Jaylon Smith sighting

IheartRomo

Reaction score
The defense is in trouble regardless if china doll is hobbled. Like someone else said yesterday, we need to draft a couple of addl LB high again next year. Reliability is paramount. A 90% healthy Jaylon has been more reliable this season than Lee. That's not supposed to happen.

I don't know about that - define reliable. Sure, Jaylon has played in every game but he's been anything but reliable in terms of production.

Obviously, Lee's availability has always been and probably will always be his issue (he's got almost no other issues when actually on the field - phenomenal player), but Smith is simply not a good player right now. Hopefully that changes with more healing and experience. However, right now I'd still prefer Lee for 25% of the games over Jaylon healthy for all of them - that's how gigantic the difference is between them in production/ability right now.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I don't know about that - define reliable. Sure, Jaylon has played in every game but he's been anything but reliable in terms of production.

Obviously, Lee's availability has always been and probably will always be his issue (he's got almost no other issues when actually on the field - phenomenal player), but Smith is simply not a good player right now. Hopefully that changes with more healing and experience. However, right now I'd still prefer Lee for 25% of the games over Jaylon healthy for all of them - that's how gigantic the difference is between them in production/ability right now.
To be fair we have no idea what Jaylon will be at 100 percent. He has much more talent and potential then Lee. We just hope it translates onto the field

IheartRomo

Reaction score
To be fair we have no idea what Jaylon will be at 100 percent. He has much more talent and potential then Lee. We just hope it translates onto the field

Absolutely agree wholeheartedly in hoping it translates one day - that day just isn't right now.

Also, not sure id agree that he has a ton more talent that Lee. Physically absolutely, but Lee's instincts and football IQ are second to none. You cannot teach that.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Absolutely agree wholeheartedly in hoping it translates one day - that day just isn't right now.

Also, not sure id agree that he has a ton more talent that Lee. Physically absolutely, but Lee's instincts and football IQ are second to none. You cannot teach that.
Jaylon has the IQ as well. I get it, Lee is so wonderful but like it or not Jaylon has much more talent and potential then Lee. Jaylon is a once in a generation type talent. Lee is not

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

I'd prefer Lee too but has he been reliable"?

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/reliable

IheartRomo

Reaction score

On the field every snap but below JAG level play to me is not reliable. I think it's pretty obvious that it's better to have 25% of the snaps only from an all pro than 100% of the snaps from a poor player.

Again, that's just at this current moment. Jaylon has a real chance to heal and get better, but right now he's not very good.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
On the field every snap but below JAG level play to me is not reliable. I think it's pretty obvious that it's better to have 25% of the snaps only from an all pro than 100% of the snaps from a poor player.

Again, that's just at this current moment. Jaylon has a real chance to heal and get better, but right now he's not very good.
I'm not going to dispute how good or not good Jaylon is. I've said my piece about his present and future. Again, I will say that Sean Lee is trash if he's not on the field. I don't give two craps how awesome and hulk like he is.

bodi

Reaction score
I said my pieced also - he is hurting the team by playing - unless its mop duty

don't ever thing he will be near as good as he was in college

IheartRomo

Reaction score
I said my pieced also - he is hurting the team by playing - unless its mop duty

don't ever thing he will be near as good as he was in college

I agree completely. Couldn't be rooting for Jaylon any more than I am, but he's hurting the team right now - badly in fact. All it takes is one look at the Rams or Packers tape to see how much damage he's doing (or the FO/coaches, rather, by putting him in a position to play a # of snaps that he isn't prepared for right now).

Wood

Reaction score
This was the first game I thought he made a genuine impact play. I hope he comes on in the following weeks. We need him to become something special if this defense is going to be what it needs to be.

Thoughts about his game today?

same here. You can see his straight line speed (to QB) is still really good. The question now is how do you get him into more plays rushing the passer without teams knowing what your doing. He still arm tackles.