Jerruah, Just openly admitted

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
TwoDeep3;2498615 said:
Sometimes there are subjects that cause the response in posters that reminds me of the blind men and the elephant.

Jerry owns a business that is for ENTERTAINMENT.

While the talking imbecils of ESPN like to call football a profession and want people to act professionally, these guys are not surgeons nor attorneys.

The job of a football player is to knock the snot out of another guy in different laundry. So the classy comments and professionalism is putting lipstick on a ping.

This last week was millions of dollars worth of free advertisement. Look at the television ratings and the 15.9 share even over the Survivor Finale.

You as a fan are about winning games and championships.

Jerry is about marketing his product. Winning championships is secondary - even though he is merely a fan.

This past week put money in his pocket. This is why he can see this differently than us fans.

Cold, hard truth.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!

I love the smell of hatred in the morning. It gets in you nostrils like bacon cooking and kind of stirs up the whole body in anticipation.

You people act like Jerry invented this concept for the Cowboys. He didn't. Allow me to quote the legendary Texas Earnest Schramm.

"The only thing worse than bad publicity is no publicity."

They called the man "a showboating innovator." I wonder how many of the younger generation know that and how many of the older generation conveniently forget it.

You know why every team has cheerleaders who are stunning but why ours get a TV show on CMT just about making the team? Tex Schramm.

Did you know that around the NFL there were people who looked down on the Cowboys because of their cheerleaders? It was seen as a slick marketing ploy. Oh my gosh, get a rope.

Do you know why we play every Thanksgiving? Tex Schramm.

Detroit has been playing on Thanksgiving since the 1930's. But they weren't very good at it most of the time. People hated that game. When the networks asked for 2 games to balance out the viewing audience Tex Schramm jumped all over it. People thought he was crazy. Yeah, crazy like a fox. Now they whine that we get to play every Thanksgiving and see it as an "unfair advantage."

Did you know that Tex Schramm was considered to be more powerful than the NFL Commissioner? Just like Jerry Jones he sat on every committee.

I hate to tell you folks but our GM has always been a high spotlight position and the spotlight hasn't always been kind. Tex was no fool, and neither is Jerry Jones.

Wake up. The hatred's cooking. Smells good doesn't it?

Embrace it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WG5516;2498588 said:
He enjoyed the drama of last week.... :bang2:Unbelievable!!!

Jerry has been a great owner and GM over the last few yrs, but I have a problem with his statement. His team were acting like children for most of the week.

The players were? Evidently the team was able to get themselfs ready for the game and went out and won so how much distractions were taking place. We know what the media said but evidently all their talk did nothing to stop Dallas from doing what they knew had to be done.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hostile;2499026 said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!

I love the smell of hatred in the morning. It gets in you nostrils like bacon cooking and kind of stirs up the whole body in anticipation.

You people act like Jerry invented this concept for the Cowboys. He didn't. Allow me to quote the legendary Texas Earnest Schramm.

They called the man "a showboating innovator." I wonder how many of the younger generation know that and how many of the older generation conveniently forget it.

You know why every team has cheerleaders who are stunning but why ours get a TV show on CMT just about making the team? Tex Schramm.

Did you know that around the NFL there were people who looked down on the Cowboys because of their cheerleaders? It was seen as a slick marketing ploy. Oh my gosh, get a rope.

Detroit has been playing on Thanksgiving since the 1930's. But they weren't very good at it most of the time. People hated that game. When the networks asked for 2 games to balance out the viewing audience Tex Schramm jumped all over it. People thought he was crazy. Yeah, crazy like a fox. Now they whine that we get to play every Thanksgiving and see it as an "unfair advantage."

Did you know that Tex Schramm was considered to be more powerful than the NFL Commissioner? Just like Jerry Jones he sat on every committee.

I hate to tell you folks but our GM has always been a high spotlight position and the spotlight hasn't always been kind. Tex was no fool, and neither is Jerry Jones.

Embrace it.

Very true I have a feeling some of our fans were not around during those days.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
I'm sure Jerry enjoys enjoys the publicity and understands that things like last week get people talking.

He also understands that crap that gets message posters distracted doesn't get the team distracted and show up on the field- no matter what some of you think.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Hostile;2499026 said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!

Embrace it.
you are kidding yourself if you think it is "that" simple. Every team is different. This edition of the Cowboys CANNOT handle it. Owens is so sensitive that he CANNOT let this go. Approaching members of the media with his entourage? Come on. Yeah this is GOOD for the Cowboys. Marion Barber loves it so much that he hides in the training room when the lockeroom is OPEN for the media. Our best player, DeMarcus Ware is just a quote machine right? Our OL loves it so much that they fine each other for talking to the media. When the Cowboys were 1-15 and Jimmy Johnson was trying to get this thing established.....he was able to do so without the kind of constant media attention this group is going through. This group has NOT WON ANYTHING. And any energy they are expending on issues non-football related is draining and ********. They do not look like a group having fun. Winning elicits relief as opposed to jubilation. They seem more interested in proving pencil pushers wrong than defeating the opponent. To suggest this team plays it's best when people doubt them is proof that this team cannot handle success. Which is why the wet their pants when they are on the cusp of achieving something (i.e. the game in Pittsburgh). Jerry is hard headed and he is going to KEEP learning the hard way about THIS particular group. THey want it to be about football. He wants it to be about lights, camera, action and football.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
bbailey423;2499098 said:
you are kidding yourself if you think it is "that" simple. Every team is different. This edition of the Cowboys CANNOT handle it. Owens is so sensitive that he CANNOT let this go. Approaching members of the media with his entourage? Come on. Yeah this is GOOD for the Cowboys. Marion Barber loves it so much that he hides in the training room when the lockeroom is OPEN for the media. Our best player, DeMarcus Ware is just a quote machine right? Our OL loves it so much that they fine each other for talking to the media. When the Cowboys were 1-15 and Jimmy Johnson was trying to get this thing established.....he was able to do so without the kind of constant media attention this group is going through. This group has NOT WON ANYTHING. And any energy they are expending on issues non-football related is draining and ********. They do not look like a group having fun. Winning elicits relief as opposed to jubilation. They seem more interested in proving pencil pushers wrong than defeating the opponent. To suggest this team plays it's best when people doubt them is proof that this team cannot handle success. Which is why the wet their pants when they are on the cusp of achieving something (i.e. the game in Pittsburgh). Jerry is hard headed and he is going to KEEP learning the hard way about THIS particular group. THey want it to be about football. He wants it to be about lights, camera, action and football.

:laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbailey423;2499098 said:
I knew it would go over some people's heads.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
bbailey423;2499098 said:

You mean like the altercation that Nate Newton and Charles Haley got into? Or the Lett suspentions 1 after the other? Haley putting his helmet through the wall after Dallas dropping 2 games because Emmitt Smith was holding out? Dallas has had drama before Jerry came, we are the Cowboys were ever Dallas is the media follows

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2499105 said:
You mean like the altercation that Nate Newton and Charles Haley got into? Or the Lett suspentions 1 after the other? Haley putting his helmet through the wall after Dallas dropping 2 games because Emmitt Smith was holding out? Dallas has had drama before Jerry came, we are the Cowboys were ever Dallas is the media follows
did these happen to a team that had NEVER won anything? That had NEVER established anything. That did NOT know how to win?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
bbailey423;2499108 said:
did these happen to a team that had NEVER won anything? That had NEVER established anything. That did NOT know how to win?

It has nothing to do with winning games, this is BS for you people the players know their jobs and they will either go out and play well or not but talk does not win or lose game it is for your consumption not theirs. Personally I don’t care if TO and Romo or Witten are best of buddies what I care about is on game day they go out and do their jobs that they are paid for. Fans talk more about this stuff than the players do. Distraction and controversy is nothing new to the Dallas Cowboys evidently you have not been following them that long. Like the Yankees in Baseball Dallas draw attention and any and every thing that happens will be reported

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
we play in a town where the margin of victory is analyzed over and over and over. The Steelers are going to take that "small margin of victory" straight to Tampa and smiling all the way. Along with a positive local/national media and happy fans. They play this way against EVERYBODY....and just get it done. We run around talking about "we wish we had a better opponent to play" after a tough loss. Or, you only beat the Benglas by 10 points. The vibe around this team has just gotten dumb. Especially for a group that has never won anything. With the injuries piling up and the spotlight getting brighter, I think this group will consider it succesful to just make the playoffs. To ask it to win 6 straight games would be a miracle

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbailey423;2499122 said:
we play in a town where the margin of victory is analyzed over and over and over. The Steelers are going to take that "small margin of victory" straight to Tampa and smiling all the way. Along with a positive local/national media and happy fans. They play this way against EVERYBODY....and just get it done. We run around talking about "we wish we had a better opponent to play" after a tough loss. Or, you only beat the Benglas by 10 points. The vibe around this team has just gotten dumb. Especially for a group that has never won anything. With the injuries piling up and the spotlight getting brighter, I think this group will consider it succesful to just make the playoffs. To ask it to win 6 straight games would be a miracle
Good adjective for this post.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2499117 said:
It has nothing to do with winning games, this is BS for you people the players know their jobs and they will either go out and play well or not but talk does not win or lose game it is for your consumption not theirs. Personally I don’t care if TO and Romo or Witten are best of buddies what I care about is on game day they go out and do their jobs that they are paid for. Fans talk more about this stuff than the players do. Distraction and controversy is nothing new to the Dallas Cowboys evidently you have not been following them that long. Like the Yankees in Baseball Dallas draw attention and any and every thing that happens will be reported
Oh I have been following them plenty long enough...which is why I am comfortable in my assesment. And for you to compare ANYONE in this group with any team that had Troy, Emmit, Haley, Irvin is just laughable and PROOF YOU DON'T GET IT. We are not them!

