Jayden Daniels is better than Dak

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was really disheartening watching the Skids - Bengals last night and realizing that for first time in a generation Washington has a legit QB.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Time will tell if he is or is not better than Dak. But Jerry has once again fooled this fanbase. No one...from the front office, to the coaches, to the players have been good this season. Actually, I take that back...the Special Teams coach and players have been excellent. But the ire of this fanbase is MOSTLY on one person....Dak.

Jerry has reduced the talent on the team for 3 straight years.....that's right..3 straight years....and if you did not realize that, you have not been paying attention. Somehow we still managed to go 12 - 4 over that span....but the way we got beat over that span has not changed. And I guess the rest of the NFL caught on to how to do it. It's not even rocket science. You do not even have to throw the football. You can ram it right down our throats.

A REAL....REAL....GM should have noticed the trend and took measures to correct it. Jerry? No chance. He keeps telling you that saving cap room for the QB, the WR, Diggs, Parsons....etc...is what was needed. Not dismissing the importance of those guys and the role they played in those 12 - 4 seasons. But the real reason we failed in the postseason was our inability to run and stop the run...so Jerry basically is admitting to this fanbase that making the playoffs will be as good as it gets. Because the work to figure out which one of those "stars" to keep..and which ones to trade/let go is outside his ability to build a roster. Not keeping 1 of them would have gotten you a stud RB and interior DL help that would have made a real difference. That is the JOB of the GM. Figuring out the real reason for your regualr season success and trying to fix you postseason faiures. But that takes WORK. And Jerry and his son are too lazy to do it. It's much easier to sell the jerseys of Dak, CD, Micha, Diggs etc... I guess jersey sales trump making a real postseason run.

khiladi

Reaction score
Daniels is in year 1, game 3, but few things are certain. His release is way better and faster than slow as molasses Dak’s and he moves better and he’s hitting his WRs in stride, even with pressure in his face. The two deep throws to McLaurin were dimes and on the money.

They are running a simplified offense, but guess what, so did Linehan with Dak.

khiladi

Reaction score
In all fairness to Dak, he was a 4th round pick and was never targeted to be anything compared to a 2nd overall pick. Dak is what he was supposed to be, which isn't a QB able to take us to the promised land without a whole lot of help. WFT has stunk it up for a while, and they now can benefit from those years of futility. All we can do is watch some of these young QB's and be jealous that one plays in the same State and the other in our division
And that’s not “fairness”…. People forgot he was a 4th round QB, in a simplified offense with multiple all-pros on OL, and a 2016 13-3 record. When he got the first franchise tag, his play, particularly when playing from behind, after that first season was bad. He was treated like he was elite off that season, getting paid off other people.

Nav22

Reaction score
Daniels is in year 3, but few things are certain. His release is way better than Dak’s and he moves better and he’s hitting his WRs in stride.

Daniels is in year 3????????
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

The #2 overall pick in 2024????

The 2023 Heisman Trophy winner???

PLEASE TELL US MORE about your breakdown of his game vs Dak's!!! You sound like you know your stuff!!!

Look, you don't know football. Stop pretending you do, for your own sanity.

I'm bookmarking this and I suggest others do the same.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

khiladi

Reaction score
Daniels is in year 3????????

The #2 overall pick in 2024????

The 2023 Heisman Trophy winner???

PLEASE TELL US MORE about your breakdown of his game vs Dak's!!! You sound like you know your stuff!!!

Look, you don't know football. Stop pretending you do, for your own sanity.

I'm bookmarking this and I suggest others do the same.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
Buddy, I changed the typo way before you reposted to include more information. It’s pretty obvious what I meant. But pat yourself on the back for “this win” too. No wonder you’re impressed by Dak’s play..

DCwarrior

Reaction score
If we lose to the Giants, I am going to wear a paper bag on my head when I watch the games at home so my wife don’t know who I am.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
And that’s not “fairness”…. People forgot he was a 4th round QB, in a simplified offense with multiple all-pros on OL, and a 2016 13-3 record. When he got the first franchise tag, his play, particularly when playing from behind, after that first season was bad. He was treated like he was elite off that season, getting paid off other people.
I gather you got my sarcasm of the post, lol...

LysleE

Reaction score
I think we are comparing apples to oranges here: Jayden was the #2 overall pick in the draft while Dak was lucky to be a 4th round pick.
Dak is a servicable, system QB and has reached his plateau; Jayden appears thus far to be a legitimate franchise QB. Thought he was impressive against the Bengals throwing the ball; showing poise in the pocket and running effectively.
I am looking forward to see them play head-to-head.

phildadon86

Reaction score
That throw that he made to McClaurin that sealed the game, Dak is incapable of.

