Jason Hatcher Rips Romo and Garrett

DFWJC

Reaction score
Tony Romo was definitely without a doubt a self-centered individual. You don't have to talk about yourself accurate to have that be a proven fact. His actions proved it. He had BFFs. Patrick Crayton drop the football against the Giants he wasn't even looking for the football he didn't expect it. Same thing happened with Austin. You very seldom see Tony Romo with his teammates. That doesn't mean I think Tony Romo wasn't a team player because he did want to win at whatever cost. But I am a great evaluator. I can profile just about anyone. And that's my opinion of Tony and it is just that an opinion
No, you are not a great evaluator:laugh: At least in this case.
I know plenty of people who know the guy personally and you really have no clue.
If anything, they call him somewhat shy at times, though he has grown out of that to some degree.

And you are flat out nuts about that Crayton play...at least if you are referring to the perfectly throw game-winning pass to Crayton at the end of the Giants playoff game. Crayton blew that one.

That literally was game-winning play.
Anyway, agree to disagree.

Funny how everyone that actually knows Tony Romo would NEVER say so self-centered.
Whatever...you're entitled your opinion

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am a perfectionist being self-centered is part of that the lost me the opportunity the totally concentrate on trying to achieve what I want. But I try to treat everybody equally. Does it mean you're a good person doesn't mean you're a bad person. I still can't stand that he went to Cabo with Jessica Simpson during the playoffs. That's on coaching someone should have stopped him

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know plenty of people who know the guy personally and you really have no clue.
If anything, they call him somewhat shy at times, though he has grown out of that to some degree.

And you are flat out nuts about that Crayton play...at least if you are referring to the perfectly throw game-winning pass to Crayton at the end of the Giants playoff game. Crayton blew that one.

Funny how everyone that actually knows Tony Romo would NEVER say so self-centered.
I remember that Patrick Crayton play like it was yesterday. The ball hit him right in his chest. When he turned the ball hit him he wasn't even expecting it

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

That literally was game-winning play.

Maybe your definition of being self-centered and mine aren't the same.

DFWJC

Reaction score
When I say some of us knew Tony was self-centered. We spoke of it often on the old forum. That was my mistake I forgot where I was. But I'm not alone in my thoughts
But do you actually know him? or is it just forum buddies making assumptions?

DFWJC

Reaction score
I remember that Patrick Crayton play like it was yesterday. The ball is right in his chest. When he turned the ball hit him he wasn't even expecting it

probably talking about different plays

This is the play I'm referring to.
The perfectly thrown pass...for the win...against the Giants in the 2007 payoffs.
Except Crayton didn't follow through.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When receiver runs a Crossing route they usually looking back at the quarterback. Patrick wasn't doing it. So either the ball Came Upon him too quickly. Or he wasn't expecting it when he received it. That's why he didn't have time to look it in

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But do you actually know him? or is it just forum buddies making assumptions?
Forum buddies making opinions no I don't know Tony. But people from the old form do. Some of them live on the same street with Jerry Jones. No it was just gossip. But I am a profiler I can read people's eyes

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
probably talking about different plays

This is the play I'm referring to.
The perfectly thrown pass...for the win...against the Giants in the 2007 payoffs.
Except Crayton didn't follow through.

For some reason I can't play the video. But it was the game-winning drop yes. If I remember correctly he was bubbling it couldn't bring it in.

DFWJC

Reaction score
For some reason I can't play the video. But it was the game-winning drop yes. If I remember correctly he was bubbling it couldn't bring it in.
Different drop.
Crayton actually dropped a pass earlier in the game that he may've taken the distance. That's not the one I'm referring to.
This was the next to last play the game with 17 seconds. Romo goes to the endzone on perfectly thrown ball and Crayton pulled up on his route and the ball dropped a few feet in front of him.

It WAS a clutch, playoff game-winning play....then it wasn't.

