Twitter: Jaylon can do the job

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Lol..you really think he made only 5-6 plays out of 300? You have to be on drugs to think like that, I assume Strum didn't look at every defensive play on the season...lol

I may have exaggerated just a bit..... maybe it was closer to 10 or 15.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Again you missed his entire point...lol
Of course that's half the zone.
He didn't say he was great, or that he was good in 2020, what he pointed out, is that he's CAPABLE of making plays.

Well, I'm capable of not missing the toilet when I take a leak in the middle of the night but yet reality dictates that I have a 50% accuracy rate.....

Gaede

Reaction score
Well, like it or not, the guy will likely be in the starting lineup next fall. We simply can't replace everybody, and a starter who doesn't get hurt will probably end up on the field.

Like the rest of you, I don't think he's good. We all know he's not turned out like we wanted. But the amount of hate he gets is definitely overboard. LVE is even more unreliable and doesn't get anywhere near the vitriol.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The fact is Smith is coming off the worst season of his once-promising NFL career, his career arc having gone from miraculous football comeback to Pro Bowler to questionable starter to unjustifiably arrogant backup-caliber linebacker in the span of only four seasons is more than enough reason for Dallas to move on from Jaylon.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Again you missed his entire point...lol
Of course that's half the zone.
He didn't say he was great, or that he was good in 2020, what he pointed out, is that he's CAPABLE of making plays.
So once in a while he makes a play? Oh wow!!!

That deserves a thread and another pathetic dent to your already laughable reputation as a blind homer.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Jaylon can absolutely do A job.
He can't do the job he was asked to last year.
He shouldn't play over 90% of the defensive snaps and he shouldn't have to learn a new defense, while calling it behind a DT he just met the week before.
He shouldn't have 3 different LB and 3 different SS start next to him.

But Jaylon is like the 4th best defensive player you have. Fans hung up on replacing him are hilariously bad at life.
Try making Jaylon your 7th best defender and all will be well.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
“Either way, the deal is just starting and runs from 2021-25. But only $19 million of that money was guaranteed and Smith has been given half of it, so there is actually a scenario in which the Cowboys could already walk away if they wanted. His 2021 cap number is $9.8 million, but he has only a $9.4 guarantee remaining; if the Cowboys designate him a June 1st release, the team would actually only owe him $2.4 million against the 2021 cap and would actually save $7.2 million for the year. He does have a clause that this must be done by the fifth day of the league year (usually mid-March) or his deal guarantees for the year, so they should probably have serious discussions posthaste. It would certainly seem incredibly odd to release a player before his contract technically begins, but it would also be odd to keep someone only because you apparently made a mistake.”

Last edited: