Recap: Jason Garrett on the Fan - 09/10/18

pancakeman

Reaction score
Strange how people who can't stand hearing from Garrett go ahead and open these threads, read through, and comment. Make your life better--skip over them!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Strange how people who can't stand hearing from Garrett go ahead and open these threads, read through, and comment. Make your life better--skip over them!

And yet I can't hear his voice or see his clapping carrot mug in this thread.

What was your point again?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I owned the team I'd probably do something crazy like naming Richard the HC today and giving Carrot King his walking papers.
Linehan too.
And the current playbook would be used as toilet paper.
With even an average performance on offense we win that game yesterday.
You don't think their D had an effect on our O? They were keyed to stop the run game, as every team will be, and put it on the QB to execute and he failed with his opportunities. When Thompson becomes the go to guy, this is going to be a long season.

Reaction score
105.3 The FAN‏Verified account @1053thefan 14m14 minutes ago
Garrett recapping #DALvsCAR on The Fan, "There were some bright spots, some things we can work on to get better"
Jason Garrett on yesterday's loss to Carolina, "Certainly it was not good enough. We recognize that, but there certainly were some bright spots"
Garrett on @dak "In every aspect of the game he can improve. I think he's going to get better and better."
Jason Garrett on going for it on 4th and 10, "The biggest thing we're trying to do is control our destiny there ... We gave our self an opportunity and unfortunately it didn't work out"
Jason Garrett responds to criticism on the lack of creativity, "I do think we will continue to evolve and I do think if you watched the game closely we made some changes ... We'll look at the tape, try to clean it up and move forward"
Garrett on Randy Gregory report "We really don't know anything about that."

Mark Lane‏ @therealmarklane 17m17 minutes ago
#Cowboys coach Jason Garrett tells @1053thefan he thought they competed hard yesterday against the #Panthers.
Sunday was not good enough, but there were bright spots and things they can build upon.
the "minus plays" in the first half were not really due to preseason rust.
the passing game didn't execute versus the #Panthers. "It's not so much the big plays, but the little plays that get you going in a game like that."
there is no question that you can continue to grow in your accuracy as a quarterback.
they went for it on fourth-and-10 because they were "trying to control our destiny." They felt like it was the right thing to do there.
they feel good about Brett Maher going forward.
"Again, we don't really know anything about [Gregory relapse]. I don't know where those reports come from. The way the league sets it up we don't get a lot of reports on that." Says they will continue to support Randy Gregory.
#Cowboys coach Jason Garrett likes the way the defense tackled overall against the #Panthers.

Jon Machota‏Verified account @********** 10m10 minutes ago
Jason Garrett on @1053thefan said he has no knowledge of any suspension potentially looming over Randy Gregory. “I don’t know where those reports come from.” Repeated what Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones have said, the team is last to know in those situations
Thanks for the recap.

But are you sure this interview wasn't from 2015?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I owned the team I'd probably do something crazy like naming Richard the HC today and giving Carrot King his walking papers.
Linehan too.

Same here. Enough is enough. It's just too bad that the old man doubled down on these sorry *** coaches and cost us yet another season already.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What would anyone expect him to say? There's nothing he could have said that would make this loss go down any easier. They played hard but not particularly well but they were also playing a team that is D dependent and not every team can do what they can do.

Batman1980

Reaction score
What would anyone expect him to say? There's nothing he could have said that would make this loss go down any easier. They played hard but not particularly well but they were also playing a team that is D dependent and not every team can do what they can do.

We are also D dependent.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
105.3 The FAN‏Verified account @1053thefan 14m14 minutes ago
Garrett recapping #DALvsCAR on The Fan, "There were some bright spots, some things we can work on to get better"
Jason Garrett on yesterday's loss to Carolina, "Certainly it was not good enough. We recognize that, but there certainly were some bright spots"
Garrett on @dak "In every aspect of the game he can improve. I think he's going to get better and better."
Jason Garrett on going for it on 4th and 10, "The biggest thing we're trying to do is control our destiny there ... We gave our self an opportunity and unfortunately it didn't work out"
Jason Garrett responds to criticism on the lack of creativity, "I do think we will continue to evolve and I do think if you watched the game closely we made some changes ... We'll look at the tape, try to clean it up and move forward"
Garrett on Randy Gregory report "We really don't know anything about that."

Mark Lane‏ @therealmarklane 17m17 minutes ago
#Cowboys coach Jason Garrett tells @1053thefan he thought they competed hard yesterday against the #Panthers.
Sunday was not good enough, but there were bright spots and things they can build upon.
the "minus plays" in the first half were not really due to preseason rust.
the passing game didn't execute versus the #Panthers. "It's not so much the big plays, but the little plays that get you going in a game like that."
there is no question that you can continue to grow in your accuracy as a quarterback.
they went for it on fourth-and-10 because they were "trying to control our destiny." They felt like it was the right thing to do there.
they feel good about Brett Maher going forward.
"Again, we don't really know anything about [Gregory relapse]. I don't know where those reports come from. The way the league sets it up we don't get a lot of reports on that." Says they will continue to support Randy Gregory.
#Cowboys coach Jason Garrett likes the way the defense tackled overall against the #Panthers.

Jon Machota‏Verified account @********** 10m10 minutes ago
Jason Garrett on @1053thefan said he has no knowledge of any suspension potentially looming over Randy Gregory. “I don’t know where those reports come from.” Repeated what Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones have said, the team is last to know in those situations
I'm calling BS on this one..lol "bright spots"?? what does that even mean?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I expect him to say he almost puked up his Italian sub, like he tells the back up scrubs when they don't practice well. :laugh:

Reaction score
Linehan too.
If I owned the team Garrett would have been gone after the 2015 season.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Telling to me was when he talks bout "controlling our destiny"

Dude knows hes on the hot seat and he is trying to make sure he goes out swinging

Thomas82

Reaction score
It wouldn't shock me if Garrett lost the locker room by the halfway point in the season.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
Linehan too.
and take the non-experienced QB coach with you

cristglo

Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS Cowboys Off Coaches under investigation 4 embezzlement of funds for cashing checks for services not rendered. It has been reported that funds were collected for Sundays game in which neither JG or SL showed up. JJ refused to comment after the game

Ddisco22

Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS Cowboys Off Coaches under investigation 4 embezzlement of funds for cashing checks for services not rendered. It has been reported that funds were collected for Sundays game in which neither JG or SL showed up. JJ refused to comment after the game
HAHAHA Nice!!