Video: Jaylon Smith running, stopping & cutting video

McKDaddy

Reaction score
And this person is from ESPN or BR or any other regular sports site? Or is a former NFL coach maybe? Former NFL player maybe? I said show me someone like that who supports your BS. And you have nothing.
you realize that most media isn't going to call someone a gimp publicly, right? just because they won't say it doesn't mean they don't know it.

Sydla

Reaction score
I am generally curious to see how Quinn tries to meld all these guys together - Parsons, LVE, Smith, Cox. A lot could depend on Cox. If he can play, Smith's remaining time here is probably not very long.

Jerry hates to give up on guys especially ones he's emotionally invested in. Smith seems like one of those guys. But if Parsons and Cox can play and they can somehow get LVE under a decent extension, Smith is a goner. Even Jerry will understand it at that point.

Sydla

Reaction score
It was a feel-good story there for a bit.

Then came the swiping idiocy, his completely premature contract extension and then finally his "watch the tape" arrogance.

I dislike him immensely. Almost to the point of wishing he fails hard, just so we can get rid of him.

In fairness, it's not like he held out or was squawking for a new deal like Elliott, for example. So I can't hold the contract against him in the sense that it's a reason to hate him.

That was another classic Jerry move, overvaluing a guy and thinking he was getting ahead of the contract like he did with Crawford.

Mannix

Reaction score
-------His play warrants critique but what really rubs me the wrong way has been his obvious obliviousness to how bad he is. He has always had a "legend in his own mind" mentality...from the swiping, to the celebrating after making a tackle 10 yards down the field. That's what I hate. I can deal with a guy trying his hardest to get over an injury and maybe be a backup type guy. Everyone likes a good story but this guy has ruined all likeability because of his delusions of grandeur.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Early candidate for Post of the Month

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
isn't the whole idea of this video to show that he can cut side to side, and not just run upfield? Guess the optimist will think his health is encouraging....of course have to see his game before any assumption or excitement
I think he's worried about getting hurt and that is keeping him from attacking. Just sayin. Avoidance seems to be his MO. This is his last year to put up, otherwise your outta here buddy.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And this person is from ESPN or BR or any other regular sports site? Or is a former NFL coach maybe? Former NFL player maybe? I said show me someone like that who supports your BS. And you have nothing.
"Frankly my dear...I don't give a (darn)..." what your precious "experts" say.

You have a couple problems here...reading comprehension? Or is it just your "protect Jaylon" agenda?

I asked ...YOU. Do you always follow the sheep? You can't form an opinion on your own you have to be told what to think and say?

I asked you very simply and straight forward. What do YOU see?

2ndly...I specifically said let's not waste time with this guys review...or even credentials....I am just using the video only. You can even turn the sound off if you wish.

So either you see Jaylon's odd gait and steps...or you don't. Your own opinion...not what people tell you to think. I am guessing not...since you are putting up such a hub bub. That's fine...you can ignore what your own eyes see. No problem.

With all due respect of course.

The Dallas1575

Reaction score
Not a huge fan of Smith for good reason, but I like seeing him recognize his weakness and work on it.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Jaylon is such a flash point here and it is truly sad.
He's a solid LB but paid like a great one.
He's graded more harshly than any player on the team by fans.
He has low situational IQ and his celebrations and other things drive fans crazy but that's also just a case of fans being emotional and child-like.
If you could draw up a system that is least effective for Jaylon it would be last year's. A 245 pound MLB with limited aglity is being asked to read and react all while changing positions week 3.
That was goofy.
Jaylon is good going forward and decent going back. He can flat run with TEs and he does a decent job of eating space in zones.
But he can't run with 3rd down backs or elite speed RBs and he can't play sideline to sideline.
He's not a guy who needs to have 3 different keys on a play because his change of direction is trash.

But there are LBs getting plenty of love that are WORSE. Including every other LB on this team last season.

terra

Reaction score
"Frankly my dear...I don't give a (darn)..." what your precious "experts" say.

You have a couple problems here...reading comprehension? Or is it just your "protect Jaylon" agenda?

I asked ...YOU. Do you always follow the sheep? You can't form an opinion on your own you have to be told what to think and say?

I asked you very simply and straight forward. What do YOU see?

2ndly...I specifically said let's not waste time with this guys review...or even credentials....I am just using the video only. You can even turn the sound off if you wish.

So either you see Jaylon's odd gait and steps...or you don't. Your own opinion...not what people tell you to think. I am guessing not...since you are putting up such a hub bub. That's fine...you can ignore what your own eyes see. No problem.

With all due respect of course.
Frankly I say your claim is full of crap. I keep asking you to produce real proof. you keep either dodging or failing. Calling everyone that disagrees with you a Jaylon lover is just an indication of immaturity. You act like a 13 year old in his mothers basement trying to act big and bad.

Once again

Show a real NFL authority that agrees with you.

Guess what?

There are none.

Praxit

Reaction score
..good to see him working it. I feel bad for the guy, gets lots of bad rap. Hopefully, Quinn makes the best of him.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Dude gets blown up by practice dummies yet he is our starting LB. Jerry has this franchise at an all time clown show level.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
In fairness it would be very hard to play LB in the NFL when you drag one of your legs along behind you the whole time.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Frankly I say your claim is full of crap. I keep asking you to produce real proof. you keep either dodging or failing. Calling everyone that disagrees with you a Jaylon lover is just an indication of immaturity. You act like a 13 year old in his mothers basement trying to act big and bad.

Once again

Guess what?

There are none.

Why do you need someone to tell you what to think? What...you want Jerry to tell ya he's gimp? We spend 99% of our time ridiculing "expert" opinions here...and NOW suddenly you demand them.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I was disappointed in Jaylon play last season, at this points it falls to him to get it turned around and play better. Unlike some I look at a new season as a new start what happened last season can't be changed, only thing a player and this team can control is what they do now.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Once again

Guess what?

There are none.
By the way..."real proof".....is right there in front of you. I am not sure if this is worth doing yet again...you don't seem to give a dang about what's right in front of your face.....but here goes nothing....

@ 0:36...tell me with a straight face nothing is wrong. He jumps in the air and refuses to land on the leg.
@ 1:08 he stumbles in coverage because he doesn't want to / can't plant properly.
@ 1:17 he is gimping
These aren't "normal" movements by a pro athlete.

If you refuse to see it for yourself...well okay fine.

This isn't to say he's not good...in fact he's pretty amazing for being maimed.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was disappointed in Jaylon play last season, at this points it falls to him to get it turned around and play better. Unlike some I look at a new season as a new start what happened last season can't be changed, only thing a player and this team can control is what they do now.

It's a full and total reset for me. 2020 just doesn't exist in my world. :cool:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It's a full and total reset for me. 2020 just doesn't exist in my world. :cool:

2020 was poor all the way around, a guy like Jaylon can sit around and pout about it or he can use the offseason to put in the time, effort and work to improve. I hope he does, I'm more concerned with him showing the improvement and helping this team than I am about holding a grudge.