Jayden Daniels is better than Dak

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yall have to stop this strawman argument

Wentz was clearly better than Dak his second year in the league and wouldve actually won MVP had he not got injured. He had 33 TDs in 13 games with Zach Ertz being his leading receiver. It took Dak until year 5 to throw for as many tds and he needed Ceedee Lamb and Amari Cooper on his team to do it
I realize you know your football, I can tell. But just say that Carson Wentz was better than Prescott. It’s just wrong. Not even close to as good as Prescott. And I’m not a big Prescott fan. You’re just letting your total disapproval of Prescott get in the way of your clear thinking.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Wentz was clearly better than Dak his second year in the league and wouldve actually won MVP had he not got injured. He had 33 TDs in 13 games with Zach Ertz being his leading receiver. It took Dak until year 5 to throw for as many tds and he needed Ceedee Lamb and Amari Cooper on his team to do it
And who continue to get better, Prescott or Wentz. I don’t care how you start. It’s longevity. It’s a long ride.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Carson Wentz was way better than Dak in 2017. Like what are we even talking about here?
It’s a long ride. It’s a career not just one season. Oh you’re just talking about one season, if that’s the case, I’ll give you that.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is not fair to say

Dak won Rookie of the year ......... lets see if he does that.

Dak's problem is, ever since the first 49'rs playoff game ........ he has trauma and freezes up in the first half of big games ...... then the rest of the team gives up ....... so even if Dak starts playing again ...... its to late.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I've been on the Jayden Daniels train for months now, but lets slow it down lol. 3 weeks of film on him and this offense now, hes had 3 weeks of Washington putting more on his plate. Lets see how the next three weeks go....eventually the league is going to make adjustments to him, the key is if and how quick he can counter those adjustments. Cardinals on a short week, Browns, Ravens coming up for him, I'm sure hes going to face some adversity in that time frame, lets see how he and his teammates react.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

Some still crowned Wentz as the type of QB who would be a long termed starter in the NFL and would be the type to win multiple Super Bowls and playoff games on the Eagles. Or whichever team that he went to next. There are still a lot of examples of the NFL media and fanbase in general crowning a QB after a few good games or one good year. Just for that QB then to not have many good seasons following that or even end up on some teams as a back up, if not out of the NFL all together.

We'll see where Daniels is after a few seasons.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
And who continue to get better, Prescott or Wentz. I don’t care how you start. It’s longevity. It’s a long ride.
I recall some proclaiming how Sam Howell was already a better QB than Dak. Every time a new QB comes into the division and has a few good games, many are eager to crown that QB as being better than Dak. Yet Howell was quickly replaced with Daniels.

Surfguy

Reaction score
All he has to do is run around the edges against Dallas and there is not a thing DAL D can do to stop him. He will gain 4 yards minimum each time before he is even touched or anyone is in the vicinity.

Last edited:

Ken

Reaction score
Much more talented and dynamic. Best of all he’s on a rookie contract. The Commanders are in a much better position than the Cowboys going forward. Congrats to Dan Quinn.
The hate for our QB is real.

Daniel's throws his first two tds of his career and this is the stuff that is posted.

Unbelievable.

Brooksey

Reaction score
I would love to see if Daniels could make our defense better. :laugh: He only threw the ball 23 times tonight. Would love to see how he does when he has to put it up 50+ times like Dak did yesterday. He may never have to put the ball up 50+ times in his entire career. Lucky he doesn’t have our defense.
Yeah because the game last night was 10-6 right? Not 38-33. Keep blaming the defense for Dak's short falls, it's funny. They both independently sucked, if you wanna blame one for the other blame Dak and the offense for the defense sucking.

Dan Quinn's "Cowboys" defense is built to rush the passer, they are front runners, try giving them a lead Dak. You have it backwards.. in a big way. Stop pouting like a child over Dak, it's nauseating

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
I do not disagree, yet here we are. This contract has destroyed this team for the next 5 years
And this is what I don't understand. This was not a championship roster; I would have been happy if they did NOT resign Dak or Lamb, or even Parsons for that matter. Trade to get more high draft choices, suck for a little bit a-la 2000-2002, and come out the other end with a top 10 QB and other building blocks for the future...with a new coach (preferably from the Shanahan tree).

But Jerry doesn't want to go through that short term pain. I would have been fine with Lance doing the Chad Hutchinson or Drew Henson or Quincy Carter role until we got our next 'real' QB.

But no. Now we're stuck with a .500 team or maybe a little better, fringe playoff team, with no upside.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is the same forum who said that Wentz would be an elite QB on the level of Mahomes for the next 10 years. Let's see what Jayden does after a few seasons. As it's common for this board and NFL fans and media in general to crown a QB after one good season.
I remember this place after RGIII and Wentz. They act like Dak never did any of this his rookie season lol.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Cowboys gained 19 yards on their first 5 carries, your cherry-picked stat.

That's 3.8 YPC.

Seahawks gained 24 yards (including a 4-yard rush TD) on their first 5 carries.

That's 4.8 YPC.

So even when you cherry-picked a segment of the game to fit your agenda, you were wrong.

"If you remove the 13-yard run" is hilarious considering the longest run ALL SEASON by a Cowboys RB is 10 yards.

You should really let this go.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
he does tend to cherry pick and he makes up stats.
for example he said Rush threw for almost 400 yards against minnesotta, where in reality he threw for 360.
he likes to exagerate. that's his schtick