Twitter: Jaylon Smith working out at AWP Sports

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Trying to see if there's a brace, hard to tell. The foot seems to be moving like a normal foot would move...I only hope he doesn't injure or pull something trying to compensate for the foot, something like hamstring or groin pull from overworking a different set of muscles. Never heard of AWP but hopefully they're looking out for something like that

ilykdrama

Reaction score
True..

but his cost keeps us from competing.

We can't afford a defense.

Hopefully thats about to change.

I can COMPLETELY agree with cost. If it's the difference between us getting a playmaker or keeping him, he's gotta move on. I don't think this "improve through the draft" on defense works EVERY season. You still have to find a contributor.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Only in the zone will you see guys get excited for a guy that can sprint 10 feet in 3 seconds. Before you know it...we will try and talk the fridge out of retirement to come play LBer w/ that kind of speed.

Honestly...that clip is concerning. No burst. No high knees. Looked stiff. Came straight up of the blocks. Got a feeling this guy is going to be another 2nd round bust.

Bruce Carter
Escobar
Gregory
Jaylon Smith

Hell...I'm afraid of what we will do next in this years draft.:oops: Our track record for swinging for the fences in the 2nd round suck.
He's no Kellen Moore

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
fisher says jaylons been doing this kinda good stuff maybe for a while.

Hardline

Reaction score

Why is this guy making this statement?
What does he know that know one else knows?
Until there is an official statement from the Cowboys then Smith is still no where near being 100%.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm no doctor so I'm not going to begin to act or talk like I am.
But if he's moving back and forth, running laterally and in a straight line, picking up his knees when he runs and cutting, how is it that his nerve is not firing? :huh:

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
He looks like a dang tank! Man, that Kool-Aid tastes great! Can't wait to see him line up next to Lee next year. No more needing to leave the TV when the D is on the field! I'm pumped to be able to watch a full game now!!! :lmao2:

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Uh, probably because neither he or the team has addressed it yet?
He ain't Tom Brady. He's a rookie who's never played a down. There's not going to be some big press conference to discuss the status of his foot. All we're going to get are cryptic yet positive comments from Jones and Jones, and Smith's own over the top positive twitter posts.