Jaylon 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
At least Jaylon is out there back to back weeks, so in that regard he is dependable and while not in the Parsons category he offers solid defensive play.
Unlike D-law who cashes his checks but is not on the field. Imagine if players got paid to play per game vs guarantee money regardless if the yplay or not, all of a sudden the injuries # of games missed will be cut in half.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Wow, you really need to watch that tape again. LVE shot the gap the running back was headed to. He filled his hole of responsibility by taking on a block at the line of scrimmage. This forced the runner to turn back towards Jaylon’s gap who was unblocked and looked lost when he let the runner run right by him for a huge gain. This happened with 7:10 left in the 2nd quarter. I dare everyone to go back and look at that play and tell me Jaylon didn’t look awful on that play. Jaylon Smith is not a better linebacker than LVE. Jaylon sucks at reading plays and changing directions. Jaylon needs to be a situational pass rusher and come off the edge. He is exceptional when running straight ahead and I would like to see him used accordingly. I think Jaylon is a great athlete and the coaches need to figure out how to use him properly. What’s up with the LVE hate and the blind defense of Jaylon Smith?

It's pretty simple... What direction did LVE go on that play? What direction did Jaylon go?

LVE wasn't good, but he was better than Jaylon and he did his job on that play. Jaylon danced himself out of the lane. If Jaylon had sat down as soon as the ball was snapped he would have done a better job on that play.

He's horrible, he's been horrible and he will continue to be horrible. He does not have the mentality of a LB.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
The LB with the single digit uniform number I thought had a mediocre to less then thrilling game to be charitable . Shows up to the call after the chalk outline is on the sidewalk and takes a report .

For my $ kiss him and Jarwin goodbye after the season and go about your business with the 2022 draft with Will McClay and co. Take the cap hit move on.
He probably had one of his better games. Watching him rundown and contain Hurts was a thing of beauty. However I did witness another tackle attempt of a phantom running back in a hole, next to the hole that the real back was running through. Does he sport glasses or ????

waving monkey

Reaction score
The LB with the single digit uniform number I thought had a mediocre to less then thrilling game to be charitable . Shows up to the call after the chalk outline is on the sidewalk and takes a report .

For my $ kiss him and Jarwin goodbye after the season and go about your business with the 2022 draft with Will McClay and co. Take the cap hit move on.
what has Jarwin done to deserve cutting? He is a damn good second TE?
Jaylon maybe after the season I havent looked at his cap hit

Verdict

Reaction score
Prediction . Jaylon LVE and Jarwin have moved on by 2022. Andy Reid seems to collect ex Cowboy LB’s like baseball cards he might be interested .

It’s a shame that Jaylon’s contract probably prevents a trade to Kansas City. They might bite on Jaylon.

Loso86

Reaction score

Did you really watch the game then. Because the 9 this year has outplayed the 54 of last year. Not great but he's not being asked to do to much.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
At least Jaylon is out there back to back weeks, so in that regard he is dependable and while not in the Parsons category he offers solid defensive play.

There’s nothing solid about him hobbling around out there. He’s an albatross around the neck of this D.

exciter

Reaction score

After this season the cap hit is manageable as a June 1st cut. It’s not prior which is beyond some people’s comprehension skills!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I'm rewatching that play right now. TBH I don't know the gap numbers/letters and stuff like that but after the snap and the OL double team the dts, there's a large hole between the center and right guard. LVE tries to fill but gets blocked. The rb goes right between the right tackle and TE. Unless LVE is responsible for both gaps I don't see how that was his responsibility.

Also one thing I think hasn't been mentioned is that it looks like it was Jaylon that forced that Parson/Osa sack.
Well it wasn't on Jaylon. He was on the side of the LG.

However i seen 2 run plays where i thought Leighton was responsible on 1 and Jaylon on the other.

Jaylon gets bashed but he isn't trash or terrible. He is very serviceable and just an average LB at this point.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Wow, you really need to watch that tape again. LVE shot the gap the running back was headed to. He filled his hole of responsibility by taking on a block at the line of scrimmage. This forced the runner to turn back towards Jaylon’s gap who was unblocked and looked lost when he let the runner run right by him for a huge gain. This happened with 7:10 left in the 2nd quarter. I dare everyone to go back and look at that play and tell me Jaylon didn’t look awful on that play. Jaylon Smith is not a better linebacker than LVE. Jaylon sucks at reading plays and changing directions. Jaylon needs to be a situational pass rusher and come off the edge. He is exceptional when running straight ahead and I would like to see him used accordingly. I think Jaylon is a great athlete and the coaches need to figure out how to use him properly. What’s up with the LVE hate and the blind defense of Jaylon Smith?
Im not hating or loving on either player. Leighton isn't better than Jaylon but both are just average guys. My point is folks praise Leighton and bash Jaylon and you just did it.

Leighton got blocked and you praised him and said the runner ran past Jaylon without being blocked and that's false. Both Leighton and Jaylon got blocked but the play went to Leighton side but only blame Jaylon

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
There’s nothing solid about him hobbling around out there. He’s an albatross around the neck of this D.
Hobbling or not he didn't allow Hurts to run all over the defense. Multiple times Jaylon pushed Hurts out of bounds before a huge gain.

NotForLong

Reaction score

giphy.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.