Twitter: Jason Garrett on The Fan - 11/11/19

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
It looks to me that Jason never really directly blames the players, just subtle & non-commital statements to be safe. But he also rarely places blame directly on himself.
Cowardly, very cowardly.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Blamed Moore, Blamed Dak. Blamed Austin.

Never owns anything

Exactly...what he doesn't realize is that the other side of the script of throwing everybody under the bus and that they made the critical decision means he made no decisions...thus confirming his lack of value to the team... Add the unprepared, undisciplined play, it truly calls in to question what he actually does.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
Exactly...what he doesn't realize is that the other side of the script of throwing everybody under the bus and that they made the critical decision means he made no decisions...thus confirming his lack of value to the team... Add the unprepared, undisciplined play, it truly calls in to question what he actually does.

giphy.gif

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
The middle Tweet - was that a subtle tossing of Dak under the bus? Damn, that dude sucks. Man up and accept some responsibility.
He didn't mention the pass option last night, but I guess he had time to think about it over night and like every other time, threw Dak under the bus.

Zman5

Reaction score
JG saying Austin had the option to return the punt makes no sense. Every punt return has an option to return or fair catch yet the way Austin fair caught the ball immediately tells me he was encouraged not to return it more so than return it.

I've seen Austin trying to return a punt with several opposing players running towards him close by. He's not Cole Beasley who fair caught the ball almost every time even when he had room to run.
This is just an another instance of JG coaching scared and now trying to blame the players for the bad result.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
My finger is sore from giving out so many likes...everybody here gets it... Why doesn't Jerry?!!?!

Cmac

Reaction score
At this point....JG knows Kellen is soon to be Interim HC. JJ thinks he is going to be a McVay or Shannahan. C'mon Man!!! Way to go JG, with the "If I'm going down, everybody is."

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
he felt like he had a good opportunity against a favorable box to run the ball in those situations.

So Garret is calling the plays. Exactly what does Moore do?

willia451

Reaction score
That’s the life of a Puppet. He’s basically an extension of Jerry.

Not trying to be obtuse. But what does replacing him do if we most likely would just replace him with another puppet?

Aren't we better off with the puppet that we know? Instead of trying to break-in a new puppet?

BatteryPowered

Reaction score

What does this dude actually do? His time management skills are non existent and it feels like he lets the coordinators do their own thing. Dude has been over his head since day one and has never figured it out

I wonder what he does myself. Does he have Muzak playing in his headset? I always assumed he was listening to the conversations and play calls. How hard is it to say "Don't run...pass the ball"? It's only 5 words.

Big_D

Reaction score
He should have been fired in 2008

there is no reason this man should be here 13 years

It was a terrible hire on day 1. Unbelievable that he's still here. That team was ready to compete and Jerry hires an inexperienced OC before the HC and wonders what went wrong?

Big_D

Reaction score
Not trying to be obtuse. But what does replacing him do if we most likely would just replace him with another puppet?

Aren't we better off with the puppet that we know? Instead of trying to break-in a new puppet?

This puppet is Jerrys long lost stepson. That's the problem. The next puppet won't get a leash for a decade and the coach for a lifetime treatment. Moving on from Garrett is priority #1 at this point.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Has Garrett EVER put the blame on himself? Ever?

Does Garrett sound like a leader to anyone? It sounds to me like he is passing the buck to his players and coaches.That's not leadership.

Why would he behave any differently than the man who hired him? Lack of accountability is engrained in the Cowboys structure.

Jerry and his kids have jobs-for-life, win or lose. Occasionally, a head coach gets sacrificed to appease the masses but the organization does not change.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I have never once heard him say, "I take the blame." after a loss.

Be a man, stand up.
When asked about the 2 running plays last night, Dak said he mentioned they wanted to burn time so as to not leave time for Minnesota. I can guarantee you that Garrett told them that. That weasel has no confidence in the defense to make a stop.