News: Jason Peters update from Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

coult44

Reaction score
Yeah. Based around Micah.

Who the FO tried to trade away from. LOL. If the Giants took Parsons. How smart would Jerry look right now?

This is what I mean. You are giving them credit. They deserve blame to. And that list is much longer.

I give them plenty of blame. But you can’t for things that almost happened. That’s the kind of stuff that drives the “agenda driven” arguments.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
So if we start smith at LT and he’s playing well then what do we do with peters? He’s gonna play guard? I’m a bit unsure ab everything here …..peters won’t sign to be a back up

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Do peters start if signed? And if yes, why would they wait until now?

No. At least not the first week. Jerry wants to give Tyler Smith first crack because they spent a first-round pick on him. Peters is insurance and a vet backup because our younger backups are not ready. For that matter, Smith probably isn't ready, either, but I can't blame them for wanting to see if he can handle it, since he's supposedly the long-term at the spot. I'm just concerned what the cost of doing that might be.

gimmesix

Reaction score
He will not. They'll let Smith get his shot with a viable alternative behind him. Unfortunately, this mean McGovern at guard but that could be worse.

McGovern looked better this preseason. Of course, he was mainly going against backups.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Get it done Jerry. We don't want to see Ball on the field unless we're up by 40 and Rush is playing. We rent Peter's for a year, Tyler plays LT and Ball has another year to develop.

I think Waletzko is going to develop into the left tackle backup (or possibly even a starter that allows us to slide Tyler back inside). What we saw from him was very limited, but I liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.