Video: Jaylon Smith running, stopping & cutting video

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Still pulling for this kid to make a lot of CZ fans on here eat crow this upcoming season.

Jaylon will finish top 5 in tackles once again, will play every game for the Cowboys and will make the pro bowl this season.

Pretty much do all the things Sean Lee fragile *** couldn't do on a consistent basis for the Cowboys.
Comparing a 26 year old young snot nose to a 2x 36 year old veteran Pro-Bowler is absolutely hideous. I betcha you nor Jaylon's bodies would last 14 years playing football, TOGETHER. "fragile" :lmao2:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He's one of, or should be one of, the "prove it this year" players on the Cowboys. Of course cap hits, etc. come into play, and you'd like to be able to trade him rather than outright release him.

But at some point you have to make the hard decisions. Evidently he's a great guy, good teammate, etc. But Romo put it perfectly - the NFL is a meritocracy, do it or you're outta here...
This was another Marinelli mistake and needs to be corrected. Guy has done nothing. No more projects please.

stiletto

Reaction score
His play warrants critique but what really rubs me the wrong way has been his obvious obliviousness to how bad he is. He has always had a "legend in his own mind" mentality...from the swiping, to the celebrating after making a tackle 10 yards down the field. That's what I hate. I can deal with a guy trying his hardest to get over an injury and maybe be a backup type guy. Everyone likes a good story but this guy has ruined all likeability because of his delusions of grandeur.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Big Whoop! Thankfully, if Jaylon's performance doesn't improve this year then Dallas can get out from under the contract in 2022 w/relative ease.

There will be just $6.8 million in dead money left, giving the Cowboys about $5 million cap savings if Smith is released. Please let/make it happen Jerry!
I like how you assume Jerry would let him go lol....even If he played poorly....I don't see it.

ESisback

Reaction score
Quinn will use Jaylon Smith’s best attributes to fill in the cracks not covered by LVE, Parsons, Neal, Cox, Gifford, etc. A better DL will help. The D was 23rd overall in 2020. I’d wager 15-10 in 2021, Higher in 2022.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Running, stopping, and cutting wasn't Jaylons problem last season. His problem is he just can't cover well. Dan Quinn has a plan to fix that. It's called benching Jaylon when the D is in the Nickel formation.

he can tackle though.

not a problem there.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Hopefully, he plays well this season since that should lead to an improved defense, but if he doesn't, at least Dallas has more options this year.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
pe

People see what they WANT to see.

I notice NONE of this so called gimpy crap is ever spoken of outside of this forum. Not ESPN, anywhere else have I ever read anything like that. ONLY HERE.
Are you seriously going to tell me..that at about 1:33...that is a NORMAL step? That you see NOTHING funky?

at 2:08 he is not pursuing just jogging.

at 3:16...the narrator says that is a coverage problem. I say Jaylon does not want to commit to planting that foot.

If these examples aren't good enough for you...I will see if I can find one of my earlier posts that had better views.

BTW...let's not get bogged down with this narrator's opinion. Just using his video. His gimp is effecting not only his physical movements but his mental ones too. I really don;t care if Jerry doesn't want to talk about it. I can see it.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Still pulling for this kid to make a lot of CZ fans on here eat crow this upcoming season.

Jaylon will finish top 5 in tackles once again, will play every game for the Cowboys and will make the pro bowl this season.

Pretty much do all the things Sean Lee fragile *** couldn't do on a consistent basis for the Cowboys.
Sean Lee was actually good.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Wow the 60 million dollar LB can actually run AND turn. Wow. This dummy’s problem is that he likes to shy away from the dirty stuff. These videos btw are so stupid. Let’s see these clowns put the pads on and truck opponents.