Jaylon Smith nerve countdown

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The only reason anyone is down on the Jaylon pick is because he has no timetable for returning, and there were a lot of people saying there was a chance he'd never play again.

It's not crazy that people question the pick.

I guess there's a confusion on part. I thought it wasn't matter of "if" but a matter of "when" in regards to his nerves.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
My dude? We both have our sources. We will just wait and see.

The UCLA surgeon 'fully cleared' Jack last March yet he didn't participate in any draft activity. the ones that matter are the Jaguars doctors and they have said nothing.

And it's all about the prognosis. You do understand that degenerative means that it worsens over time right? Jack's nerve either comes back or it doesn't. If it does then he is fully recovered. Jack has no chance of that whatsoever because the meniscus does not regenerate and once the supporting structure of the knee deteriorates it exacerbates the issue leading to a tendency for worsening of the injury.

I acknowledge the synapse to the muscle could be problematic. It makes Jack a significant boom or bust but I will take that over the guy who will decline right out the gate. I'm glad that my preference amuses you. I think it humorous that you see fit to conflate the two issues. I see them as as distinct as injuries get.

I don't even know what point you're trying to make. I just said both guys have red flags.

I don't care or mind what your preference is, I care that you're spreading false news about one guy to prop up another guy.

The choice has been made by both teams, now we wait and see. I have far more invested in Jaylon's foot than Myles' knee.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I hear this more often than not from fans. It is common knowledge that teams work on every possible scenario leading up to their pick. Yes they might be a little surprised that a certain team took a certain player at a certain pick, but they have worked on every scenario of their player not being there or a player dropping to them.

Especially when you consider we had a whole day to go over 3 possible scenarios with the 3rd pick in the second round. It may have been their 3rd scenario but there was never any panic involved in the decision. They may have contemplated moving down and taking him but it was always premeditated.

Reactions: BAT

Knotamus

Reaction score
I guess there's a confusion on part. I thought it wasn't matter of "if" but a matter of "when" in regards to his nerves.

Everything I've read is.. He's knee structurally is already healed and ready to go.. Just waiting on the nerve to rejuvenate. The question was whether it would or not? But it's already been confirmed by the team, Jaylon, and his doctor that the nerve is already starting to rejuvenate.. So it's just a matter of how long? That's the 'when' part.. Not the 'if' part

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score

Honestly, I'm not sure. There are people that don't recover or that do regain some control but not full control. I've heard optimism around Jaylon's case, so maybe it is more of a "when".

Knotamus

Reaction score
Especially when you consider we had a whole day to go over 3 possible scenarios with the 3rd pick in the second round. It may have been their 3rd scenario but there was never any panic involved in the decision. They may have contemplated moving down and taking him but it was always premeditated.

The team already confirmed they wanted Ogbah and would have settled with Dodd.. But both were gone. Then the price was too high to trade up for Lynch. The Cowboys was looking for Qaulity type players.. Only time will tell I guess, but they didn't see anybody better than Jaylon as thier fourth option and was willing to wait on the census top LB in this draft pre-injury. They also knew they had a year to allow him to heal if need be since they have Rolando...you know, the guy they'd love to replace, but just can't find his replacement. They have that guy now.

visionary

Reaction score
What are you even talking about? I have made it very clear that my specialty is not medicine and have never once claimed to be a doctor. Quite the contrary as I quickly correct anyone that mistakes me.

That does not preclude me from bringing up factual information on nerve injuries. You aren't even a doctor so I am confused why you are getting up in arms anyway. You are much more presumptuous in doing so than I.

Anyway, Brady Poppinga was talking about Jack on his radio show and said that he was going to be limited in practice. It is what it is.

Thanx for making my point

You have "had to correct people" exactly because you offer your opinion as that of someone competent to offer it (with your usual self important bluster) when nothing could be further from the truth than that

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
This country was built on people taking risks and Jerry Jones didn't make his money by being conservative. I think it was worth the risk to get a potential star.

You mitigate risk. This country was built by hard working people that knew how to play probabilities. Not gamblers ignoring high risk in a boom or bust scenario.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You mitigate risk. This country was built by hard working people that knew how to play probabilities. Not gamblers ignoring high risk in a boom or bust scenario.

The most successful gamblers do mitigate risk. They know how to play probability and they don't ignore high risk in a boom or bust scenario. They play the long game, Jerry Jones is just such a gambler. He wasn't looking for the instant payoff when he drafted Jaylon. Jaylon is an investment in the future... a future we can't quite see yet but Jerry clearly has a vision for.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
You don't know if he would have been top 3. Guys climb and fall due to the combine. The combine is to minimize risk. You just don't know what measurables Jaylon would have put up.

Most "analysts" and most gms said w out combine kid was so talented he shoulda went top 3-5

Romonater

Reaction score
This is going to be a hilarious thread 3 years from now , and it's going to be hilarious to see people do a 180 on this pick and JJ.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Maybe we should start a "Jaylon Smith Nerve Regeneration Countdown Clock".....

The process will be complete in: http://i636.***BLOCKED***/albums/uu87/jdjohnston1960/global-countdown-demonstration.gifhttp://i636.***BLOCKED***/albums/uu87/jdjohnston1960/LdYUmuk.gif

Last edited:

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Maybe we should start a "Jaylon Smith Nerve Regeneration Countdown Clock".....

The process will be complete in: http://i636.***BLOCKED***/albums/uu87/jdjohnston1960/global-countdown-demonstration.gifhttp://i636.***BLOCKED***/albums/uu87/jdjohnston1960/LdYUmuk.gif

Silver you have outdone yourself. LMAO!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

If it was a matter of "when" I believe someone would have taken him in the first round. It's the matter "if' that had him fall to the 2nd round.