Jaylon Smith thread

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I get that he hasn't been an all-star on the field, but damn some of you are ruthless. Saying he sucks and calling him a bust only 5 weeks into his NFL career. After he sat out for some time and battled his way through a very significant injury. The kid has a lot of heart. How about questioning the coaching staff for putting him into a failing situation? Personally, I'm willing to give the kid some time. I get that our loses are frustrating but I'm not willing to make him the sole fallguy. This defensive unit as a whole is pretty pathetic.

kumizi

Reaction score
I get that he hasn't been an all-star on the field, but damn some of you are ruthless. Saying he sucks and calling him a bust only 5 weeks into his NFL career. After he sat out for some time and battled his way through a very significant injury. The kid has a lot of heart. How about questioning the coaching staff for putting him into a failing situation? Personally, I'm willing to give the kid some time. I get that our loses are frustrating but I'm not willing to make him the sole fallguy. This defensive unit as a whole is pretty pathetic.
No one is saying he sucks as a person.

He sucks as a player.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score

I'm not saying he's a bust, but he shouldn't be playing as many snaps as he is since he's been a liability. He's too slow in coverage and too hesitant in the ring game. This is on the coaching staff in only having Durant as backup but not really using him because his talent is dwindling

DK30

Reaction score
IR him for incompetence, and hope he heals enough to play again. The idea that he's just green is beyond stupid, he's physically unable to play.

Can we send him to the practice squad?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
The dude has amazing heart but sadly the freak show needs to stop. We need to bring in a vet to share reps with him and then draft another 2 LB's...

John813

Reaction score
Think I rather have Bobby Carpenter over Jaylon this year.

coult44

Reaction score
54 is the worst player on the field. It sucks because I love the story and think he's a great guy. But he's killing us ... He like the kid who's the coaches son in pop warner. You know that kid. The one who knows he doesn't deserve to play but his dad is the HC so he never come off the field.. yep that's him

DenCWBY

Reaction score
and it has been obvious. I think a certain GMs ego is keeping him out there...
happened before and will in the future. The FO gets stuck on players because of ego. No one to 2nd guess the family.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
This does raise the question...if his nerve isn’t firing by now, what makes you think it will ever fire?

He’s not only running around on that dead foot, but he’s reacting to the plays far slower than I expect from any middle linebacker.

Doomsay

Reaction score

Why would you hurt the rest of your team with a player who is probably the worst in the league at his position, no matter the reason. That's selfish and stupid, there are a lot of players that couldn't overcome college or training camp or rookie injuries that aren't starting.

erod

Reaction score
Jaylon Smith, currently, is the worst middle linebacker in the NFL. He can't move.

Maybe one day, but right now he's a complete liability.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He is terrible right now. Someone needs to have him fake an injury so he can go to the IR. If that nerve never heals properly, he will not have a long career.

I am all for him learning on the field but he is a big liability out there.