Jaylon Smith nerve regenerating

tyke1doe

Reaction score
960f51d4468b47c005f93c776687387c.gif

Dang!!!

gmoney112

Reaction score
"I'll be convinced when he starts practicing without the brace".

Are the words I got from a pretty good source. What a party pooper, but probably accurate. Still, good news

Wood

Reaction score
Jaylon adds whole new dimension to his fascinating case study. He believes he can play at elite level with ankle foot orthosis (AFO) device on. So lets dive into this more. We should also factor in Jaylon is extremely positive person and anyone who follows him on twitter already know this.

The Device:
Wearing AFO device during NFL game would not be unprecedented. On Talkin Cowboys - Mickey mentioned another player in NFL currently is wearing one.

Why the Device:
The reason Jaylon wears this device is for foot drop. I heard nothing in his interview or from anyone else that foot drop has been resolved. I do believe the second his foot drop resolves it will be plastered on twitter by Jaylon. Now if he feels he can play at high level with device that is something I would need to see to believe. I can understand running straight line 4.5 forty but it would be remarkable for elite lateral quickness and explosiveness with foot drop in my opinion.

Nerve Regeneration:
This is word we keep hearing and its nothing new in this case. He has been feeling effects of nerve regeneration for months now. Increase sensitivity was reported atleast 4 months ago. It takes time and good news is nerve regeneration is continuing.

Summarize:
Nerve regeneration is difficult to predict. That's why its usually given lengthy recovery period. I am still optimistic but cautious about Jaylon returning to elite player until I see device come off. The good news is Dallas will have all information they need before draft. By April Jaylon will be at max period Dr. Cooper identified for recovery.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
If all of that is accurate, then you're absolutely right. It became a risk/reward decision and the staff erred on the side of caution. Sounding like we'll get a good look at his talent in a few months.
I wonder if we'll see him on the field pregame making some moves, put on a show for the cameras.

windjc

Reaction score
Not much of a guess when Smith's surgeon is the Cowboys team doctor, and he said he believed the nerve would regenerate and Jaylon would more than likely be back to normal at some point.
But butbut butbutbtubtubtubtubtubtubtubtubtbtbut but but I have heard 47 different posters on this very forum say otherwise. What gives? I'm confused.

windjc

Reaction score
No truer words have ever been spoken by you.
Ah yes, the main pseudo-expert himself popping in with a snide comment. We all know when Jaylon is suited up and playing next year you'll probably be on the Giants message board where you really belong.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
zoners sure are a negative bunch for our team being 13-3 and 1seed in playoffs.

crazy. you would think there would be a lot less tension around these parts. people throwing snide comments left and right, people making false assumptions about zoners, people calling on the worst super hero with the worst super hero name ever in straw man etc. etc.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
His mental state/attitude seems more than good from what I've been able to tell. I'm least worried about what's between his ears. Want to see his speed and cutting ability return.

I was referring to his mental state regarding trusting his knee again to make all the cuts.

VACowboy

Reaction score
He seems like a better Sam. I think we still need a true Mike.

I think he'd be perfect as that pass-rushing SAM Denver had Miller playing early in his career.

If Cunningham is there at #32 he has to be the pick. I imagine he'll be long gone, though.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I was referring to his mental state regarding trusting his knee again to make all the cuts.
I understood what you were saying, I was just replying that he seems totally confident and seems to have a great attitude toward his recovery and abilities. I'm not at all worried about him trusting (or not trusting) his knee. He's already saying that he thinks he can play at a high ability now. That doesn't strike me as someone who lacks trust in his recovery. That said, I think you're right in the sense that one truly never knows until they actually go out and do it.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I wonder if we'll see him on the field pregame making some moves, put on a show for the cameras.
I really doubt you'll see that. The training staff is controlling his every move right now. From what he, himself, is saying though, I don't doubt that he could do that and would want to do that, but he won't, IMO.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
I think he'd be perfect as that pass-rushing SAM Denver had Miller playing early in his career.

If Cunningham is there at #32 he has to be the pick. I imagine he'll be long gone, though.

Exactly. He's a pass rushing monster. He can be a 6-8 sack guy used in that role. In fact he's too big and fast to not use him that way.

Sepia

Reaction score
I could give or take Fisher but that was a nice read for this snowy/cold/miserable Friday. Thanks for sharing my man!

I'm a lady, but you're welcome! :thumbup:

The more I read about Jaylon and his character, work ethic, and leadership, he sounds like he will have the Dak role for the defense. He and Sean Lee will do great things together.