News: Jaylon Smith a cornerstone?

Cowboyny

Reaction score

I think Jaylon is becoming the next Roy Williams (S). Jerry gets too close with his players, always has. This makes it difficult to run their business. Great story how Jaylon was able to work his way back from a career threating injury, but he just isn't a productive player for this team. Hopefully, Stephen and the coaching staff get through to Jerry that Jaylon needs to be replaced.

John813

Reaction score
I think Jaylon is becoming the next Roy Williams (S). Jerry gets too close with his players, always has. This makes it difficult to run their business. Great story how Jaylon was able to work his way back from a career threating injury, but he just isn't a productive player for this team. Hopefully, Stephen and the coaching staff get through to Jerry that Jaylon needs to be replaced.

I hear ya but at least Roy Williams had a legit peak where he looked like a top 3/5 player at his position.

Jaylon Smith is Kiko Alonso without the turnovers

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Yes, says that the Dallas DL sucks and ball carriers are easily making it to the second level where a guy like Smith can rack up personal stats.[/QUOT
So the DL is not keeping him clean? He would lead the NFL in tackles if the DL did their job

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Jaylon can be good as long as he has Lee or LVE out there covering for him. That’s why we need to draft another good LB maybe in round 1 in April. Lee may be gone and you can’t count on him or LVE staying healthy.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Hold so what he does on the field doesnt tell any of his story?
You said that the stats tell a lot of the story. I disagree because so many of those tackles are beyond 5 yards down field. If he was killing it with TFLs I would agree with you but they aren't. He blows assignments, takes bad angles, has terrible lateral agility, is afraid of taking on blocks, gets burned in coverage regularly, and acts silly when he finally makes a play. It all adds up to him being disliked by a lot of fans. I'm over his feel good story.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
You said that the stats tell a lot of the story. I disagree because so many of those tackles are beyond 5 yards down field. If he was killing it with TFLs I would agree with you but they aren't. He blows assignments, takes bad angles, has terrible lateral agility, is afraid of taking on blocks, gets burned in coverage regularly, and acts silly when he finally makes a play. It all adds up to him being disliked by a lot of fans. I'm over his feel good story.
You can say he got burned a couple times but what about the 3 times he didn't. Oh he has bad lateral agility but he is 3rd in the NFL in tackles. You're in your feelings because I stated a fact...I didn't curse you out or insult you. Being 3rd in the NFL in tackles despite terrible DL play is pretty good. Just because you don't like parts of his game doesn't mean that this fact is not a big part of his story.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Here's a picture of a LB that is a cornerstone...
Fred-Warner-San-Francisco-49ers-768x432.png

75boyz

Reaction score
Yet another example of stats not telling the whole story.

There are those extreme groups here of so called statistical number analysts.

They will swear up and down on fantasy football box score numbers and try to convince you of their analytics expertise.

When challenged by like minded fans of superior intellect it is often quite funny to read their responses of trying to explain away their errors.

The QB stats "Analytics Imposters" are hysterical. I can give almost every pat answer coach speak sounding denial of their funny little numbers game addiction responses when called out on their errors.

Entertaining and funny but not in an overall sense.

In the big picture it don't win games but it sells coach Jerry's jerseys.

That's what ultimately counts round here, not wins.

streetcredit

Reaction score
You can say he got burned a couple times but what about the 3 times he didn't. Oh he has bad lateral agility but he is 3rd in the NFL in tackles. You're in your feelings because I stated a fact...I didn't curse you out or insult you. Being 3rd in the NFL in tackles despite terrible DL play is pretty good. Just because you don't like parts of his game doesn't mean that this fact is not a big part of his story.

Dude, watch the game....he sucks, probably the least aggressive lb in the league....avoids contact

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
In my feelings? I watch the games. I focus on him quite a bit during games because I don't like false narratives. The narrative on Jaylon Smith being a JAG is not a false one.

jjktkk

Reaction score
What makes Jerry a bad GM is his bad habit of becoming too attached, emotionally to his players. Case in point, Jaylon. Jaylon's ability to carve out a NFL career after his horrific knee injury at Notre Dame is commendable, but I bet also the very reason Jerry won't cut/waive him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I hate to break it to you.....Jaylon is 3 in tackles in the entire NFL. I stated a fact....you wrote a paragraph lol.

Well......to be fair you were using the stat to stick up and defend him. You even went so far as to say that he would win another pro bowl and that he was playing GREAT of late.

Leading the league in tackles 7 yards deep means little. Its not like leading in sacks now is it? Its rather where those tackles are being made. With Jaylon he reacts slowly and hangs out until the action usually comes to him. OR he just goes in the wrong direction completely or gets washed out of the play as the RB runs right by.

What so.....he trots on down the field and jumps in when the safety cant get him down?

Last edited: