Jason Garrett Interviewing with Chargers

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Kyle Shanahan and several of his assistants were hollering loudly, crowing and alluding to Cowboys’ coach Jason Garrett’s job security on the team bus

Garners so much respect around the league lol. Id love to hear more off the record thoughts about that coward.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't get some of these folks

I’m going to chose not to comment on that, but I will say it’s really fun watching the worm gradually turn.

NFL HC jobs are really hard to get actually, but I would like to see Garrett get a good one with a good franchise so we can see whether or not he’s capable of building another contending team with a third good QB again. It’d be more fun if it were to happen in HOU or the NFCE, but that’s probably too much to ask for. But it’d make the games more fun.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Hilarious how people thought he would never get a chance at HC again. There are far far far worse candidates out there than Garrett.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Jason Garrett took a lot of blame that should instead fall on the GM.

People are finally beginning to understand what a critically flawed roster Dallas has.

Zman5

Reaction score
How can this clown get another shot at HC?

Yeh I know. Right?

--signed Adam Gase

adam-gase-eyes.png

Jason-Garrett-eyes.jpg

Kaiser

Reaction score
Typo. I meant OC, obviously.

And, yes, I act as though having a good reputation among owners after ten years coaching the Dallas Cowboys means you have talent. Because it does.

That and the numbers. Garrett took over a rebuilding team and had a winning record over ten years. I haven't checked since midseason last year but at that point he was in the top third of winning percentage among active coaches - and all that after he took over a bad team.

But you are arguing against the math of "he sucks, that's proof, see my math!!!"

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I’m going to chose not to comment on that, but I will say it’s really fun watching the worm gradually turn.

NFL HC jobs are really hard to get actually, but I would like to see Garrett get a good one with a good franchise so we can see whether or not he’s capable of building another contending team with a third good QB again. It’d be more fun if it were to happen in HOU or the NFCE, but that’s probably too much to ask for. But it’d make the games more fun.
When he gets passed over (not if) you and trent dilfer can go back to scratching your heads wondering why we don't see what yall do. Anybody can get an interview. Nothing turned lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
When he gets passed over (not if) you and trent dilfer can go back to scratching your heads wondering why we don't see what yall do. Anybody can get an interview. Nothing turned lol

Interviewing is ACTUALLY the ONE thing that Garrett does really well. He fools everyone. I would expect Garrett to bounce around the NFL for short stints for the next two decades.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I wonder, if I went looking, if I could find you boldly proclaiming nobody would have any interest in him as a HC as emphatically as you’re now proclaiming an interested team definitely won’t hire him?

And for the record, I already know why you don’t see what I do. It’s just not nice for me to say why that is. What I *can* say is that there are fewer and fewer of you each week for a reason.

“Anybody can get an interview” for an NFL coaching vacancy. Lol.

Big_D

Reaction score
For everyone talking smack against Garrett...

Did you see how he had the Giants Offense run and pass all over us this past Sunday when it counted the most?

I wouldn't be talking about Garrett when his Giants' coached Offense made us look bad.

lol everyone makes this D look bad. They're historically terrible. Garretts' part of the reason why!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interviewing is ACTUALLY the ONE thing that Garrett does really well. He fools everyone. I would expect Garrett to bounce around the NFL for short stints for the next two decades.

He does likely interview really well. And San Diego brought him in knowing what potential baggage his name carries with fans.

I thought you were one of the guys on record saying emphatically that he’d never have another NFL HC job because he was so terrible. Am I misremembering that? It’s possible. You guys were a pretty large group.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He does likely interview really well. And San Diego brought him in knowing what potential baggage his name carries with fans.

I thought you were one of the guys on record saying emphatically that he’d never have another NFL HC job because he was so terrible. Am I misremembering that? It’s possible. You guys were a pretty large group.

I definitely said he doesnt belong in the NFL. I laughed at you and will continue to laugh at your prediction that teams would be lining up to make him their new HC last year.

I cant predict what some random dumb owner might do. Personally I think he gets a shot at some point, though he doenst deserve it.

Clearly NO ONE wanted him as a HC last year and only one dumb coach wanted him as an OC. With all the clowns coaching in the NFL Im sure it will happen. Like we both agree, the guy is miracle interview. He really knows how to fake it.

Personally Garrett needs to go back to the beginning and be a HC in college where he could have had a shot to learn his craft properly.

His fanny patting, heavy clapping, pushing his players, jumping in the ocean with them style fits more with college than the pro's. :clap:

I

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I wonder, if I went looking, if I could find you boldly proclaiming nobody would have any interest in him as a HC as emphatically as you’re now proclaiming an interested team definitely won’t hire him?

And for the record, I already know why you don’t see what I do. It’s just not nice for me to say why that is. What I *can* say is that there are fewer and fewer of you each week for a reason.

“Anybody can get an interview” for an NFL coaching vacancy. Lol.
You do know Richard had multiple interviews last year and we know what you think of him. Goofy :facepalm:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Dude in here giddy about an interview lmao. And looking at the other candidates its an insult to a (great coach). Chargers should be all over him.........but we know they arent lol