Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Zeke will be in camp by Monday :thumbup:

Hopefully on his own accord and not Gurley $$$ :grin:

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Dug in, believe that!
When you say dug in, do you mean won't give zeke a nickel above the 3 million he is due this year, or dug in that they've offered him near gurley money and that's it. Take it or leave it?

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Then I don’t ever want to hear Jerry say he’s all about winning
I rarely take Jerry Jones side in anything, but your statement is just wrong. They don't have unlimited cap space. If overpaying EE prevents them from filling in the roster around him or re-signing a key current player, overpaying EE got us nowhere. Especially considering Elliott's propensity to do stupid things and risk suspension.

reddyuta

Reaction score
This is in sharp contrast to what Jerry said after the game,i fully expect Zeke to be out till week 10,Yall better get ready for that reality.

Sydla

Reaction score
This is in sharp contrast to what Jerry said after the game,i fully expect Zeke to be out till week 10,Yall better get ready for that reality.

Yeah this is looking like Dallas is fine playing without him and waiting for him to show by Week 10 and Elliott is waiting until the team scuffles and Dallas begs him to come back.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Yeah this is looking like Dallas is fine playing without him and waiting for him to show by Week 10 and Elliott is waiting until the team scuffles and Dallas begs him to come back.

Agree,I would give the edge to Zeke.If we lose one of the 3 games to open the season then Jerry will give in imo.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
I remember hearing on The Fan that he would have to show up week 9 because the Cowboys could use something to shelve him for three weeks and he wouldn’t accrue a season. Does anyone else remember hearing something like this?

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
We’ve been through this so many times, but Jerry has all the leverage here. If Zeke doesn’t show, he will be perpetually stuck under contract and his only option is to retire. He’s not a big cap but right now, and he’ll be wasting the best and most productive years of his career.

I think eventually Zeke will have had enough and will fire his agent. Any other agent would get this deal done within 24 hours. That’s how this ends.

In the meantime, fans will forget Zeke quick if we’re winning. But if somehow the Giants pull the upset next weekend, this forum will be insane.

Hoods

Reaction score
It certainly sounded like you were tooting Zeke's horn to me as if he is the only hope the Cowboys have for winning.
I don’t think he’s the only hope for winning. My point is his holding out doesn’t set precedent for other players not of his caliber. Tony Pollard would be cut if he tried what Zeke is trying now.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
When you say dug in, do you mean won't give zeke a nickel above the 3 million he is due this year, or dug in that they've offered him near gurley money and that's it. Take it or leave it?
Jerry made an offer. In response, Zeke retweeted something from Joe Thomas...

Jerry is dug in not to make another offer. I have no idea if the offer made is still good or will expire at some point in the future. My guess is, every winning game the Cowboys string together, the less Jerry will be willing to honor the offer already made. At some point, that offer will expire.

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He's wrong about this one. The scuttlebutt around the Cowboys HQ is that Jerry is dug in on letting Zeke sit out as long as he wants to.

With Pollard looking like he might be something, Jerry may want to explore that first before locking us in on Zeke. Probably some decent RB will become available on final cuts who can easily be had on Zeke's missed weekly salary checks. Having us sign a real back would be quite the shot across Zeke's bow.

Zeke has to show up for the back half of the year to accrue a season.

Zeke's leverage could evaporate very quickly. It's possible for Jerry to take his offer off the table. "I'm gonna hold out too."

Another point. Zeke was the guy for a Garrett/Linehan offense. But what about a Moore offense? Is Zeke ideal for that? Is he worth the cost? My impression of a Moore offense is that it's all about spreading the ball around. If so, do you really pay need to pay your RB in the mid teens?

It could get very interesting very quickly after final cuts. Do it, Jerry! Sign a RB!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s the only hope for winning. My point is his holding out doesn’t set precedent for other players not of his caliber. Tony Pollard would be cut if he tried what Zeke is trying now.
So LVE would be cut if he tried what Zeke is trying? Dak and Amari aren't holding out but being present doesn't seem to be getting them a contract any sooner. What if they held out?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
What is everyone's obsession with comparing Pollard to Zeke? It doesn't take a player of Zeke's caliber to keep the chains moving. We don't have to have the 30 yard jailbreaks to the end zone that we get from Zeke. We just need a guy that can consistently get us the first down on 3rd and 2. Pollard has been good on 1st and 2nd down keeping us ahead of the chains. This offense seems to be poised to be more balanced this season which will be good for a RB like Pollard that is leaner than Zeke.

I see a real split between the base offense on 1st and 2nd, and the 3rd down offense. Getting that 3rd down guy shouldn't be that hard. Let's see what RBs get pushed to the curb on final cuts. I'm hoping Jerry picks one up.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
So LVE would be cut if he tried what Zeke is trying? Dak and Amari aren't holding out but being present doesn't seem to be getting them a contract any sooner. What if they held out?

Amari is probably looking to hit free agency. He's already locked in big money in previous seasons, and gets mid teens this year. He's got all the leverage with Jerry, as Jerry will look like a fool if Amari leaves and Jerry only got a year and a half rental for a 1st round pick.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He thinks so based on ZERO actual inside knowledge of the situation. He's literally guessing with nothing to support his guess. So anything passes for journalism these days.

He has contacts in ownership and with agents. You are the one with zero information about his sources.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry made an offer. In response, Zeke retweeted something from Joe Thomas...

Jerry is dug in not to make another offer. I have no idea if the offer made is still good or will expire at some point in the future. My guess is, every winning game the Cowboys string together, the less Jerry will be willing to honor the offer already made. At some point, that offer will expire.

Can someone explain why we are at the mercy of Zeke?
Why we will end up giving this talented young man many millions over what HB make and putting a big dent in our Cap while he has still 2 years left on his contract?
In other words why does Zeke hold a GUN to our heads???

P.S. Has our inept passing attack brought us to this point?

Anyone????
Anyone????

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry Jones has been talking out of both sides of his mouth lately. One day, he's acting like he's dug in and willing to wait 'til the "dog days" of the season to get Zeke back. The very next day, he's spouting sentences exclaiming that EE will be back in tow before the Giants come to town.

A lot of empty words is about all we're getting from our stammer-tongued GM. Once again, he's happily basking in the limelight, as usual. I seriously doubt he, himself, knows what to expect and let's face it -- neither do we. The drama continues. From the looks of things, anything can happen! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

uvaballa

Reaction score
Sounds like JJ thinks Zeke won’t be back. I wish next Sunday would get here so we know. At this point I’m treating it like Zeke has an injury and preparing his backups. If he comes back that’s good but if he doesn’t that’s good too.