Jason Campbell

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
kevin11;1769933 said:
Hes 26 ot of 30.

It stops at 30.

Its bad.

Sorry, we dont have a high powered offense with Owens, Crayton, and Witten.

He have the most overrated WR in the NFCE. Moss, ARE, and Cooley. It isnt even close.

Campbell whether you guys like it or not is a solid QB that will be playing for us until his late 30s.

WHy we like him is because he gets better.

Also, Our offense is run-first. We dont throow for more than 30 passes/game.
i hope you don't plan on winning a superbowl anytime soon than. campell is average at best.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;1769927 said:
OK, since no one else wants to say it, I will. Jason Campbell's problem is that he's dumber than a box of rocks.

Saunders' 700 page playbook can't be implemented because Campbell's only done coloring the first three pages.

His accuracy really struggles because his mechanics are very inconsistent. People point to his completion percentage to claim that he is accurate but that's a fallacy. Given Washington's short passing attack, anything under 70% is an abject failure.

Any connect the dots in that 700 pager?

kevin11

Reaction score
YoMick;1769940 said:
Campbell has less throw attempts or that would be closer to 50%

He average yards per pass are lower... this guy throws 5 and 6 yard passes... if he ever threw the ball over the secondary his stats would be worse

Romo has a 103 rating
Campbell has an 80 rating

Romo has thrown 14 more TD's
Campbell has 9 fumbles - 5 of them lost
Im just comparing the %. 58.1 isnt bad at all. Its an improvement from last year.

The problem is that Gibbs doesn't give JC the chance to throw pass the 1st down marker.

gbrittain

Reaction score
kevin11;1769933 said:
Hes 26 ot of 30.

It stops at 30.

Its bad.

Sorry, we dont have a high powered offense with Owens, Crayton, and Witten.

He have the most overrated WR in the NFCE. Moss, ARE, and Cooley. It isnt even close.

Campbell whether you guys like it or not is a solid QB that will be playing for us until his late 30s.

WHy we like him is because he gets better.

Also, Our offense is run-first. We dont throow for more than 30 passes/game.

Not true my friend. The only starting QBs who have a worse completion % than Campbell are:

E. Manning
Lemon
McCown/Culpepper
Anderson
Testaverde
Leftwich

If you by the qualifier which NFL.com list as those who have thrown at least 14 passes in every game he moves to 26th out of 30.

You were looking at QB rating and not completion %. He is among the very lowest in terms of completion %.

EDIT: I SEE YOU CORRECTED YOUR ORIGINAL POST

kevin11

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1769941 said:
i hope you don't plan on winning a superbowl anytime soon than. campell is average at best.
okay, Your right. No average QB has ever won the superbowl?

Trent Dilfer, Kurt WArner, Big Ben, Doug WIlliams, and Mark Rypien are all great. They are elite. :lmao2:

It takes a good team to win the superbowl, not a good QB.

I dont expect us to be in the superbowl, soon. Campbell probably wont see it. But, he is already turning into a decent QB.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
kevin11;1769948 said:

Trent Dilfer, Kurt WArner, Big Ben, Doug WIlliams, and Mark Rypien are all great. They are elite. :lmao2:

I dont expect us to be in the superbowl, soon. Campbell probably wont see it. But, he is already turning into a decent QB.
kurt warner was a very good qb in his prime. the other qbs you mentioned had good defenses. also the nfl is a more offensive game now. go back to es

Wolfpack

Reaction score
I've only watched two full Commander games this year so I can not comment on his play all year.

From the limited amount I saw, I will say that he is very poised and plays his guts out for each of those 3 yard outs he throws. Kind of like a Eli only with out the sad face.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
kevin11;1769939 said:
What do you know?

Or maybe its the face that Gibbs doesnt let his QBs throw deep?

He sends 2 people on a pass play and nobody is open so Campbell throws it away. THis happens every game on every 3rd down.

I really think you will all be impressed by how JC plays against you guys.

He's thrown 2 td's to WR's all year. Both last week.

Just how impressed do you expect us to be?

