News: Jaylon Smith a cornerstone?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Just cause you want it to be true don't make it so. But hey it's his toy and if Jaylon is his favorite action figure at the moment then he will keep playing with it. The team will continue to suck but what can you do.

Sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
Smith gets KILLED, but if you release him, you better find the Derrick Brooks/Ed Reed Hybrid to replace him with. In THIS defense, you see him "suck" so much because he has has far too much responsibility. Most LBs that get lined up in man against WR as often as he does are gonna look terrible.

Aven8

Reaction score
The writer is incorrect, it’s not about the money. Jaylon could be paid $68 per game and I would want him out of here. He can’t play football.

Zeke and Dlaw might have high contracts too, but at least they can actually play football.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tied for 3rd in tackles.....tied for 4th in assisted tackles. That is in the entire NFL.

Last 2 games Jaylon has looked really good. I think a lot of fans are going to have to ignore another probowl appearance to justify their hate.
The fact that this post hasn't been liked by anyone else gives me hope for this forum.
You can throw out any stat you want.. Jaylon is an embarrassment on the football field.
If he were on the Patriots, he'd be cut in a heartbeat. Lucky for Jaylon, Jerry would never cut his business partner.

Last edited:

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Smith gets KILLED, but if you release him, you better find the Derrick Brooks/Ed Reed Hybrid to replace him with. In THIS defense, you see him "suck" so much because he has has far too much responsibility. Most LBs that get lined up in man against WR as often as he does are gonna look terrible.
How many times, in reality, has Jaylon lined up man-on-man with a WR this year? Come on now. Don't let that be your basis of telling us he isn't that bad.

Jaylon routinely gets embarrassed by tight ends and running backs (who, athletically, Jaylon should match up really well with). He's hardly, if ever, guarding WRs.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Shouldve got Myles Jack like a sane front office would have. Was never a fan but he won me over in 2018. Then he's gone back to the prospect I never was impressed with.

Big_D

Reaction score
The fact that this post hasn't been liked by anyone else gives me hope for this forum.
You can throw out any stat you want.. Jaylon is an embarrassment on the football field.
If he were on the Patriots, he'd be cut in a heartbeat. Luckily, Jerry would never cut his business partner.

CEV

Big_D

Reaction score
How many times, in reality, has Jaylon lined up man-on-man with a WR this year? Come on now. Don't let that be your basis of telling us he isn't that bad.

Jaylon routinely gets embarrassed by tight ends and running backs (who, athletically, Jaylon should match up really well with). He's hardly, if ever, guarding WRs.

And it’s not like he’s just a liability in the passing game!

Big_D

Reaction score
Shouldve got Myles Jack like a sane front office would have. Was never a fan but he won me over in 2018. Then he's gone back to the prospect I never was impressed with.

coming off that injury? 34th pick.. a gazillion needs??? lol Only this front office!! That pick was truly ridiculous.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I hate to break it to you buddy, but you are as bad as Jerry. Jaylon has NOT been playing REALLY GOOD. The guy is downright terrible.

Leading the league in tackles 7 yards downfield is nothing to be proud of. linebackers typically lead their team in tackles. The problem for Jaylon is they aren't behind or close enough to the line of scrimmage to make a difference. The fact he leads the NFL in "assisted tackles" should tell you something.

LOL..........Pro bowl? Please tell me you are joking. There is NO chance he makes the pro bowl this year. Ill bet anything you want on it.

NO joke..........if you think Jaylon is a good linebacker then you really don't understand football, defense, or what a true linebacker is supposed to do.

It was a complete shocker he ever made the pro bowl at all in his career. Had to have been a replacement award.
I hate to break it to you.....Jaylon is 3 in tackles in the entire NFL. I stated a fact....you wrote a paragraph lol.

blueblood70

Reaction score
been discussed this is late to the party thread and if you believe what any coach, GM, Owner or FO official says in public, you get the Gullible fan award..lots are sharing that award with OVER reactions to statements made by DC FO and coaches of late..

they are encouraging INDIRECTLY their players, they wont rip player, ESPECIALLY ONE THAT JUST GOT PAID , ALREADY IN A DOWN SEASON WITH CHAOS ALL AROUND, THEY SIMPLY ARE "SAYING THE RIGHT THING"