Dodger12

Reaction score
Hostile;2499026 said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!

Embrace it.

Well said Hos and I agree. But there's a difference with marketing your team and being a cutting edge innovator, proposing cheerleaders and Turkey Day games and it's a whole nother thing when you embrace the circus atmosphere and media spotlight of a player vs player scenario and one controversy after another. Yes, that puts the Cowboys on the front page but it's just not healthy for the team overall.

And if that type of publicity and media attention is going to be welcome for the sake of marketing your product, then you'd better win to back it up. The only thing missing in Jerry's approach is recent playoffs, SB appearances and/or SB victories.

ethiostar

Reaction score
bbailey423;2499098 said:
you are kidding yourself if you think it is "that" simple. Every team is different. This edition of the Cowboys CANNOT handle it. Owens is so sensitive that he CANNOT let this go. Approaching members of the media with his entourage? Come on. Yeah this is GOOD for the Cowboys.

What proof do you have of this claim? After a week of negative coverage they went out and played perhaps thier best game of the season as a team against the Giants.

Marion Barber loves it so much that he hides in the training room when the lockeroom is OPEN for the media. Our best player, DeMarcus Ware is just a quote machine right? Our OL loves it so much that they fine each other for talking to the media.
Not everybody likes to talk to the media. That's with any team in the league.

When the Cowboys were 1-15 and Jimmy Johnson was trying to get this thing established.....he was able to do so without the kind of constant media attention this group is going through.
Really? Are you sure about that?

This group has NOT WON ANYTHING. And any energy they are expending on issues non-football related is draining and ********. They do not look like a group having fun. Winning elicits relief as opposed to jubilation. They seem more interested in proving pencil pushers wrong than defeating the opponent.
So when they were kicking the living **** out of the Giants this past weekend, the entire time the team was thinking 'this is to prove Ed Werder wrong?'

To suggest this team plays it's best when people doubt them is proof that this team cannot handle success. Which is why the wet their pants when they are on the cusp of achieving something (i.e. the game in Pittsburgh).
who suggested that?

Jerry is hard headed and he is going to KEEP learning the hard way about THIS particular group. THey want it to be about football. He wants it to be about lights, camera, action and football.

THIS particular group hasn't been together for that long and they have gone through coaching changes, a QB who have just played two full seasons, and run into a Giants team last year that peaked at the right time and went on to beat everyone else, including the undefeated Patriots.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbailey423;2499128 said:
As long as YOU are convinced YOU are the smartest man in the room....keep amusing yourself
I'm convinced I've forgotten more than you will ever know and I haven't forgotten much.

That amuses me.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
bbailey423;2499127 said:
Oh I have been following them plenty long enough...which is why I am comfortable in my assesment. And for you to compare ANYONE in this group with any team that had Troy, Emmit, Haley, Irvin is just laughable and PROOF YOU DON'T GET IT. We are not them!

I get it you are upset the players are not they know their jobs. These type of things were taking place way before Troy and Emmitt and Haley so I'm not comparing the talent level of todays players to these players only that the Cowboys have had more than their share of drama over the years it is nothing new. It seems the players handle it better than you are good thing you don't play.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Dodger12;2499130 said:
Well said Hos and I agree. But there's a difference with marketing your team and being a cutting edge innovator, proposing cheerleaders and Turkey Day games and it's a whole nother thing when you embrace the circus atmosphere and media spotlight of a player vs player scenario and one controversy after another. Yes, that puts the Cowboys on the front page but it's just not healthy for the team overall.

And if that type of publicity and media attention is going to be welcome for the sake of marketing your product, then you'd better win to back it up. The only thing missing in Jerry's approach is recent playoffs, SB appearances and/or SB victories.
why let those MINOR details like winning get in the way? We are winning? We are not 5-11 anymore. We are winning....we won a game in December! We are winning....we showed EVERYBODY that all the drama last week was not too much to overcome. Stop thinking that playoffs wins, and Super Bowl wins are the only wins that count.