He throws screens to wr's and rb's. He should have a completion % around 85%, but doesn't.

He rarely hits a guy in stride. Look at his wideout routes. When the chooses to pass to a wr, they are usually at a dead stop.

If he were a Cowboy you'd be laughing at us night and day. And rightfully so.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
OK, since no one else wants to say it, I will. Jason Campbell's problem is that he's dumber than a box of rocks.

Saunders' 700 page playbook can't be implemented because Campbell's only done coloring the first three pages.

I absolutely agree. That was the knock on him coming out of school. Dumb as a bagful of hair.

People like to talk about his "poise". I say they are mistaking "Poise" for a look of an idiot.

Never gets excited, no matter what. Its good to have icewater in your veins as a qb. But its not icewater in JC's veins, its just stupidity.

Reminds me of Bubba from Forrest Gump. Only dumber.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Hostile;1769859 said:
Dig deeper. He's one of the least respected QBs on this forum.
Wow, I said the same thing when I read his comment

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score

Hilarious
:lmao2:

kevin11

Reaction score
CowboyWay;1769958 said:
He's thrown 2 td's to WR's all year. Both last week.

Just how impressed do you expect us to be?

He throws screens to wr's and rb's. He should have a completion % around 85%, but doesn't.

He rarely hits a guy in stride. Look at his wideout routes. When the chooses to pass to a wr, they are usually at a dead stop.

If he were a Cowboy you'd be laughing at us night and day. And rightfully so.
3 TDs to Wr

You really think the TDs to Wr is his fault or lack of getting WR to run deep routes.

He rarely hits a guy in stride. Look at his wideout routes. When the chooses to pass to a wr, they are usually at a dead stop....that is a joke.

Are you sure the route wasnt a button hook or curl?

kevin11

Reaction score
CowboyWay;1769963 said:
I absolutely agree. That was the knock on him coming out of school. Dumb as a bagful of hair.

People like to talk about his "poise". I say they are mistaking "Poise" for a look of an idiot.

Never gets excited, no matter what. Its good to have icewater in your veins as a qb. But its not icewater in JC's veins, its just stupidity.

Reminds me of Bubba from Forrest Gump. Only dumber.

yea, dumb as a bagful of hair, but he had a 3.0 GPA...

Show me where they say he was too stupid to play QB..

His biggest knock was that he couldn't run a Hurry-up. Against the eagles, he ran the hurry up to perfection.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
kevin11;1769973 said:
yea, dumb as a bagful of hair, but he had a 3.3 GPA...

Auburn's a fine school but their athletic department has never been a bastion of integrity. Grade inflation, third party test taking......the proven accusations happened to coincide with Campbell's time there so pointing to a GPA is almost as lame as pointing to completion percentage as a guage of accuracy.

You do realize that he scored a 14 on his wonderlic right?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Campbell has looked ok sometimes, and he has made some nice throws. But, I've seen him also miss a lot of easy passes, and he does seem to get tentative quite a bit. I haven't seen enough of him to say he's going to be good, yet alone great. I don't even know if Romo will be great for a long period of time. I certainly hope so. But, what I do know is that he is playing great right now, and has been for a while. So, there is ALOT more evidence that Romo may be great for a long time that anything even remotely close to what Campbell has produced.

The problem with many 'Skins fans is they tend to overhype their own players, while talking down players on other teams. Yet, when they want to make Campbell look better than he is, they'll mention how their skill players don't compare to other teams' skill players at the WR or TE position, such as the 'Boys. Yes, that is true. However, the QB still has to read the defense, go through his progressions, and deliver the ball. Usually, if the players besides the QB aren't doing their job, then the coaching staff will know this. But, if the QB is doing his job or not doing his job, but the other skilled position players are, then EVERYONE will know this.

Campbell may be good in the future. But, he's certainly nothing more than an average QB right now. And IMO, there hasn't been a whole lot to warrant a lot of the potential talk that seems to be rampant among 'Skins fans. He does have a nice arm, and can laser it in there sometimes. But, everyone knows it takes more than that to be a solid QB. And it takes a lot more than that to be considered great.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
kevin11;1769948 said:

You should stick to ES where you're safe from having your posts ripped to shreds as this is about to be.

