Twitter: Jason Garrett on The Fan - 11/11/19

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jason, it's a true blessing for you that Jerry considers you a part of the family.

I'd say he's far more devoted to you than anyone else who doesn't deserve it.

The sorry part about that story is that you won't do the same for your players.

Last edited:

Tim93gt

Reaction score
Please let that Tavon Austin fair catch be featured tonight on C’mon man... please. It’s going to take more than just the Cowboy fans piling in on the fire Garrett bandwagon.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please let that Tavon Austin fair catch be featured tonight on C’mon man... please. It’s going to take more than just the Cowboy fans piling in on the fire Garrett bandwagon.

When the coaches advised him to fair catch, they didn't expect him to have 20 yards of open field in front of him. A veteran pro football player needs to make a better decision. He could have got us to at least where Dak threw those 2 dink passes to set up the hail mary.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score

It looked to me as if Austin had a "pissed of" reaction as soon as he fair caught the ball. I thought, at the time, that he was pissed off that he wasn't given the option to return the punt. Now, it looks as though he might have been pissed off at himself for choosing (on his own) not to return it. Maybe it was one of those "oh ****, did I really just do that?" moments.
Doesn't really matter, the game was full of woulda, coulda, shoulda moments that could have changed the outcome. It is what it is.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He has a great teacher.

But if Garrett isn’t going to receive credit for wins why should he blamed for the losses.

Garrett certainly didn’t look like he was in on the play calling in that sequence. Jerry had even warned to stay out of the way.

And Dak said the intent was to run time off the clock. If it would have worked been brilliant. As usual we are all second guessing cause it didn’t work.

Garret hasn’t won anything. What is this gets credit for wins crap.

8 seasons.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I didn't have a problem with the second-and-2 run. I didn't think we needed to pass it on every down when started the drive with four minutes left.

However, after the second-down run was stuffed, no way do you run one of your staple running plays on third down. We hadn't done anything against the Vikings' defense with our staple plays so if we were going to run in that situation, we needed to at least mix it up. Have Dak run a keeper with the defense focused on Elliott or maybe run the misdirection play where you pitch it to the back going the opposite of where it looks like the play is going. We ran nothing to aid the running game, just kept trying to bang into the wall expecting different results.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
It looked to me as if Austin had a "pissed of" reaction as soon as he fair caught the ball. I thought, at the time, that he was pissed off that he wasn't given the option to return the punt. Now, it looks as though he might have been pissed off at himself for choosing (on his own) not to return it. Maybe it was one of those "oh ****, did I really just do that?" moments.
Doesn't really matter, the game was full of woulda, coulda, shoulda moments that could have changed the outcome. It is what it is.
This too shall pass.

Onto more important things - thank you for your service, sir - Happy Veteran's Day!!!

superonyx

Reaction score
When the coaches advised him to fair catch, they didn't expect him to have 20 yards of open field in front of him. A veteran pro football player needs to make a better decision. He could have got us to at least where Dak threw those 2 dink passes to set up the hail mary.
A player can only be blamed for his choice is he feels he actually has the power to make a choice.
Players will typically be more inclined to believe in themselves more than they should/

willia451

Reaction score
But if Garrett isn’t going to receive credit for wins why should he blamed for the losses.

Agreed. He just as much as said he doesn't do anything on game day but wear headphones and fill the slot. Everyone else is doing the critical thinking.

Maybe that's why he hasn't been fired yet? He does nothing out there. And that's what everyone wants?

Wow!!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agreed. He just as much as said he doesn't do anything on game day but wear headphones and fill the slot. Everyone else is doing the critical thinking.

Maybe that's why he hasn't been fired yet? He does nothing out there. And that's what everyone wants?

Wow!!!!
That’s the life of a Puppet. He’s basically an extension of Jerry.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is what a puppet coach does. Why are we surprised? Jerry took away play calling so how is he responsible for the play calling? Or was it Dak who made the wrong choice at the line? The important thing is that the world knows it was not Jason's fault.

wileedog

Reaction score
if u listen to Jason garrett u are lost he cant find his way home at night unless they send a guide with him

"I don't know why the team bus wound up in Tuscaloosa last night instead of at the stadium. We gave the GPS several options - the shortest route, the highway route or the route with the least tolls. It was unfortunate the GPS system chose the route to Tuscaloosa. No I don't know why, you'll have to ask the Garmon, I was just the one driving."

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Anyone who's watched this team be cosched to fair catch almost everything for YEARS knows Garrett is spinning silk from his spiders *** to cover himself. I guarantee the conversation was something along the lines of, "Don't return it unless everyone on the coverage teams falls down and you can walk it in."

See, he had the option. It was his decision!

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
This too shall pass.

Onto more important things - thank you for your service, sir - Happy Veteran's Day!!!
Thank you, sir. Much appreciated.
And yes...it shall pass (already has). :)

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Favorable box? What game were he and Kellen watching?

Also, I want my HC in his 9th season having some input on what is called on the final few plays of a game when my OC is in his first season of calling plays. WTH