Jaylon Smith thread

pitt33

Reaction score
He is killing us

I have been watching football for 22 years now

Have never seen a lber be such a detriment to an nfl team as he is right now
He is the worst LB in the league. I don’t like saying that but it’s a fact.

I’ve been watching a lot longer and for the life of me I have never witnessed another LB like him right now.

CWR

Reaction score
Well Jaylon is SUCKING. However, he shouldn't be out there this much and hes clearly not ready. I dont think he will keep sucking and I still have high hopes. But yes right now he unequivocally sucks, along with the rest of the defense minus a few pass rushers.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Smith is playing because Hitchens was hurt and now Lee is hurt. That's not his fault. Otherwise, he wouldn't be out there so much.

But yeah, let's create another thread to bash the kid because God knows he's the only reason this defense sucks. Frankly, I'm more annoyed by veterans who can't make a damn play to save their lives.

Hitchens, Wilson, and Durant should start. Use Wilber to spell them. Or sign Gachkar, even he was better than Jaylon.

Wood

Reaction score
I'll save the mods a second and post a thread for him.

I love Smith's heart. I love his spirit. I hate seeing him on the field.

He shouldn't even be active on game day let alone playing significant snaps. He is not ready. You can get dozens of other players to do better than him right now.

Stop being stubborn and be sensible. It's killing this team.

I will say it again. Jerry is proud person. Not playing Jaylon is admission that maybe that wasn't right pick. He will have none of that.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
i hate to say it, but I said when we drafted this kid that he was a waste of a pick and wasn't likely to bounce back and unfortunately it looks like I am right.

I hate it for the guy, but he just can't play.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
A month ago, people would bash you for saying this... a couple of weeks ago, some would bash you.....a week ago a handful would call you out, and now pretty much everyone agrees that Jaylon is bad.

I was listening to local sports radio about 40 minutes ago, and they were totally bashing him.

We all agree though, that it's not his fault he is playing. He shouldn't be playing at all. He was forced into this position and now he's gonna start doubting himself and his skill set.

What a remarkable recovery story for him to even be on an NFL team, but he's not ready yet. Let's see in 2018 or 2019. I know that's a long time but it's all we can do

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
A month ago, people would bash you for saying this... a couple of weeks ago, some would bash you.....a week ago a handful would call you out, and now pretty much everyone agrees that Jaylon is bad.

I was listening to local sports radio about 40 minutes ago, and they were totally bashing him.

We all agree though, that it's not his fault he is playing. He shouldn't be playing at all. He was forced into this position and now he's gonna start doubting himself and his skill set.

What a remarkable recovery story for him to even be on an NFL team, but he's not ready yet. Let's see in 2018 or 2019. I know that's a long time but it's all we can do

At some point, what is best for the team has to outweigh hi feelings or whatever.

He needs to be benched and inactive. He is hurting the team terribly and his confidence is probably shot.

There is no way there are linebackers on the team worse than him. I am sure there are guys on the street better than him right now.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Herryn
At some point, what is best for the team has to outweigh hi feelings or whatever.

He needs to be benched and inactive. He is hurting the team terribly and his confidence is probably shot.

There is no way there are linebackers on the team worse than him. I am sure there are guys on the street better than him right now.

IheartRomo

Reaction score

That's the worst part about all of this - his confidence is going down the drain for no reason. He's simply not ready to play.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I believe that if he works hard, stays focus, and has a little luck, he will be able to bcome a hitchens type player ( avg NFL player) in 2018/2019.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
At this point, it's safe to assume that Jaylon Smith's potential as another Luke Kuechly pretty much came to an end the moment he got hurt at Notre Dame. He might be able to one day turn into a solid LB and have a long career but pretty hard to imagine him being a DPOY-type player.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
VYHUXUY.jpg

He has dropped 10 points to an overal 42.1 which is poor

Great story though, and love his optimistic attitude. Good person to cheer for, but he needs to be training and rehabbing not playing

waving monkey

Reaction score
I'll save the mods a second and post a thread for him.

I love Smith's heart. I love his spirit. I hate seeing him on the field.

He shouldn't even be active on game day let alone playing significant snaps. He is not ready. You can get dozens of other players to do better than him right now.

Stop being stubborn and be sensible. It's killing this team.
right now they need Smith the body count is too high
not that I'm dont agree with the sentiments of your post

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
right now they need Smith the body count is too high
not that I'm dont agree with the sentiments of your post

True but IR him, make inactive and go find someone who is at least healthy. He is a gaping hole in the middle doing no one around him any favors. I want him to learn on the field but not at the expense of the team or his mentality.

stiletto

Reaction score
My problem with Jaylon has been play recognition. It seems like he starts moving in bad directions towards the ball. I really feel some of it is not just his bum knee. I Know it doesn't help but I don't think that is solely the issue with him. I'm worried.

waving monkey

Reaction score
True but IR him, make inactive and go find someone who is at least healthy. He is a gaping hole in the middle doing no one around him any favors. I want him to learn on the field but not at the expense of the team or his mentality.
My guess is; this is a training season for JSmith and the way the season is shaping up its a throw away season,maybe.
Expectations are a little bit of the problem.