Jerruah, Just openly admitted

The Panch

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2498685 said:
The Cowboys are like the Yankees, both clubs LOVE THE MEDIA that they get even if it is not postive. How many stories did we watch on BSPN about how Jeter and A-Rod cant stand each other and so forth???
What exactly have the Yaknees won sin since A-Rod went to New York??

Bottom line, this kind of publicity isnt healthy. All this controversy Jerry loves and we have nothing to show for it. We've become a laughing stock which is tough to say about a team that went that could go to it's 3rd straight post season appearance.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Yeah let's beat up on old Jerra.

But darn if I keep remembering that he has three more Super Bowl rings than I do.

Old, senile and meddlesome and yet he has the world in his palm.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
The Panch;2498696 said:
$ doesnt=Super Bowls or playoff wins
Apparently Superbowls or playoff wins don't=$, because if it did Jethro would've been doing it the last 12 years!

gmb85

Reaction score
I've read this entire thread and I still see no link to Jerrah's comments.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The Panch;2498692 said:
What exactly have the Yaknees won sin since A-Rod went to New York??

Bottom line, this kind of publicity isnt healthy. All this controversy Jerry loves and we have nothing to show for it. We've become a laughing stock which is tough to say about a team that went that could go to it's 3rd straight post season appearance.

All I am saying is that the worst thing in the world for a sports franchise is to be irrelavent.

Either way, the media does not help or hurt a team losing. Teams that get almost no media are the Chiefs and the Titans, yet one team sucks and the other team is great.

Teams that get alot of media are the Giants and the Skins, yet one team sucks and the other team is very good.

So it really doesnt matter how much media attention you get or dont get, it doesnt really affect wins or loses, talent and execution usually determine that.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Batman;2498610 said:
I have said it before, will say it again. Jerry is one of the biggest problems this team has. Once Stephen Jones takes over, I think we will be rid of the drama and be just football.

It also seems like Jerry is more interested in $$$$ part of the time-I mean with all the media publicity, positive or negative, he generates, the Cowboys organization ends up raking in alot of dough.

I also begin to wonder too if Skip Bayless is on his payroll-I hate Bayless with a passion, but he draws alot of listeners with his Cowboys rants, you have to admit. Like I said above, even negative publicity for this team gets Jerry the $$$$.

Royal Laegotti

Reaction score
Boysboy;2498735 said:
It also seems like Jerry is more interested in $$$$ part of the time-I mean with all the media publicity, positive or negative, he generates, the Cowboys organization ends up raking in alot of dough.

I also begin to wonder too if Skip Bayless is on his payroll-I hate Bayless with a passion, but he draws alot of listeners with his Cowboys rants, you have to admit. Like I said above, even negative publicity for this team gets Jerry the $$$$.

Now that might be the ultimate conspiracy theory!:laugh2: Who know's!

Boysboy

Reaction score
Royal Laegotti;2498742 said:
Now that might be the ultimate conspiracy theory!:laugh2: Who know's!

You would think Jerry would have called Bayless out at least 100 X's...but en yet, he HAS YET to.

Just a food for thought.:rolleyes:

Royal Laegotti

Reaction score
Boysboy;2498759 said:
You would think Jerry would have called Bayless out at least 100 X's...but en yet, he HAS YET to.

Just a food for thought.:rolleyes:
I'm not bashing you I thought it was funny, I would'nt put ANYTHING past Jethro! Heck man he might secretly own ESPN!
:laugh2:

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
WG5516;2498602 said:
He said that, this is the reason why the media has offices at Valley Ranch.... Like ***? I'm sure the events of last week were blown out of porpotion, but the way some of the members of the team sold each other out on TV wasn't cool.

I'm not surprised he loved it. Jerry has stated in the past he loves any and all publicity. He would much rather see us consuming the air waves getting blasted than be yesterday's news.

That mentality is part of what keeps this team in such high profile (just part of it, mind you). He's cognizant of keeping us in the news and likes personalities on the team to keep it as such .... which can, at times, be to the detriment of the team.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
BigDFan5;2498741 said:
link anyone
ESPN aired it on TV...I don't have a link but definitely saw him say it.

I thought he was being kind of sarcastic, but didn't get a great look at it.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
WG5516;2498588 said:
He enjoyed the drama of last week.... :bang2:Unbelievable!!!

Jerry has been a great owner and GM over the last few yrs, but I have a problem with his statement. His team were acting like children for most of the week.

As long as it keep the Cowboys in the spot light he doesn't care. Sometimes I think the main reason he cares about winning is because he knows it will make the team more valuable. It is all about the Benjamins.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Doomsday;2498833 said:
As long as it keep the Cowboys in the spot light he doesn't care. Sometimes I think the main reason he cares about winning is because he knows it will make the team more valuable. It is all about the Benjamins.

Is that an indictment, though? I doubt you become a billionaire by not caring about money. Secondly, how many players on this team would be playing football if not for the fact their talent was spotted at an early age and they knew they might be able to make millions off of it?