Jay Glazer Confident Zeke Gets Signed by Week 1

glimmerman

Reaction score
The whole 20% above the last contract if your the best thing would be fine if gurly wasn’t over paid and blew the average out. You know the rams are sorry they did that. I don’t think Elliot’s agent is wanting to bend and likely gave him bad advice. If he isn’t back this week then they may not even play him if he shows up right before the game.

If we win just fine and Pollard gets over a 100 yards then it will be interesting. Especially if he does it easily. JJ will get more and more confident. Elliot is clearly better but was to early to take this stance.

CWR

Reaction score
He has contacts in ownership and with agents. You are the one with zero information about his sources.

And he didn't bother to even hint at using any of those contacts to come to his conclusion did he? Its an opinion piece until he says otherwise.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
It’s stupid to over pay for a player that plays a very replaceable position. I rather spend 15 million in cap space on players like Chido, M.Collins, Lewis. And Draft a RB 2- 3 next year.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Sounds like JJ thinks Zeke won’t be back. I wish next Sunday would get here so we know. At this point I’m treating it like Zeke has an injury and preparing his backups. If he comes back that’s good but if he doesn’t that’s good too.

One thing's for sure; if it weren't for Pollard, Zeke's holdout would be tougher to take! Might help if EE agreed to the FO's last offer.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Can someone explain why we are at the mercy of Zeke?
Why we will end up giving this talented young man many millions over what HB make and putting a big dent in our Cap while he has still 2 years left on his contract?
In other words why does Zeke hold a GUN to our heads???

P.S. Has our inept passing attack brought us to this point?

Anyone????
Anyone????
We aren't at the mercy of Zeke. That's the whole point of Jerry being dug in to not give him a new contract this season.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
That may be true but only for players at least the same caliber of player as Zeke. All other players would be laughed out of the room. Given that Zeke is a generational talent, I don't think Jerry is too worried about setting bad precedent.

Zeke might be the best RB in the league right now but generational, please stop! Do you know the meaning of generational.

blueblood70

Reaction score
offer rescinded so calm your happy butt down
never was rescinded they are waiting for him to sign and thats that..not one fine has been levied and dont you believe the propaganda that Jerry INC is not sweating it.. behind the scenes they are worried about the unknown.. this isnt a washed up player on the decline with injury concerns like Romo, ware, or Dez..

this is a top 20 NFL player in his prime and already is on pace to be one of the best ever.. you dont get better losing guy like this..

If you dont think Stephen and Jerry arent thinking about how tight the NFCE race will be with the eagles and the rest of them smelling blood with out EE in the lineup, even losing 2 games we could have used EE could ruin the season.. its reality..

Zeke and the DC need each other neither has leverage they both want this resolved but all this public posturing has EGOs unwilling to blink, YET..

it will happen and EE will not play under his rookie deal, that I promise, not even after week 6-10.. hes either coming in under the last deal offered and very soon or hes most likely ready to not play like Bell did..

I prefer to play this year the entire 16 with Zeke then without this is about winning and losings fan the talk about contracts and business stops when the Giants come in here and then its about W-L record and Zeke for sure increases our chances to win..

even if somehow how end up 9-7 or 10-6 and scrape our way into a Playoff WC but lose to the Eagles for the division and the BYE , we are ok with that? or would you rather be 12-4 win the division , get the bye and make our season a special one?

Zeke increases our odds to do the latter..sorry its reality drop the hate and the reasoning Pollard and a RBBC can make up for zekes absence and realize how special this could be with both Zeke and Pollard..

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
never was rescinded they are waiting for him to sign and thats that..not one fine has been levied and dont you believe the propaganda that Jerry INC is not sweating it.. behind the scenes they are worried about the unknown.. this isnt a washed up player on the decline with injury concerns like Romo, ware, or Dez..

this is a top 20 NFL player in his prime and already is on pace to be one of the best ever.. you dont get better losing guy like this..

If you dont think Stephen and Jerry arent thinking about how tight the NFCE race will be with the eagles and the rest of them smelling blood with out EE in the lineup, even losing 2 games we could have used EE could ruin the season.. its reality..

Zeke and the DC need each other neither has leverage they both want this resolved but all this public posturing has EGOs unwilling to blink, YET..

it will happen and EE will not play under his rookie deal, that I promise, not even after week 6-10.. hes either coming in under the last deal offered and very soon or hes most likely ready to not play like Bell did..

