Jerruah, Just openly admitted

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
RainMan;2498837 said:
Is that an indictment, though? I doubt you become a billionaire by not caring about money. Secondly, how many players on this team would be playing football if not for the fact their talent was spotted at an early age and they knew they might be able to make millions off of it?

No I dont blame him, the NFL is a business but there should be some lines, loving negative attention when it tarnishes the integrity of the Star could have long term repercussions.

WG5516

Reaction score
gmb85;2498722 said:
I've read this entire thread and I still see no link to Jerrah's comments.

jobberone;2498730 said:
Apparently facts aren't necessary anymore.

It was on 11pm Sportscenter fellas. Maybe DC fanatic will post a clip of it. But it was originally from his Sunday post game presser which maybe on media site of DC.com

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Maybe he just simply likes it because we came out the other side.

It couldn't get much worse than it did last week. And we came out shining in the end.

Remember some of the last times it wasn't the prettiest, and almost to an extreme at times with some of the dramas our former famed players put us through. We won Super Bowls.

This is a guy who made THE 90's Dynasty.

Maybe "Hot Fire" was exactly what we needed to walk through..

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
WG5516;2498588 said:
He enjoyed the drama of last week.... :bang2:Unbelievable!!!

Jerry has been a great owner and GM over the last few yrs, but I have a problem with his statement. His team were acting like children for most of the week.

Is that a surprise to you?

Just think of it like this if there's no drama we're not even good....also how was his players acting like children?

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
I saw it.

My take was a defiant Jerry intent on defending and rationalizing and spinning his season-long failures. (PacMan, Romo injury comments, Barber injury comments, TO)

I said months ago that Trent Dilfer is the smartest and most eloquent sportscaster. He skewered Jones and pretty much cast called Jones a loser. Dilfer said Jones methods will NEVER succeed.

This team has Super Bowl talent and some class guys. With Jerry and TO they pissss it all away.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
but there should be some lines, loving negative attention when it tarnishes the integrity of the Star could have long term repercussions.

Exactly Doomsday. I want to vomit in Jerry's face. He has turned this franchise into the Britney Spears team of the NFL.

Then not only does he admit that they are becoming the Britney Spears team--he FLAUNTS It in front of all-America.

He just pulled his pants down and exposed himself in front of America.

Brian_C82

Reaction score
I'm starting to think that Romo plays better when people criticise him. When Romo does well, he starts to buy into his own hype. When people accuse him of being an overrated choke-job of a quarterback, he pulls off a performance like we saw against the Giants. If we keep telling him what a crappy quarterback he is, we might end up winning the Super Bowl.

Boysboy

Reaction score
The Panch;2498905 said:
He's also a guy who helped kill it.

The Herschel Walker trade helped us tremendously. Otherwise, no Emmitt, no Darren, no 1/2 of our OL, and no DL depth.

WG5516

Reaction score
^^ Trust me it's true. I watched it twice and I'm sure they will run the same video on Sportscenter all morning.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Batman;2498610 said:
I have said it before, will say it again. Jerry is one of the biggest problems this team has. Once Stephen Jones takes over, I think we will be rid of the drama and be just football.

This seems to be a common thought. How much does anyone know about Stephen Jones? I don't know squat about him, so I'm seriously asking.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
How much does anyone know about Stephen Jones?

HE is our biggest hope. But that's pretty thin. Jerry lusts for power and the spotlight. Even if he knew it would win championships for the team--I don't think he'd give it up.

He is a very corrupt man at this point.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
WG5516;2498588 said:
He enjoyed the drama of last week.... :bang2:Unbelievable!!!

Jerry has been a great owner and GM over the last few yrs, but I have a problem with his statement. His team were acting like children for most of the week.

Why are you surprised? I have said it a thousand time, any news is news.
It keep the COWBOYS out there.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Remember this is the same guy who who referenced one of his players (Owens presumably) as a sphincter - on Sun night.

AND the same guy who said Romo should suck it up and play right after the finger injury

AND the guy who questioned Barbarian's toughness.

Etc. Etc.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
vta;2498954 said:
This seems to be a common thought. How much does anyone know about Stephen Jones? I don't know squat about him, so I'm seriously asking.

As long as Jerry's breathing or at least hooked to a ventilator it doesn't matter.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Just saw that.....:lmao2: :lmao2:

"thats why we carry the KIND of reporters we do on the plane":lmao2:

cowboyed

Reaction score
TwoDeep3;2498615 said:
Sometimes there are subjects that cause the response in posters that reminds me of the blind men and the elephant.

Jerry owns a business that is for ENTERTAINMENT.

While the talking imbecils of ESPN like to call football a profession and want people to act professionally, these guys are not surgeons nor attorneys.

The job of a football player is to knock the snot out of another guy in different laundry. So the classy comments and professionalism is putting lipstick on a ping.

This last week was millions of dollars worth of free advertisement. Look at the television ratings and the 15.9 share even over the Survivor Finale.

You as a fan are about winning games and championships.

Jerry is about marketing his product. Winning championships is secondary - even though he is merely a fan.

This past week put money in his pocket. This is why he can see this differently than us fans.

Exactly but I will take the money aspect one step further. In the process of marketing the team which builds exposure and revenue he is only to happy to re-invest in the Cowboys and expand and renew the Cowboys infrastructure such as building a one of a kind stadium.

Just reported, in the Sports Business Journal is that Jerry Jones is the second most influential person in the US sports universe. Television sports media mogul Bodenheimer? is No. 1 and Goodell, by the way is No. 4.

This is also a testament to Jones increasing the value and prestige of this franchise. Thanks to the efforts of Jones the Dallas Cowboys not only draw exceptional revenue but significant interest to the team and football itself.

Few realize that when Jerry took this franchise over it was not in the best economical and market share state. You know if this was an amateur sport subsidized by the government maybe some of you would have a bone to pick about the business or purported publicity histrionics of Jerry Jones.

I for one am damn glad he is our owner and GM. Last week after the Pittsburgh loss he was blamed just about for every aspect of failure in that game including the so called imminent collapse of our season.

So if some of you give him the overwhelming negative credit for that loss then why are you not giving him the total positive credit for the Giants win? Whether it is kick in the arse or pat on the back for Jerry Jones I find this whole process absurd.

Regretably there is always a faction of fans that are hysterical, ignorant and hypocritical crybabies.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2498977 said:
Just saw that.....:lmao2: :lmao2:

"thats why we carry the KIND of reporters we do on the plane":lmao2:

Read: The kind that would rather report sensationalized crap than actual news that fans would rather be hearing.