Recap: Jason Garrett on the Fan - 09/10/18

mugsybows

Reaction score
without reading it i bet its along the lines of.

we gotta improve, we gotta get better, the team will continue to evolve, thats a heck of a panthers team out there, we are moving on to the Giants.

how did i do?

silvrNblue

Reaction score
More of the same, tired *** song and dance from this clown. Not a damn single adjustment at 1/2 time, so typical of Garrett' s candyland, I don't wish ill on anyone, but I'm fed up with this clapping joker

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Why do people even waste their time NFL coach press conferences? All the coaches say basically the same garbage. On a rare occasion, you get a Dennis Green making a fool out of himself.

We all know what Garrett says after a loss. It is the same, been the same for the last 9 or 10 years.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I call BS. Next week if we beat the giants you guys will be back on the garrett train. Dak will be best backup starting qb in the league and if he makes one pass that every qb makes in the NFL we will get to see the video of it over and over to prove he's not a scrub who plays scared. smh... rah rah.. rah?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
So he thinks Dak will get better and better all the while he is getting worse and worse. Garrett is either oblivious to the truth or he is simply riding out the big paycheck for as long as he can.

CWR

Reaction score
Good deal, sounds like coach Garrett is on top of things. We will keep improving.

GenoT

Reaction score
105.3 The FAN‏Verified account @1053thefan 14m14 minutes ago
Garrett recapping #DALvsCAR on The Fan, "There were some bright spots, some things we can work on to get better"
Jason Garrett on yesterday's loss to Carolina, "Certainly it was not good enough. We recognize that, but there certainly were some bright spots"
Garrett on @dak "In every aspect of the game he can improve. I think he's going to get better and better."
Jason Garrett on going for it on 4th and 10, "The biggest thing we're trying to do is control our destiny there ... We gave our self an opportunity and unfortunately it didn't work out"
Jason Garrett responds to criticism on the lack of creativity, "I do think we will continue to evolve and I do think if you watched the game closely we made some changes ... We'll look at the tape, try to clean it up and move forward"
Garrett on Randy Gregory report "We really don't know anything about that."

Mark Lane‏ @therealmarklane 17m17 minutes ago
#Cowboys coach Jason Garrett tells @1053thefan he thought they competed hard yesterday against the #Panthers.
Sunday was not good enough, but there were bright spots and things they can build upon.
the "minus plays" in the first half were not really due to preseason rust.
the passing game didn't execute versus the #Panthers. "It's not so much the big plays, but the little plays that get you going in a game like that."
there is no question that you can continue to grow in your accuracy as a quarterback.
they went for it on fourth-and-10 because they were "trying to control our destiny." They felt like it was the right thing to do there.
they feel good about Brett Maher going forward.
"Again, we don't really know anything about [Gregory relapse]. I don't know where those reports come from. The way the league sets it up we don't get a lot of reports on that." Says they will continue to support Randy Gregory.
#Cowboys coach Jason Garrett likes the way the defense tackled overall against the #Panthers.

Jon Machota‏Verified account @********** 10m10 minutes ago
Jason Garrett on @1053thefan said he has no knowledge of any suspension potentially looming over Randy Gregory. “I don’t know where those reports come from.” Repeated what Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones have said, the team is last to know in those situations

In other words, it’s a Process.

khiladi

Reaction score
Do people not understand that this franchise has been a disaster ever since Garrett was hired, despite the smokes and mirrors? Every decision by Jerry was made to try and protect the image of his “Boy Wonder”.

Dan Reeves allegedly not punching a time clock, Wade getting fired was only a matter of time, despite Garrett not even being able to run the ball and constantly turning the ball over. Skip Pete being fired while Brother Garrett gets a nice send away, after being prompted to passing game coordinator after doing nothing as a TE coach, while we continued to spend draft picks on TEs, Rob Ryan being fired for not generating TOs as an excuse for Garrett not getting enough chances to score via these TOs. Dez can’t run routes supposedly, Garrett sabotaging Callahan.. Dooley being blamed, when he was a Garrett man.. blaming the defense and shifting to 4-3.. hiring Kiffin who was a disaster only to bring in Marinelli.. refusing to change the offense for years, because it’s the only thing Garrett knows...

9of11

Reaction score
I really want Jason to succeed since he's a former Cowboys player...but 8 years is enough...I know its only one game but after last nights game....hope is all we have left.

khiladi

Reaction score
Garrett isn’t going anywhere. 2016 proved to Jerry that it’s a matter of coordinators per his own words, meaning he’s found a way in his mind, to rationalize keeping Garrett while shuffling coordinators.

And then he can always fall back on COY in 2016, which is what he even did last year when Dallas was miserable.

This is the guy who allowed Garrett to get rid of Romo of all people, despite his love of Tony...

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Do people not understand that this franchise has been a disaster ever since Garrett was hired, despite the smokes and mirrors? Every decision by Jerry was made to try and protect the image of his “Boy Wonder”.

Dan Reeves allegedly not punching a time clock, Wade getting fired was only a matter of time, despite Garrett not even being able to run the ball and constantly turning the ball over. Skip Pete being fired while Brother Garrett gets a nice send away, after being prompted to passing game coordinator after doing nothing as a TE coach, while we continued to spend draft picks on TEs, Rob Ryan being fired for not generating TOs as an excuse for Garrett not getting enough chances to score via these TOs. Dez can’t run routes supposedly, Garrett sabotaging Callahan.. Dooley being blamed, when he was a Garrett man.. blaming the defense and shifting to 4-3.. hiring Kiffin who was a disaster only to bring in Marinelli.. refusing to change the offense for years, because it’s the only thing Garrett knows...

^THIS

Blake

Reaction score
What would anyone expect him to say? There's nothing he could have said that would make this loss go down any easier. They played hard but not particularly well but they were also playing a team that is D dependent and not every team can do what they can do.

How about taking personal responsibility for his failures as a coach, which he NEVER does. As soon as he starts pointing the finger at himself, he'll begin gaining a little more of my respect. Great leaders will acknowledge there own culpability instead of continuing to pass the buck.

khiladi

Reaction score
Father Garrett has a tribute video on the Cowboys web-site. Jimmy Johnson still isn’t in the Ring if Honor.

All the Garrett’s got there first start here, because of the connections of this man to Jerry. I wouldn’t be surprised if Father Garrett was the guy snitching on Jimmy Johnson, saying the latter kept making fun of him, when Jim Garrett was working here as a scout. This guy was here with Larry Lacewell making personnel decisions after Jimmy left and feeding Jerry’s delusions.

We got another Garrett as Director of Pro Personnel and another Garrett that Jerry had to let go when he cleaned house in 2012, but he didn’t fire him while he fired everybody else. Jerry spared him a firing...