I prefer to play this year the entire 16 with Zeke then without this is about winning and losings fan the talk about contracts and business stops when the Giants come in here and then its about W-L record and Zeke for sure increases our chances to win..

even if somehow how end up 9-7 or 10-6 and scrape our way into a Playoff WC but lose to the Eagles for the division and the BYE , we are ok with that? or would you rather be 12-4 win the division , get the bye and make our season a special one?

Zeke increases our odds to do the latter..sorry its reality drop the hate and the reasoning Pollard and a RBBC can make up for zekes absence and realize how special this could be with both Zeke and Pollard..
He is just making stuff up because he doesnt want Elliott back. He is just trolling

aikemirv

Reaction score
You think they would of beat Seattle in the playoffs without Zeke. I dont think so! Zeke makes your boy Daks life so much easier when defenses have to focus on stopping him. It's not just the running it's the game planning and the focus. You ask where was Zeke in the Rams game. He was drawing all the attention while Dak was going 1for 10 on 3rd downs.

Nobody acknowledges this fact. It is so lost on them. I have never seen such ignorance as this point of contention.

It is complete ignorance - I would love to see some of them discuss this with the DC's in the league. They would be laughed out of the room!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

You have gone done it. You are going to make me repeat myself. Calm your butt down!

Just like the previous 3 seasons with Zeke, having him active on the roster guarantees nothing. He's not the ticket to anywhere. The Cowboys are better off without that distraction around. He's push the Jones boys too far and will now miss the season while the Cowboys win a SB without him. Being on the, "did not report" list, he won't even get a ring. :lmao2:

Disgraced he'll probably end up being traded in the 2020 off-season and accept that trade with no new contract because he has no choice unless he wants to risk missing a second year in a row of playing football.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You have gone done it. You are going to make me repeat myself. Calm your butt down!

Just like the previous 3 seasons with Zeke, having him active on the roster guarantees nothing. He's not the ticket to anywhere. The Cowboys are better off without that distraction around. He's push the Jones boys too far and will now miss the season while the Cowboys win a SB without him. Being on the, "did not report" list, he won't even get a ring. :lmao2:

Disgraced he'll probably end up being traded in the 2020 off-season and accept that trade with no new contract because he has no choice unless he wants to risk missing a second year in a row of playing football.
MEH :rolleyes::espn:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jay is in the know. I trust what he says more than most others in his business. I am sure he has good sources on this or he wouldn't have said what he did so confidently. He seemed very sure of his statement.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Jay is in the know. I trust what he says more than most others in his business. I am sure he has good sources on this or he wouldn't have said what he did so confidently. He seemed very sure of his statement.
Stop embarrassing yourself. Zeke isn't returning for a very long time.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Stop embarrassing yourself. Zeke isn't returning for a very long time.
whoa...what crawled up your arse? Jeesh...lol...unless your the great Karnac, you have no clue...no more than any of us do. At least Glazer is in THAT business of being a insider. Wait and see.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
whoa...what crawled up your arse? Jeesh...lol...unless your the great Karnac, you have no clue...no more than any of us do. At least Glazer is in THAT business of being a insider. Wait and see.
You just keep embarrassing yourself. I know far more than Jay shorty Glazer has ever known about the Cowboys.

JeffAtl

Reaction score
Jerry will pay anything for one more Super Bowl ring, didn’t he say that? The bill is due.

In a salary cap league, you can't buy a super bowl ring. If anything, buying expensive talent rather than spreading it around makes a team less likely to get a ring.

Flamma

Reaction score
Zeke has to realize that 1) A successful debut for Pollard could make his contract situation worse, and 2) Any issue with the NFL, justified or not, will mean his playing days are done. No team will risk giving him more than what we've offered. Every summer there is something with him, I can't give him the benefit of the doubt. People generally continue to run into problems (Pacman Jones, Greg Hardy, David Irving, etc)

He's counting on one thing, that the Cowboys can't win without him. What I mean by that is, a championship. I think Dallas is a 10-6 team without him because of their defense. But I highly doubt they'll be in the running to win it all by season's end.

Someone can take his place and even do a good job. But no one we have now is going to replace him. With him I think Dallas is a 12-4 team this year. That said, I do not believe he will be there in week 1. I think Dak and maybe Cooper will get contracts first.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If he actually don’t show up and sets out then I am going to be very upset, the best looking team in a while and he don’t want to be a part of it unless he gets 20-30 million dollars up front. I don’t care what they pay him but he should honor his 4th year. You signed the contract and took the signing bonus. Finish your obligation.