Jaylon Smith nerve regenerating

Reaction score
gregory is done in the nfl. i dont see how missing basically 2016+2017 and possibly seeing the field till august 2018 will do him any good. ur almost talking about 3 years with 2 games played within that time.

i hope im wrong but this could lead gregory to regress in whatever progress hes made.

The next suspension would be the permanent kind, right? IIRC the fourth time they can just ban the player, not sure many teams want to count on him for anything more than depth at this point, if that.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Jaylon will be the mike in the nickel if there is a such thing. In the 4-3 he's a slb. He can't take the pounding of a MLB. Go watch his film and not highlight videos.

I have and he played both ILB and OLB at ND. At SAM he needs to get better at taking on blocks. He does have 33" arms which is long enough but he needs to get better at stack and shed.

I have no idea what you mean by 'cannot take the pounding' It's not like he was always nicked up. On his injury, he planted funny and the knee buckled. Then he got pushed causing him to step off of it briefly which stretched the nerve for half a sec.

Further all college LB struggle to take on blocks. Occasionally you get a thumper that doesn't like McClain and Ragland but they are few and far between with the ones that can run, McClain, being unicorns that go at the top of the draft.

Personally I think he can play all 3 positions. I do like him at SAM and moving him inside on the nickel but I think where he plays will be just as much about Hitchens and Wilson. Only two of the three will start with General Lee.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I think Lee is playing at more than a somewhat elite level. When he isnt out there, more bad things seem to happen.

Gachkar and Wilson played well in his stead this past game. The issues we had were Sanchez turning the ball over and making people wish for the return of Cassell.

Tristan

Reaction score
I don't believe he got $5MM. The $5MM was if he never played again. He got $700M for slipping out of the first round and was taken with the top pick in the 2nd round. Every spot in the 2nd he slipped, he would get another $100M. So he ended up getting $900M.
Pesos?

lostar2009

Reaction score
Well we all knew it would be a miracle if this guy plays this season. But give it to JJ for guessing right on this guys knee. Hopefully next year this guy hype will equate to performance on the football field.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
A 2nd round pick is free now... Ive heard it all

Well our 4th round pick should have been a 1st round pick too, and our 6th round pick I'd say fair to say Brown should have been maybe a 2nd rounder so if Jaylon is ever able to get on the field and be anything the 2016 draft with Zeke, Dak, Smith and Brown will be legendary. That's not even including Tapper and Collins.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
We desperately need pass rush. Put some duct tape on Tapper and throw him out there.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Well our 4th round pick should have been a 1st round pick too, and our 6th round pick I'd say fair to say Brown should have been maybe a 2nd rounder so if Jaylon is ever able to get on the field and be anything the 2016 draft with Zeke, Dak, Smith and Brown will be legendary. That's not even including Tapper and Collins.

Especially if the Cowboys win the Super Bowl this year.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Well we all knew it would be a miracle if this guy plays this season. But give it to JJ for guessing right on this guys knee. Hopefully next year this guy hype will equate to performance on the football field.

Not much of a guess when Smith's surgeon is the Cowboys team doctor, and he said he believed the nerve would regenerate and Jaylon would more than likely be back to normal at some point.