Jerruah, Just openly admitted

WG5516

Reaction score
He enjoyed the drama of last week.... :bang2:Unbelievable!!!

Jerry has been a great owner and GM over the last few yrs, but I have a problem with his statement. His team were acting like children for most of the week.

WG5516

Reaction score
He said that, this is the reason why the media has offices at Valley Ranch.... Like ***? I'm sure the events of last week were blown out of porpotion, but the way some of the members of the team sold each other out on TV wasn't cool.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
people are talking up his team, what more could he want?

unlike non descript teams like Carolina, New Orleans, Cincinnati etc, people always have an opinion about us, good or bad

no one is ever indifferent about the Cowboys

Frozen700

Reaction score
i love it too....its not as bad as the media made it out to be.....and we are the most talked about team in any sport....i know other sports like Baseball, NBA....are upset....if you don't know the Cowboys now you do....If you never heard of Jerry...Witten..TO...Romo...Now you do

We keep espn's ratings up......when they talk about any other players..nobody gets the coverage we get....at least i can call espn...the Cowboys Station..literally....with a few other subjects here and there

The Panch

Reaction score
WG5516;2498602 said:
He said that, this is the reason why the media has offices at Valley Ranch.... Like ***? I'm sure the events of last week were blown out of porpotion, but the way some of the members of the team sold each other out on TV wasn't cool.
Exactly.

Amazing how a win, that doesnt even get us into the playoffs yet, can make people forget about the issues with this team's attitude and lack of discipline on and off the field.

Batman

Reaction score
I have said it before, will say it again. Jerry is one of the biggest problems this team has. Once Stephen Jones takes over, I think we will be rid of the drama and be just football.

The Panch

Reaction score
Terence Newman700;2498606 said:
i love it too....its not as bad as the media made it out to be.....and we are the most talked about team in any sport....i know other sports like Baseball, NBA....are upset....if you don't know the Cowboys now you do....If you never heard of Jerry...Witten..TO...Romo...Now you do

We keep espn's ratings up......when they talk about any other players..nobody gets the coverage we get....at least i can call espn...the Cowboys Station..literally....with a few other subjects here and there
I just dont see where we should be proud of this. We should be focusing on winning football games and instead we have to deal with all this drama that we bring on ourselves and teams dont win championships like that.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Sometimes there are subjects that cause the response in posters that reminds me of the blind men and the elephant.

Jerry owns a business that is for ENTERTAINMENT.

While the talking imbecils of ESPN like to call football a profession and want people to act professionally, these guys are not surgeons nor attorneys.

The job of a football player is to knock the snot out of another guy in different laundry. So the classy comments and professionalism is putting lipstick on a ping.

This last week was millions of dollars worth of free advertisement. Look at the television ratings and the 15.9 share even over the Survivor Finale.

You as a fan are about winning games and championships.

Jerry is about marketing his product. Winning championships is secondary - even though he is merely a fan.

This past week put money in his pocket. This is why he can see this differently than us fans.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
The Panch;2498609 said:
Exactly.

Amazing how a win, that doesnt even get us into the playoffs yet, can make people forget about the issues with this team's attitude and lack of discipline on and off the field.

well there is nothing we can do about it so why let it eat ourselves up, just enjoy the win

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
TwoDeep3;2498615 said:
Sometimes there are subjects that cause the response in posters that reminds me of the blind men and the elephant.

While the talking imbecils of ESPN like to call football a profession and want people to act professionally, these guys are not surgeons nor attorneys.

The job of a football player is to knock the snot out of another guy in different laundry. So the classy comments and professionalism is putting lipstick on a ping.

This last week was millions of dollars worth of free advertisement. Look at the television ratings and the 15.9 share even over the Survivor Finale.

Jerry is about marketing his product. Winning championships is secondary - even though he is merely a fan.

This past week put money in his pocket. This is why he can see this differently than us fans.

true, no one ever paid a seat licence to watch me argue tawdry divorce cases

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
TwoDeep3;2498615 said:

Jerry is marketing his Team

And ESPN is serving up the stories the viewers want to watch and listen to. Stone cold rating fact.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
The Panch;2498619 said:
^^^^^
I dont know how you can realistically defend Jerry's b.s.

has nothing to do with defending, just knowing I can't do anything about it, so why worry.

The Panch

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2498639 said:
has nothing to do with defending, just knowing I can't do anything about it, so why worry.
We're fans. Its our job to let out our worries.

hendog

Reaction score
TwoDeep3;2498615 said:

This is so true because no one has ever paid to watch me preform neurosurgery on a severed spinal cord or the surrounding peripheral nerves.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Jerry believes in the old saying that any publicity is good, regardless of if it is negative or postive.

Like one of the posters commented here, Jerry is all about selling his product and when we are the lead story on BSPN almost every freaking night, well you cant buy that kind of publicity.

You think anybody would give a rat's arse if Boldin was complaining that Fitzgerald and Warner were making up secret plays between the two of them???

The Cowboys are like the Yankees, both clubs LOVE THE MEDIA that they get even if it is not postive. How many stories did we watch on BSPN about how Jeter and A-Rod cant stand each other and so forth???

About a zillion different segments on Sportscenter. You think anybody would give a dam if the short stop and slugger for the Rangers were pissed at each other???

That is kinda my point.........................that is why Jerry is LOVING THIS!!!