Recap: Jason Garrett on the Fan - 09/10/18

visionary

Reaction score
without reading it i bet its along the lines of.

we gotta improve, we gotta get better, the team will continue to evolve, thats a heck of a panthers team out there, we are moving on to the Giants.

how did i do?

Apparently there were also a lot of "bright spots" that missed

khiladi

Reaction score
Would getting rid of Garrett solve the problem of Dak?

No, but it doe mean the franchise can move in a different direction eventually and ultimately mean Dallas wouldn’t be tied to Dak or any player for that matter. I can tolerate a year or two of Dak if it means a totally clean slate, with a new direction. Right now, it’s the same old nonsense.

Hope only lies in Jerry canning Garrett, because then it is a real admittance he’s moving on philosophically.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Would getting rid of Garrett solve the problem of Dak?

No, but it doe mean the franchise can move in a different direction eventually and ultimately mean Dallas wouldn’t be tied to Dak or any player for that matter. I can tolerate a year or two of Dak if it means a totally clean slate, with a new direction. Right now, it’s the same old nonsense.

Hope only lies in Jerry canning Garrett, because then it is a real admittance he’s moving on philosophically.
I watched lot of football yesterday, and one thing I noticed, and have noticed, is that most QBs in most of the games throw to WRs that are wide open. Our offense doesn't do that. The opposing teams know what plays are coming and practice our plays all week. Our receivers are never wide open, sans a broken coverage. I keep seeing posters saying that Dak can't throw into tight windows. Why? why not throw to wide open WRs most of the time. Look at SD and KC, those WRs were running wide open all game long. GB, NE, NO.... all scheme their plays to have their WRs get open and get open fast. In our offense, the WRs run straight at a DB and never separate from them. Garrett's idea is to out talent, out execute the opponent. That only works when you have elite talent all over the field, and a Jimmy Johnson type coach cracking the whip. Garrett is not Jimmy!

I would be shocked if the team doesn't give up on Garrett and mails it in this season.

It could be Monday morning quarter backing after the first game, but we've seen this for 8 years. It's frustrating getting out coached every game.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Does Garrett actually watch "the film?"
He always mentions watching film, but nothing changes in approach or execution.

kevm3

Reaction score
Let's trade Dak for a 4th rounder to Jacksonville or New England since he apparently sucks so bad. Time to start Cooper Rush

CCBoy

Reaction score
The off season is strained out to evaluate players that won't sniff the carpet...yet the whole team that is on the roster was not prepared to start a season. No matter how one cuts it, that is upon the coaching staff. Maybe they should start playing their medical staff...they got the most work in during camp..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What will it say about our leadership if Coach G remains here after another disappointing season?

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
I almost wish they would keep losing to expedite his departure.