Jeff Heath has as many interceptions as the entire Cowboys Defense

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by J12B, Oct 12, 2020.

1. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

5,169 Messages
    4,782 Likes Received
    You know our defense is bad when we are missing a guy who quite literally cost us playoff wins and was below average at best.

kskboys likes this.
  2. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

23,229 Messages
    25,368 Likes Received
    That's because he's playing nickel package where he's best suited.

cern likes this.
  3. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

43,957 Messages
    65,296 Likes Received
    He was barely playing that too. He was averaging 7 snaps a game before this past weekend.

kskboys likes this.
  4. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

8,980 Messages
    7,304 Likes Received
    If he was so bad why did the Raiders pay him?

Right now I would take him over anything we got.

5. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

43,957 Messages
    65,296 Likes Received
    They signed him to be a special teams guy and a veteran backup for their younger safeties. They didn’t sign him to be a starter.

They had used a first round pick on Abram and had signed Joyner to a big contract in 2019. Those guys were locked in as starters when Heath was signed.

Again you are missing the point. Heath was a decent player as a backup and special teams guy. That’s what the Raiders signed him for. You are thinking we should still have him starting. He’s not a starting S.

The fact he might be as good or better than Thompson and Wilson at SS doesn’t change the fact he’s still not a good starting SS.

kskboys likes this.
  6. KingintheNorth

KingintheNorth Chris in Arizona

15,038 Messages
    19,618 Likes Received
    An NFL team once thought Albert Haynesworth was worth a $100M. That means nothing.

Let me put it this way for you.

The Cowboys would have rather given Ha Ha Clinton Dix $4 Million (2.5 M guaranteed), who has been on 3 teams in just over a year, than pay Jeff Heath, who they saw everyday, $3M per year for two years.

Just because you have his poster up on your wall, it does not mean Jeff Heath is a good player.

7. KingintheNorth

KingintheNorth Chris in Arizona

15,038 Messages
    19,618 Likes Received
    Only because Harris and Joyner were hurt.

Quit trying to justify the unhealthy crush this fan base had on him. Dude is a back-up.

8. starfan1

starfan1 Well-Known Member

3,477 Messages
    3,062 Likes Received
    I really think the thread is misleading. I don’t think that it’s a indication the Heath is just so good

it’s more an indictment of how pathetic our defense is. Heath has 1 interception I believe and it happened on national TV against Mahomes

we’ve got 1 pick! Woods in games 1.

I didn’t hate Heath but it’s not like we let Darren Woodson walk here he was average

just like what we currently have

9. Haimerej

Haimerej Well-Known Member

2,444 Messages
    3,207 Likes Received
    Took 7 years to get 8. Not exactly lighting it up, especially when 37.5% was 1 year. Byron got 2 in 5 years, ouch. Chido has 4 in 3 years and 4 games. Lewis had 4 coming into this year. Those guys aren't exactly great, either.

Looking all this up just reminded me that this team isn't good. I was enjoying my day, too.

10. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

23,229 Messages
    25,368 Likes Received
    I think you quoted the wrong post.