Twitter: Jaylon Smith working out at AWP Sports

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I want to see a video of him running barefoot without a brace before I get excited.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Has anyone played with that kind of orthotic device at a high level in an NFL game?
Has anyone tried? At least anyone who would otherwise be capable of playing at a high level? That's a legit question I don't know the answer to

Silverstar

Reaction score
Yeah. We are totally screwed then

Considering its his left leg / foot that need fixing

Yeah, I know its his left leg that's the problem, that's why he's pushing off with the right.

At least, that's what it looks like to me.

Rockdoc

Reaction score
I'm no doctor so I'm not going to begin to act or talk like I am.
But if he's moving back and forth, running laterally and in a straight line, picking up his knees when he runs and cutting, how is it that his nerve is not firing? :huh:

the nerve in question controls a smaller muscle. so harder to tell in short spurts.
important as other muscles fatigue to have all muscles working together, otherwise higher risk of injury
once it starts firing there will be sometime for muscle to catch up
but he has to be close if not there

waldoputty

Reaction score
the nerve in question controls a smaller muscle. so harder to tell in short spurts.
important as other muscles fatigue to have all muscles working together, otherwise higher risk of injury
once it starts firing there will be sometime for muscle to catch up
but he has to be close if not there

If I understand correct, the concern is whether there is adequate reinnervation?
If the muscle is already getting better, then I presume the nerve is doing its thing and will keep getting better.

My question is anyone with a trained eye looked at these video?
Can anyone tell whether he is back to his previous self or at least his turning etc is as good as a typical LB?
If so and the reports of 4.4/4.5 speed is real, then he is mostly back?

I guess no one knows if he is still using the brace or not.
Also if he is using the brace, is it for preventive reasons or does he need it to lift his foot.

If he is really performing like an elite athlete even with the brace, does it even matter?
In fact, one may argue that he may now be predisposed to an uninjury of his ankle area and he should wear some type of brace whether he is fully recovered or not...