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Different drop.
Crayton actually dropped a pass earlier in the game that he may've taken the distance. That's not the one I'm referring to.
This was the next to last play the game with 17 seconds. Romo goes to the endzone on perfectly throw ball and Crayton pulled up on his route and the ball dropped a few feet in front of him.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have been posting on Facebook the last couple of seasons. It was horrible. LOL I forgot how precise post need to be here because people know their football. I kind of apologize and will try to do better knowing where I am. I miss the Forum I get better information from the Cowboys Forum than I do any NFL media Network. Go Cowboys

aria

Reaction score
There are a few things Romo did that indicates he was selfish, doesn't make him a horrible person, but it's a real thing. And he said himself of a couple looking back.
I wouldn’t necessarily call it selfish but remember after the playoff loss when he said something along the lines of “oh well, worse things happen in life”. Lol.

He may have been right but what QB in their right mind says something like that to a devastated fan base after a big loss?! What an idiot, I was so po’d and still think it was dumb as hell for him to say.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I wouldn’t necessarily call it selfish but remember after the playoff loss when he said something along the lines of “oh well, worse things happen in life”. Lol.

He may have been right but what QB in their right mind says something like that to a devastated fan base after a big loss?! What an idiot, I was so po’d and still think it was dumb as hell for him to say.
I actually think Tony Romo became a better person .player after he got married and had children. I saw him become a different person. Definitely more focused. Oh well go Cowboys

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I truly don't believe Jason Hatcher was just looking for attention. There's a lot of indications that's how many in the locker room felt. But I think the entire league has this issue. I mean there's a lot of individual personalities. The camaraderie in the Cowboys locker room the last 3 Seasons has been amazing. I think it was one of the reasons why we've been winning. Camaraderie emotion. Talent you can't win without the three. Pressure up the middle would help LOL

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some think I'm bashing Romo or I hate him, not the case. I just call it like I see it. When he was on the roster there was no bias, I just chose to move on after he retired. Some can't.
I understand and respect that. My opinions on past and present people (i.e. players), entities (i.e. franchises), etc. are based on facts. Or information and concepts I like to believe are facts. :muttley:

I am in my 50's now. It has been a long road for me gaining tolerance for thoughts and comments that may not match my own. Guess it is part of some grand plan for an old country boy from northeastern Louisiana who loves the Dallas Cowboys franchise (and comic book movies! :laugh: )

Reactions: G2

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tony Romo was definitely without a doubt a self-centered individual. You don't have to talk about yourself accurate to have that be a proven fact. His actions proved it. He had BFFs. Patrick Crayton drop the football against the Giants he wasn't even looking for the football he didn't expect it. Same thing happened with Austin. You very seldom see Tony Romo with his teammates. That doesn't mean I think Tony Romo wasn't a team player because he did want to win at whatever cost. But I am a great evaluator. I can profile just about anyone. And that's my opinion of Tony and it is just that an opinion
Can you be more forthcoming in explaining how two receivers not doing their jobs validates their quarterback's self-centered personality?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Agree but when you have 2 guys saying the exact same things it gives it some credibility especially someone like Woodson. While Hatcher was probably just as selfish, there report back then too that brought this to light about Romo. Now ill say as Romo got older theres no doubt in my mind that he became a great leader for this team. But there was a time where Romo was very selfish trying to make all the plays himself, the whole going on vacation in mexico when he probably shouldve been at valley ranch going over film.

IN 2014 i think the team humbled him and took the ball out of his hands and put it in murrays. And if u go back and watch them games, it looks like Romo was the happiest in his career.

Oh, dear Lord....:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

edit: Wow, didn't realize I was so many pages behind.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I don't recall saying he was a horrible person. Keeping to yourself could be a good thing. But being self-centered he was in my opinion
I know you didn't say that. I was agreeing with you.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Can you be more forthcoming in explaining how two receivers not doing their jobs validates their quarterback's self-centered personality?
It's more than just a couple of wide receivers. It's not an easy thing to explain when someone sits by themselves in the locker room. How they focused are they shy or they just too self-centered