Lets take a look at your list of mediocre QB's.

Trent Dilfer - made the Pro Bowl the year Ravens made thier run. Dilfer had a mediocre career, but there was nothing mediocre about him that season.

Kurt Warner - was the league MVP the year the Rams won.

Mark Rypien - Also a Pro Bowler. So so career, but his 1991 season was tremendous.

Ben Rothlesberger - yet another probowler and was outstanding in Pitts first three playoff games. His SB perfromance was weak. If Wash made a SB with Campbell they'd need more calls then Pit got that day.

Doug Williams - to be honest I dont remember his playoff run. But his SB performance was one of the best ever. Nothing mediocre about that.

You need to except the fact that Campbell will never be anything special. He'll never smell a SB. He'll show just enough to keep the job for one or two more years and waste precious time. You'll be starting over in 2009 or 2010.

Dont waste your time believing your team can win the SB with a below average QB. Been down that road before, its an excercise in futility.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
kevin11;1769971 said:
3 TDs to Wr

You really think the TDs to Wr is his fault or lack of getting WR to run deep routes.

He rarely hits a guy in stride. Look at his wideout routes. When the chooses to pass to a wr, they are usually at a dead stop....that is a joke.

Are you sure the route wasnt a button hook or curl?
:laugh2: first it was the coaches now it's the recievers

Daudr

Reaction score
jesusphreak;1769677 said:
Commanders fans just seem to go nuts over this guy, but I must say that he hasn't done anything to impress me. I'm not just saying that because I'm a Cowboys fan, I'm saying that because he has mediocre numbers and the Commanders offense has struggled quite a bit this year.

Have you guys seen anything to make you think that Campbell is a guy that will play for decent amount of time in this league, or is he just an average player?

When you take until week 10 to have your first TD to a WR, you know there are problems with the QB and Offensive system.

kevin11

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1770009 said:
:laugh2: first it was the coaches now it's the recievers
the fact that they dont run deep is still the fault of the coach.

kevin11

Reaction score
sonnyboy;1769986 said:
You should stick to ES where you're safe from having your posts ripped to shreds as this is about to be.

Lets take a look at your list of mediocre QB's.

Trent Dilfer - made the Pro Bowl the year Ravens made thier run. Dilfer had a mediocre career, but there was nothing mediocre about him that season.

Kurt Warner - was the league MVP the year the Rams won.

Mark Rypien - Also a Pro Bowler. So so career, but his 1991 season was tremendous.

Ben Rothlesberger - yet another probowler and was outstanding in Pitts first three playoff games. His SB perfromance was weak. If Wash made a SB with Campbell they'd need more calls then Pit got that day.

Doug Williams - to be honest I dont remember his playoff run. But his SB performance was one of the best ever. Nothing mediocre about that.

You need to except the fact that Campbell will never be anything special. He'll never smell a SB. He'll show just enough to keep the job for one or two more years and waste precious time. You'll be starting over in 2009 or 2010.

Dont waste your time believing your team can win the SB with a below average QB. Been down that road before, its an excercise in futility.
okay, average is not what they were. Most except Kurt Warner are game managers...

Big Ben didnt have a probowl season. He threw 30 passes Less than 5 times in the 2005 season. He played great in the playoffs and thats all.

Why are we arguing about a superbowl?
I never said Campbell will be a superbowl winning QB.

I said Campbell is average at this time. BUt, if you think Campbell doesnt have any potential and you think he sucks then you probably haven't watched him fairly.
Stop camparing every QB to romo. Like what Hostile said, romo is extremely different. It takes a QB 2 seasons to play at a high level normally.

At 16 games in his career, he has better 1-1 ratio in TDs to Int. Higher than 50%.

Romo and Campbell are going to be really good Qbs for the next 5 years barring no injuries. Campbell doesn't get rattled and he is a good team mate. Our coaches are starting to let Campbell take control of a game.