Dak wouldnt even dare make that pass
Why make up things?

Dak gives us enough ammo without having to blatantly lie to make a point.

Dak has made that throw. Numerous times.

It is absolutely astounding how when it comes to Cowboys players, fans dont want to anoint them too soon.

With other teams players. They are in the HOF after one game.

khiladi

Reaction score
I gather you got my sarcasm of the post, lol...
My bad, didn’t realize the comment about “fairness” was sarcasm, though I knew you weren’t praising Dak’s play. I thought this was your attempt at being nice to him despite the fact you know he’s not that guy.

I was like don’t even give him that. People been acting likes he’s elite since 2016….

Nav22

Reaction score
Buddy, I changed the typo way before you reposted to include more information. It’s pretty obvious what I meant. But pat yourself on the back for “this win” too. No wonder you’re impressed by Dak’s play..
Buddy, it's not obvious at all when it comes from a know-nothing, low football-IQ, Anti-Dakker like yourself. I'm surprised whenever you people know what day it is.

Still confused and befuddled as to why the MVP runner-up got paid, and why the entire NFL world praised the Cowboys for signing him?

Of course you are.

"DURRR BECUZ ITZ A MEDIA CONSPIRACY!!!"
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

khiladi

Reaction score
Why make up things?

Dak gives us enough ammo without having to blatantly lie to make a point.

Dak has made that throw. Numerous times.

It is absolutely astounding how when it comes to Cowboys players, fans dont want to anoint them too soon.

With other teams players. They are in the HOF after one game.
Many on this forum anointed Zimmer after guys game with the Browns.

Dak was declared like Brady on this forum and elite.

Parsons was declared on Lawrence Taylor levels his first year.

The Texas West Coast was declared it by Dak fanboys in training camp.

khiladi

Reaction score
Buddy, it's not obvious at all when it comes from a know-nothing, low football-IQ, Anti-Dakker like yourself. I'm surprised whenever you people know what day it is.

Still confused and befuddled as to why the MVP runner-up got paid, and why the entire NFL world praised the Cowboys for signing him?

Of course you are.

"DURRR BECUZ ITZ A MEDIA CONSPIRACY!!!"
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Because Jerry is an idiot, you know the same guy you fanboys blame for dumb personnel decisions when you want to absolve Dak for hus garbage play.

They think it was a good decision, because like Dak’s says, he’s getting paid for the brotherhood of NFL players.. they know his pay pushes the market upwards. Nobody thinks he’s the QB that deserves to be the highest paid player in the league.

And I’m pretty sure deep down, the opposition actually laughed too when Dak was paid that much, at least as far as from a competitive standpoint is concerned.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
As a rookie, sure. Dak wasn't good as a rookie.

They're running a JV offense for him, and the offense has only been good in 1 game.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
My bad, didn’t realize the comment about “fairness” was sarcasm, though I knew you weren’t praising Dak’s play. I thought this was your attempt at being nice to him despite the fact you know he’s not that guy.

I was like don’t even give him that. People been acting likes he’s elite since 2016….
So many want him to be more than he is, and that isn't realistic. Any fan of this team over the last 8 years can see this, but they choose not to. For a 4th round pick, he has been great, and on a complete team he may win his ring....on this team for what will be a decade and a half? Good lord

khiladi

Reaction score
So many want him to be more than he is, and that isn't realistic. Any fan of this team over the last 8 years can see this, but they choose not to. For a 4th round pick, he has been great, and on a complete team he may win his ring....on this team for what will be a decade and a half? Good lord
I don’t think he’d ever win a ring on a great team either, as he doesn’t have it in him to be great for a playoff run against good defenses.

He’s the ideal backup, which is what he was drafted for, which I’ve said for years. If your star QB goes down for a significant stretch, he’s the guy who can keep the team in the playoff hunt for when the starter comes back.

Mikexike

Reaction score
Dak is not bad at about 25 million a year because you can use the savings to build around him and be competitive.
at 60 million a year he’s a franchise killer,
He can careless about anything, He got the bag and won't ever need to work again.....

Common, Its year 9 and he still has problems throwing a football to a rb in the flat....and he air mails every throw outside the numbers... literally tries to get the WR killed with his throws.