Jason Garrett Was Key In Drafting Ezekiel Elliott And Dak Prescott

DandyDon52

Reaction score
By all accounts, the scouts did not like Prescott. He was a coaches' pick, specifically Linehan and Wilson's.
yeah this is what I read.
but the whole draft team approved both picks, so you can give credit to just one person.

rynochop

Reaction score
So good draft pick = give anybody credit but Jerry

Bad draft pick = Jerry's fault

Gotcha!
You have it down...but you left out not drafting players that didn't pan out is also his fault, because he wanted to draft them

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Typical, when a pick goes well, Jerry gets no credit, when it goes bad, he is an idiot.
Jerry wanted.......MANZIEL.

Just blew your post out of the water......That would include Marcellus Wiley, #81, Ismail, Roy Williams the receiver, Galloway, Campo, Switzer "Let's bring a gun to the airport", Gailey, Tony Banks, Ryan Leaf, Anzwah, and a slew of other 'Projects' that looked good in the shower and may or may not have got him some 'Glory.........hole'.

Give it a rest, dude. You're embarrassing Jerry........

Seven

Reaction score
Jason had the good sense to agree with Will McClay and Scott Linehan so make him coach of the year. :rolleyes:
You know tnis, how? Maybe it was the other way around. Who was the last to interview Dakota? Jerry? LMAO!!!!!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jerry wanted.......MANZIEL.

Just blew your post out of the water......That would include Marcellus Wiley, #81, Ismail, Roy Williams the receiver, Galloway, Campo, Switzer "Let's bring a gun to the airport", Gailey, Tony Banks, Ryan Leaf, Anzwah, and a slew of other 'Projects' that looked good in the shower and may or may not have got him some 'Glory.........hole'.

Give it a rest, dude. You're embarrassing Jerry........

I think the whole Jerry wanted Manziel thing is a overblown myth. Sure, I think he wanted him but I don't think he wanted him as much that has been reported. I just can't see someone telling Jerry who he should pick especially if he claims to "love" a player.

Seven

Reaction score
I think the whole Jerry wanted Manziel thing is a overblown myth. Sure, I think he wanted him but I don't think he wanted him as much that has been reported. I just can't see someone telling Jerry who he should pick especially if he claims to "love" a player.
See current roster........See the last experiment.... Hardy. There's a list of shoreline wreckage....No one 'tells' Jerry who he should pick. They have to waste oxygen telling him who NOT to pick. That's the problem.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
See current roster........See the last experiment.... Hardy. There's a list of shoreline wreckage....No one 'tells' Jerry who he should pick. They have to waste oxygen telling him who NOT to pick. That's the problem.

So who was responsible for Hardy? Or Gregory? Don't get me wrong I think IMO, Garrett changed the whole culture of this team and he arguably was proabbly the only one who could do it that Jerry would let do it. But I also agree with the notion that every good move seems to belong to everyone but Jerry and when it doesn't work its Jerry. That seems to be the tone around here.

Seven

Reaction score
Sure. Anytime a Club takes a QB with their 2nd pick in the 4th rd you know he wasn't their dream pick! They got very, very lucky with Prescott. How many teams are kicking themselves for not grabbing him sooner! The Giants come to mind!
Camping out a Miss St. And digging a hole from here to China is NOT luck.

Several other teams, including the great John Elway had their opportunity. Denver used their first round pick and chose Paxton.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
LOL, all this debate about who vs. who you would think this season had tanked already. I'm sure everybody had a hand in the recent success. Let's just enjoy it!

Seven

Reaction score
So who was responsible for Hardy? Or Gregory? Don't get me wrong I think IMO, Garrett changed the whole culture of this team and he arguably was proabbly the only one who could do it that Jerry would let do it. But I also agree with the notion that every good move seems to belong to everyone but Jerry and when it doesn't work its Jerry. That seems to be the tone around here.
It's not a tone my man. It's a track record.

The new tone is RKG......Like Landry and Jimmy strived for. Jerry has no clue what a RKG is, IMO.

I believe Jason wanted no parts of Hardy or Gregory.

I do respect your opinion, rocyaice. I'm not saying mine is 100% correct.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's not a tone my man. It's a track record.

The new tone is RKG......Like Landry and Jimmy strived for. Jerry has no clue what a RKG is, IMO.

I believe Jason wanted no parts of Hardy or Gregory.

I do respect your opinion, rocyaice. I'm not saying mine is 100% correct.

Well I think Jerry just wants players. Players who flash out on tape. But sometimes it takes more than that. Sean Lee flashed on tape but also happened to be a RKG.

For our sake i'm just glad this team doesn't rely on the few guys on this team that quite possibly aren't RKG. Because if we had depended on Hardy or Gregory or McClain.......it would've been ugly. But instead, without them we actually got better on all phases of the game.

Seven

Reaction score
Well I think Jerry just wants players. Players who flash out on tape. But sometimes it takes more than that. Sean Lee flashed on tape but also happened to be a RKG.

For our sake i'm just glad this team doesn't rely on the few guys on this team that quite possibly aren't RKG. Because if we had depended on Hardy or Gregory or McClain.......it would've been ugly. But instead, without them we actually got better on all phases of the game.
Absolutely!

One way or another, minus Jerry.....This team is improving. That's what matters.

Last edited: