Twitter: Jason Witten Wants to Coach

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No! The best coaches have experience bad and good and have moved their way up. He’s as bad as JG with the platitudes. If he wants to cut his teeth elsewhere or as a low position coach, fine but “hey he’d be a good HC” is ridiculous
So how long have you coached? Law school doesn't produce many coaches.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I hope he coaches how to run a route one yard shy of the first down market or the art of getting shoe string tackles by guys 40lbs lighter than you.

Jk. Jk. Witten has been a great cowboy and player. I wish him the best in the future

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Jason Witten can go coach some High School team for a few years. It would be a good way to get himself some experience, and not at the expense of Cowboys fans.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I’m curious how many hall of famers became head coaches in the nfl ? Obviously Jason witten will be but I’m just curious to see how many there have been

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
So how long have you coached? Law school doesn't produce many coaches.

I’m not trying to coach. You’re right. Law school didn’t qualify me to coach. Witten literally spouts the same as JG and how well have we done with ex Cowboy players turned into first time coaches...Kellen Moore, Marc Colombo, Jon Kitna, Leon Lett, Carlos Polk, Andre Gurode, Phillip Tanner,..Garrett! Where has it gotten us?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m not trying to coach. You’re right. Law school didn’t qualify me to coach. Witten literally spouts the same as JG and how well have we done with ex Cowboy players turned into first time coaches...Kellen Moore, Marc Colombo, Jon Kitna, Leon Lett, Carlos Polk, Andre Gurode, Phillip Tanner,..Garrett! Where has it gotten us?
Can't argue with that. Personally I'll give Witt the benefit of the doubt.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Keep this losing culture alive and keep hiring from within......

Dallas needs to get rid of any coach that is part of the Garrett era and his mantra. Witten may very well be able to coach but it should be elsewhere IMO.

Valkyr

Reaction score
Ben Rogers and Nick Eatman both mentioned him being the head coach here next season.
giphy.gif