Image: Jaylon Smith working the cords

USMarineVet

Reaction score
Contrary to what some are saying here, I'm very interested in every step of Jaylon's recovery. Keep them coming.

If some find the posts bothersome, all they need to do is click off and go to the next topic. Doesn't even require a derogatory comment.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
13473306_505501879648942_1336054013_n.jpg

Wait...is that a shadow or a little trench created by the foot drag?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't realize having a Cowboys broadcaster tweet a picture of you, taken from 75 yards away, while you "do what you need to do to recover" qualified as you talking about yourself and showing off. :rolleyes:

As for the photo. Good for him. It would be a good story to see him recover and become what we hope he is capable of.

I'm not blaming him, I'm blaming the media.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Doesn't he have a device he uses that prevents drop foot?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Don't think that's what it means based on what I've heard.

He has pushoff power. The brace helps raise his foot back to neutral. Jaylon working out without the brace would be news worthy of coverage, we'll all know when/if it happens.

Then he has to be pushing his toe down on purpose while his foot is in the air. Which is totally possible. You would think that his foot would be pushed up by the brace if it is off the ground, but we really can't tell.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Well, this particular post was a stream of photos that Brad Sham was posting on his twitter. It was *interesting* to me since I don't engage in the other rehab threads.

It's Brad Sham, so who knows what he's using. *shrug*

And what a high quality piece of photography it is. *shrug*

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You don't know that. He will likely start out on PUP but for all we know the muscle could reinnervate in the next few weeks.

A lot of people find rehabilitation stories in the NFL inspiring. Smith can do what he wants.

You don't know that. lol... reminds me of this...
LeaveBritneyAlone.gif

Wood

Reaction score
Jaylon Smith has said he feels he could play in NFL even if the nerve doesn't get back to 100%. This might be scenario where he plays with noticeable limp but is still productive player because everything about this guy is elite. I know that won't sit well with some but its a reality. This is very very difficult injury to come back from. I would temper expectations until we get official word that nerve is firing again 100%.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You don't know that. lol... reminds me of this...
LeaveBritneyAlone.gif

Their rant was about how everyone was being mean to Spears and how it was so unfair and then the crying routine youre waving your hands at. You're trying too hard and too transparently.

Try again in a dispassionate monotone. The actual reality on this subject is pretty dry subject material other than your whinging about people discussing it.

Fact is that him regaining function in the next few weeks is on one end of the possible outcomes. Him never playing again is on the other. I'm just trying to be real and exhaustive in possible outcomes for deduction. You are setting expectations based on your emotional disposition is what it seems to me.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Their rant was about how everyone was being mean to Spears and how it was so unfair and then the crying routine youre waving your hands at. You're trying too hard and too transparently.

Try again in a dispassionate monotone. The actual reality on this subject is pretty dry subject material other than your whinging about people discussing it.

Fact is that him regaining function in the next few weeks is on one end of the possible outcomes. Him never playing again is on the other. I'm just trying to be real and exhaustive in possible outcomes for deduction. You are setting expectations based on your emotional disposition is what it seems to me.

My belief he'll never play again is just as real as your belief that he'll play this season. I have no emotion assigned to my opinion of Jaylon while you obviously have emotion assigned to him playing again. So who is setting expectations?