Jason Garrett Was Key In Drafting Ezekiel Elliott And Dak Prescott

haleyrules

Reaction score
It's been fun watching it gradually dawn on people what's been going on in Dallas the last several years. Just swallow the pill and get on board the HC train. There's no stopping it now. Either get on board, or stay under the tracks.

Anybody here think he's not the hands-down favorite for Coach of the Year in the NFL in 2016? Anybody?

lol. Still lovin Garrett eh? He's a turd!! lo;).:flagwave:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still think Garrett and Jones sabotaged Wilson to become head coach. That's why he didnt take the Baltimore job. When he was a coordinator he would not let Romo change plays, as a head coach Romo gets the green light. Oh well, doesn't matter now. I hope he gets coach of the year and wins us multiple Superbowls. Go Red!!!

Wade got the job in the first place as a placeholder who was getting his third shot because Jerry didn't expect Parcels to step down as soon as he did. No different from putting a journeyman QB in place while you groom your high draft pick. I've never understood where the notion came about that Wade got the shaft in that deal. He had successful teams in 2007 and 2009. Had he gotten them over the hump, he'd have earned his extension. Instead, he lost the team and got fired when the GM thought his prodigy was ready. Nothing nefarious went on.

I don't remember Romo not being able to change plays when Garrett was OC. And I don't see how it's particularly relevant. Those offenses were pretty effective, regardless.

I agree with the 'I hope he wins us multiple Superbowls' part. :)

haleyrules

Reaction score
I still think Garrett and Jones sabotaged Wilson to become head coach. That's why he didnt take the Baltimore job. When he was a coordinator he would not let Romo change plays, as a head coach Romo gets the green light. Oh well, doesn't matter now. I hope he gets coach of the year and wins us multiple Superbowls. Go Red!!!
You mean Wade, right?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol. Still lovin Garrett eh? He's a turd!! lo;).:flagwave:

Sooner or later, you guys are going to come back and lick my boots and tell me I'm pretty. We both know it's going to happen. I promise to be a gentle and benevolent overlord when the time comes.

It's going to become a thing in Dallas for everybody to wear red wigs in the stands and stare creepily and clap whenever they're on the jerrytron. It's going to happen, and you're all going to love it.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Nonsense..

Jerry picked Zeke and Dak. As far as Dak, they decided on him because they didn't want to give that much for Lynch, though they wanted him. And they actually preferred Cook.

Here is the ACTUAL article from Peter King that this guy is fabricating his own version from:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/11/23/dallas-cowboys-draft-nfl-ezekiel-elliott-dak-prescott
Khilda what does it mean "actual article" and when did Peter King become the go to man for inside Dallas Cowboys info.
ya obviously they wanted other QB's before they took Dakota.

plasticman

Reaction score
I have stated from the very beginning that all the great coaches have a plan when they come in and they describe that plan in detail.

This team is everything that Jason Garrett described back in the summer of 2011.

Remember his pedigree. His dad was an NFL scout for 30 years. His brother was the Cowboy's Director of Pro Personnel. What do you think they talked about at the dinner table every day for years?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wade got the job in the first place as a placeholder who was getting his third shot because Jerry didn't expect Parcels to step down as soon as he did. No different from putting a journeyman QB in place while you groom your high draft pick. I've never understood where the notion came about that Wade got the shaft in that deal. He had successful teams in 2007 and 2009. Had he gotten them over the hump, he'd have earned his extension. Instead, he lost the team and got fired when the GM thought his prodigy was ready. Nothing nefarious went on.

I don't remember Romo not being able to change plays when Garrett was OC. And I don't see how it's particularly relevant. Those offenses were pretty effective, regardless.

I agree with the 'I hope he wins us multiple Superbowls' part. :)
When Jason was the coordinator, i asked him, face to face, how much input does your QB have. He told me, very little to none. I'm biased to Wade, he's one of the nicest individuals I've ever met. That being said, I'm letting it go and supporting Garrett 100%. As long as he keeps winning. Lol

haleyrules

Reaction score
When Jason was the coordinator, i asked him, face to face, how much input does your QB have. He told me, very little to none. I'm biased to Wade, he's one of the nicest individuals I've ever met. That being said, I'm letting it go and supporting Garrett 100%. As long as he keeps winning. Lol
Your right when you said Garrett worked to undermine Wade. Thats exactly what he did.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sooner or later, you guys are going to come back and lick my boots and tell me I'm pretty. We both know it's going to happen. I promise to be a gentle and benevolent overlord when the time comes.

It's going to become a thing in Dallas for everybody to wear red wigs in the stands and stare creepily and clap whenever they're on the jerrytron. It's going to happen, and you're all going to love it.
Lol, I've been wearing size 15 Redwings for 35 years.
Oh, my bad. You said red wigs not red wings. Lol

Last edited:

Zman5

Reaction score
You know, I may get flak for this, but I think Garrett has been disrespected this year. I have heard many people giving Bill Belli, Andy Reid , and even the coach from Miami as coach of the year( the name escapes me).

Garrett repaired a 4-12 in one year. Granted that had to do with the joneses, but you're telling me he didn't have a say so. Think about the mess that Garrett had to overcome to go 13-3

-Randy Gregory
-DeMarcus Lawrence suspension
-Greg Hardy departure
-The drafting of Zeke Elliott and Dak Prescott
-The Injury of Tony Romo
-The season opener loss

The man has his team with a first round bye, homefield advantage, and he's getting overlook by the names mentioned above? Shenanigans

Let me guess. In your mind, JG had nothing to do with that 4-12 in the first place.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

I sure hope you're right.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Sure. Anytime a Club takes a QB with their 2nd pick in the 4th rd you know he wasn't their dream pick! They got very, very lucky with Prescott. How many teams are kicking themselves for not grabbing him sooner! The Giants come to mind!
The same can be said about that fellow up in New England who was drafted #199 in Rd 6 in 2000. Probably one of the luckiest picks ever on NFL draft history. We can only hope that Dak follows in his footsteps.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Elliot I can believe because of the success from the previous year with Demarco.

But Dak was just luck. Yeah, they did they're homework, and then went out on a limb in the 4th round. :rolleyes: Surely, they thought Romo would get injured and the rookie was capable enough to start right away and would help lead the team to a 13-3 record.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Yeah I thought there was going to be something definitive in the article. I'm warming up to the ginger but the effusive (non substantive ) praise is relatively hollow imo
Well, it is from Blogging the Boys. ;)