Jeff Heath still ballin

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You know I'm not a fan of Heath but I do enjoy watching him play well and prove some of y'all wrong lol. He's been harshly criticized based on this organization's failure to replace him. Was never his fault.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Amazing how much crap members around here give this guy and week in and week out he just continues solid play with one or two highlights each week.

Two nice hits by Heath this week. No question about it. The problem is they are few and far between. Definitely not every week.

And the turnovers remain almost no existent.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Look, heath is a good player, and he plays with the heart of three men. The coaches know his makeup that is why he is out there...

Heath is what he is. The worst starter on our team and the weakest link on the D. Far from "good" .

That doesnt mean that he doesnt have a good game once in a while.

Beaker42

Reaction score
A large group of "fans" have an emotion need to hate players like Heath.

I've often wondered what drives people to get so worked up and repeatedly post about Heath.

My conclusion is that by hating Heath and wanting him replaced, those "fans" feel like they know something the coaches don't know.

If those same "fans" just stated that Zeke is a great player, then that's just agreeing with the coaches and therefore does not make those "fans" feel like they know more than the coaches.
Post 5 plays from any game where he "sucked".
My impression of Heath was formed and hasn’t changed since watching AD truck him into the end zone against Minny. The play that ended our season last year solidified that opinion. The pass that bounced off his helmet because he wasn’t looking for the ball and the piss-poor angle on Barkley’s long run this season just reinforce said opinion.

HaHa has two picks last night on plays Heath would still be trying to ID and react to.

Heath is like our dad. We can’t replace him because he’s our dad.

Last edited:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Just in the Washington game

11:22 Broke up a pass for 1st down when DLaw got flagged for ankle hit on Keenum.

Next drive, 3rd and 3 ball hits Heath in head. He was looking at not blowing up his own guy, but ends drive.

4:37 3rd. 1st and goal, Heath breaks up pass in flat.

3:49 4th Heath tackles Davis for a 4 yard gain on 1st down. The first pass completion he gave up to Davis.

Heath moved around from single high safety to in the box over the TE. From what I saw, he allowed 1 completion to Davis for 5 yards, tied for team lead in PD.

Not seeing the liability he's suppost to be.
Pretty awesome post, my man:thumbup:
And you ain't never gonna'wittness it,,,as to that even remotely resembling, that of the slightest degree of which is being issued forth & championed from those self-righteously espoused lame*ssed $*** head's who keep yanking on the ol' klaxon calls pull rope of Heath suckage,,, but,ya know what ,bro? You gotta' take into account & accept the simple fact as to them rope tugging yankers,being lame*ssed $***heads to begin with, doncha'ya see?o_O

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
The state of this forum.....
S Jeff Heath is average at best at his position on a good day and he's beloved by the masses.
QB Dak Prescott producing at a high level from day one and all we hear is that he's no Carson Wentz.

jjktkk

Reaction score
True but also people seem to think players are incapable of improving themselves as players. Heath may never be a Pro Bowler but he can do things to make himself a better player.
I don't know if Heath can improve, given this is his 7th year in the league, but I get what you're saying. I might also add that some fans will only see a player's deficiencies and just focus on the deficiencies rather than looking at the player's overall talent. Yes there are better overall safeties than Heath, but you can't have Pro Bowlers at every position.

John813

Reaction score
Best player to ever wear the #38 in Cowboys history.

Going to have to retire that number when he calls it quits and the Cowboys fall back into mediocrity

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
#38 don't play the game of football,,,OH,No!
#38 is the GAME of FOOTBALL

:starspin::starspin:o_O:starspin::starspin:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't know if Heath can improve, given this is his 7th year in the league, but I get what you're saying. I might also add that some fans will only see a player's deficiencies and just focus on the deficiencies rather than looking at the player's overall talent. Yes there are better overall safeties than Heath, but you can't have Pro Bowlers at every position.

I think players can always look to improve spending more time in film room and knowing your assignments better. You are right, he may never be a pro bowler but I don't see his play as poor or costly to the team and as you said cap wise your not going to field pro bowlers at every position. Having said that I would always look to improve a position and a guy like Wilson very well could take the job. We will see

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Thats the way it works around here with Heath. His one good play every other game negates all the negative plays in between. He's S depth on most teams in the NFL.
I do want upgrade at safety...but which NFL teams are two deep at safety? 1? 2 or at most 3 of them?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two nice hits by Heath this week. No question about it. The problem is they are few and far between. Definitely not every week.

And the turnovers remain almost no existent.

That's true of the entire defensive backfield.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Heath is to safety what Brady is to QB, White is to DE and Butkus is to MLB.

No just a lunch pale guy. He will never see the big day and will constantly have to look over his shoulder to keep his job. However he go out and play hard and do what is asked be it safety or special teams and do so without much hoopla but he seems to have the respect of players around him which is how you are voted by teammates as a captain

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No just a lunch pale guy. He will never see the big day and will constantly have to look over his shoulder to keep his job. However he go out and play hard and do what is asked be it safety or special teams and do so without much hoopla but he seems to have the respect of players around him which is how you are voted by teammates as a captain

Surely you didn't think I was serious. lol

Doomsday101

Reaction score
There are too many that take an extreme position on almost any issue.

I agree. I do not see Heath as some top flight strong safety, I see him as I said one of the blue collar lunch pale type of guy. I expect him to go out and help the team but not expecting him to be a dominate force.