Jerrah - We haven't had a 1 WR in years

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How is saying the team has failed to do it's job to find a #1 receiver an excuse?

Where do he in fact say that? Nice inference on your part from the looks of it.

And it ignores the fact that under this quarterback, suddenly, inexplicably all the receivers are terrible.

Are you going to try to ignore that fact or try to pass it off as some mere coincidence?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good point. I would of been less upset if we tried to go after Robinson, but the Watkins deal is still bonkers to me.

And now we know exactly where "bonkers" lives.

While he might have vision in business, he has none when it comes to being a GM. It's always the next bandaid on a gaping wound for this guy.

MikeT22

Reaction score
It shouldn't be a surprise since Dez and Antonio Bryant are the only two WR's we've drafted in the first 2 rounds in nearly 25 years.

A couple years ago we needed to upgrade the #2 WR position and now we don't have a #1 or #2 receiver or starting caliber TE. Throw that in with no legit starting QB, an 8th year below average HC who never should've been hired and an oil man pretending to be GM and it should be no surprise we're where we are at.

erod

Reaction score
Wow!!! Stop it with the Super Romo BS. Dez came out of college with number one WR potential. Before he caught a ball from Romo.
But let’s put a real spin on it. TO and Witten made Romo look more like a franchise quarterback than he really was. And that’s a fact.
Ah, yes, this from you.

In college, Dez had to line up near the coaches sideline so they could tell him what route to run. Romo made chicken salad with this chicken crap.

erod

Reaction score
It shouldn't be a surprise since Dez and Antonio Bryant are the only two WR's we've drafted in the first 2 rounds in nearly 25 years.

A couple years ago we needed to upgrade the #2 WR position and now we don't have a #1 or #2 receiver or starting caliber TE. Throw that in with no legit starting QB, an 8th year below average HC who never should've been hired and an oil man pretending to be GM and it should be no surprise we're where we are at.

Most first round receivers bust like grapes.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Ah, yes, this from you.

In college, Dez had to line up near the coaches sideline so they could tell him what route to run. Romo made chicken salad with this chicken crap.
What and where would Romo be without TO? I’m sure you’d conveniently forget TO was the one who lobbied for Romo to replace Bledsoe. TO’s RAC helped Romo’s numbers look much better.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where do he in fact say that? Nice inference on your part from the looks of it.

And it ignores the fact that under this quarterback, suddenly, inexplicably all the receivers are terrible.

Are you going to try to ignore that fact or try to pass it off as some mere coincidence?

Where did he in fact say what? I didn't claim he said anything other than what he said, and I'm not the one reading more into the words than they indicate. His words, as stated, were an observation and his opinion. Had he laid the blame for not having a #1 receiver on someone else, or claimed that he and the team had nothing to do with not having a #1 WR, that would have been an excuse. Now, you tell me where he did that.

As for it ignoring that the QB hasn't been good, maybe it does, but that doesn't somehow make his words an excuse. It just means he isn't realistic.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Ah, yes, this from you.

No. Dez’s Physicality and strength to break tackles made chicken salad. You Romo rooters forget that many of Romo’s great passes were broken tackles on WRs that went for huge gains. TO,Witten, Austin, Dez, etc all made plays AFTER catching Romo’s passes. Ain’t like Romo was Ken Stabler our there dropping bombs all day.. You guys need to stop lying about this bs.

erod

Reaction score
What and where would Romo be without TO? I’m sure you’d conveniently forget TO was the one who lobbied for Romo to replace Bledsoe. TO’s RAC helped Romo’s numbers look much better.
Romo turned Laurent Robinson into a multimillionaire elsewhere. Did nothing thereafter.

Romo turned Miles Austin into a multimillionaire elsewhere. Did nothing thereafter.

Romo turned Patrick Crayton into a multimillionaire elsewhere. Did nothing thereafter.

Romo turned Sam Hurd into a multimillionaire elsewhere. Did nothing thereafter.

Romo turned Dez into a multi-multi-multi millionaire here. Did nothing when Dak took over.

And if you think Parcells gave two craps about what TO thought, you're even less lucid than we all thought.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fact Jerry thinks that is the main problem on offense is mind-boggling but not surprising.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where did he in fact say what? I didn't claim he said anything other than what he said, and I'm not the one reading more into the words than they indicate. His words, as stated, were an observation and his opinion. Had he laid the blame for not having a #1 receiver on someone else, or claimed that he and the team had nothing to do with not having a #1 WR, that would have been an excuse. Now, you tell me where he did that.

As for it ignoring that the QB hasn't been good, maybe it does, but that doesn't somehow make his words an excuse. It just means he isn't realistic.

He never said that neither he nor the team "failed to find a #1 receiver", did he? No, that's your excusemaker alarm kicking in again.

Now back to the revelant point. Why is it that all receivers get worse here under this scheme and quarterback?

Legend

Reaction score
Wrong

Know what youre talking about

So how has Dez been a true #1 WR with these numbers? Those are #2 WR numbers.
2015 - 401 receiving yards (9 games)
2016 - 796 receiving yards (13 games)
2017 - 838 receiving yards

Dez was also getting punked by Jenkins (NY) and Norman (Washington) on the football field.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Romo turned Laurent Robinson into a multimillionaire elsewhere. Did nothing thereafter.

Romo turned Miles Austin into a multimillionaire elsewhere. Did nothing thereafter.

Romo turned Patrick Crayton into a multimillionaire elsewhere. Did nothing thereafter.

Romo turned Sam Hurd into a multimillionaire elsewhere. Did nothing thereafter.

Romo turned Dez into a multi-multi-multi millionaire here. Did nothing when Dak took over.

And if you think Parcells gave two craps about what TO thought, you're even less lucid than we all thought.
LMAO. You placed Robinson on here twice to make the list longer huh?
Ok. I’ll play along. Robinson and Crayton I’ll give you. But Austin didn’t perform with Romo after suffering a string of hamstring injuries that ruined him.
Dez was a first round draft pick who ain’t been the same since 2015 when he broke his foot. Romo ain’t been the same sine 2015 either because he’s just too brittle. Sam Hurd was never anything special and it’s TO who caused him and Crayton to shine because he demanded extra attention. I mean, Romo came aboard passing to not one but 2 Hall of Famers In TO and Witten. So I guess you’ll credit Romo with their greatness as well huh?

Please stop the BS

funkytown

Reaction score
Elite QB's turn marginal receivers into #1's. See Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, etc.

Romo had that quality as well. Dak does not. That's the story here.

Look at the super bowl winners from the last 10 or 20 years. How many of those teams had elite true #1 receivers? Not many. Its not necessary with elite QBs. But its necessary with a QB like Dak.

This team truly over estimated the ability of Dak. He's an average at best QB who needs playmakers around him. He is not Tom Brady or Peyton Manning who can turn average receivers into #1's.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
So how has Dez been a true #1 WR with these numbers? Those are #2 WR numbers.
2015 - 401 receiving yards (9 games)
2016 - 796 receiving yards (13 games)
2017 - 838 receiving yards
Predictable

Why dont you look at the last 8 games (incl GB and not the finale vs PHI) and compare his stats to other #1s around the league.

Dez
43 catches
646 yrds
8 Tds
65 catch %

Julio
49 catches
646 yards
3 TDs
68 catch %

Dez was more productive than Julio Jones at the end of 2016. Yes he started off slow (he had the injury and little chemistry with a rookie QB).

DFWJC

Reaction score
He has a point.
Then again, there are only a few true #1s out there
Dallas has a roster full of low 2s, 3s or 4s.
Dez, even now, is better than any of them.