Recommended Jason Witten is returning to the Cowboys **merged**

817Gill

Reaction score
No. Just no, man. They didn’t show promise, unless by promise you mean the promise of being average tight ends in this league.

Great TEs are game changers in this league. Jason can keep the seat warm for another year but this team needs to go out and sign or draft a great TE.
The tight end position is one of the most diminished in the league. There are only a few top tight ends then a lot of good to average guys around the league. Most teams use multiple tight ends as few dominant 1’s exist. Not saying the position isn’t important just saying there’s a lull in talent around the league right now. Recent history suggests there won’t be more than 1 great TE in this draft.

A developed Jarwin, developing Shultz, and niche JWitt is a solid if not good tight end rotation. Obviously if you have the opportunity to go from good to great you do it, but judging by the TE talent in today’s NFL that’s not going to be easy.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
How many games of football you've played? He's kept himself in shape, that layoff won't hurt him, he's not an average human, he a highly trained athlete he'll be fine come September. You people.

Yes, Witten is a regular Adonis.
He conquers, he confounds listeners at
ESPN and then comes home --- conquering hero --- to resume an average year as a slow blocker.
Witten is unlike others. He can fight Father Time.
:rolleyes:

Bigdog

Reaction score
Can I go back to the 2000 draft and say we should have taken Tom Brady then and hire Belichick?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Romo has a secure job as an analyst. Witten did not. All three MNF announcers were probably going to be let go and the return to the Cowboys makes it look like it was Jason's choice. On the other hand if Romo did return then he and Witten could draw up more plays, according to TO.
:rolleyes:,,,:huh:,,,:muttley:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Great slow motion is back. Lol. Guess we wont get a TE this year. We need to get more athletic at the TE spot. We might have the most unathletic TE unit in the nfl.
Man,I've been telling y'all purty much since game one of '18' that our ol' #9 would've put #89 in the previous pro-bowl& more than likely be shoveling young Blake into that All-Pro category by the end of this upcoming '19' season
( tho,it's lame speculative speaking fer' it's face value of course,ya know)o_O