Jerruah, Just openly admitted

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Dodger12;2499130 said:
Well said Hos and I agree. But there's a difference with marketing your team and being a cutting edge innovator, proposing cheerleaders and Turkey Day games and it's a whole nother thing when you embrace the circus atmosphere and media spotlight of a player vs player scenario and one controversy after another. Yes, that puts the Cowboys on the front page but it's just not healthy for the team overall.

And if that type of publicity and media attention is going to be welcome for the sake of marketing your product, then you'd better win to back it up. The only thing missing in Jerry's approach is recent playoffs, SB appearances and/or SB victories.
There have been circus atmospheres here before and we lived through them.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Hostile;2499132 said:
I'm convinced I've forgotten more than you will ever know and I haven't forgotten much.

That amuses me.
should I be surprised by this?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2499133 said:
I get it you are upset the players are not they know their jobs. These type of things were taking place way before Troy and Emmitt and Haley so I'm not comparing the talent level of todays players to these players only that the Cowboys have had more than their share of drama over the years it is nothing new. It seems the players handle it better than you are good thing you don't play.
and you say this because we beat the Giants? We STILL have not WON ANYTHING. We are going to HAVE to beat the Ravens...and please believe we are going to HAVE to beat Philly in Philly to get in. Right now is no time to stop and smell the roses. And don't forget those teams had a REAL head coach.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Jerry likes it because (1) it's free advertising as has been pointed out, and (2) it has no effect whatsoever on the game itself.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
bbailey423;2499144 said:
and you say this because we beat the Giants? We STILL have not WON ANYTHING. We are going to HAVE to beat the Ravens...and please believe we are going to HAVE to beat Philly in Philly to get in. Right now is no time to stop and smell the roses. And don't forget those teams had a REAL head coach.

I did not say we have won anything. What I'm saying is this effect you more than the players. They know their jobs and you getting upset has nothing to do with them doing their jobs. This BS is for your consumption not that of the players ESPN and other outlets are selling this to you not to the Dallas Cowboy players. The players know what is going on and on a 53 man team I can promise you not every guy in the locker room like each other on any team but they all have jobs to do

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
theogt;2499146 said:
Jerry likes it because (1) it's free advertising as has been pointed out, and (2) it has no effect whatsoever on the game itself.
and that is where you are wrong and more importantly Jerry is wrong. If this team was about football they would not spend as much time LEAKING info to Werder. And if this team was all football Werder would not even THINK he could squeeze info out of them. You think he can go into the Dolphins lockeroom and get someone to answer off record if Bill Parcells is as hands off as he is making it appear? And honesltly....do the Cowboys need ANYMORE advertising? I THINK everyone knows who we are...where we are...and what we do.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
bbailey423;2499155 said:
and that is where you are wrong and more importantly Jerry is wrong. If this team was about football they would not spend as much time LEAKING info to Werder. And if this team was all football Werder would not even THINK he could squeeze info out of them. You think he can go into the Dolphins lockeroom and get someone to answer off record if Bill Parcells is as hands off as he is making it appear?

ESPN loves you and fans like you...:laugh2:

Dodger12

Reaction score
Hostile;2499136 said:
There have been circus atmospheres here before and we lived through them.

Yep, and you can name ten to my one; QB controversies, sucker punches and locker room fights, disgruntled first round running backs, scissorgate, racism allegations, hotel rooms, hookers, drugs and more. On many of those occassions, we were at least winning. We might have been labeled next year's champs but at least we were there.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
bbailey423;2499155 said:
and that is where you are wrong and more importantly Jerry is wrong. If this team was about football they would not spend as much time LEAKING info to Werder. And if this team was all football Werder would not even THINK he could squeeze info out of them. You think he can go into the Dolphins lockeroom and get someone to answer off record if Bill Parcells is as hands off as he is making it appear?
20-8

If you saw the pre-game shows, you wouldn't think we had a chance because of all this, but we went out there and put a thumpin' on 'em.

People claimed TO's interview with Deion would be a distraction, but we went out and killed that week. People claimed Plaxico's situation would be a distraction, but New York went out and won the game that week.

These "distractions" are baloney. They have no effect on the game whatsoever. It's just the fans and media.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Dodger12;2499163 said:
Yep, and you can name ten to my one; QB controversies, sucker punches and locker room fights, disgruntled first round running backs, scissorgate, racism allegations, and more. On many of those occassions, we were at least winning. We might have been labeled next year's champs but at least we were there.
You must have missed the memo...this IS a WINNING team. We have won. EVERYONE thought we would lose because of the contreversy last week..but we showed them didn't we....we won. So let's go on a campaign to rub everyone's face in it...because hey we won!

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
bbailey423;2499167 said:
You must have missed the memo...this IS a WINNING team. We have won. EVERYONE thought we would lose because of the contreversy last week..but we showed them didn't we....we won. So let's go on a campaign to rub everyone's face in it...because hey we won!

So doesn't that tell you that you are making much ado about nothing? What proof do you need that just because something gets you all worked up- it doesn't really affect the team?

silverblue

Reaction score
you fans are so funny it is like you got on a ship in England thinking that you were heading to the promisedland but the ship belongs to the captain Jolly Jerry and HIS ship is out on a treasure finding trip.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
silverblue;2499171 said:
you fans are so funny it is like you got on a ship in England thinking that you were heading to the promisedland but the ship belongs to the captain Jolly Jerry and HIS ship is out on a treasure finding trip.

Have your ship head over to CapitalizationAndPunctuationLand.

silverblue

Reaction score
5Countem5;2499173 said:
Have your ship head over to CapitalizationAndPunctuationLand.

I heard there are to many spellingnazis in CapitalizationAndPunctuationLand. They are evil :)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theogt;2499165 said:
20-8

If you saw the pre-game shows, you wouldn't think we had a chance because of all this, but we went out there and put a thumpin' on 'em.

People claimed TO's interview with Deion would be a distraction, but we went out and killed that week. People claimed Plaxico's situation would be a distraction, but New York went out and won the game that week.

These "distractions" are baloney. They have no effect on the game whatsoever. It's just the fans and media.
Hammer

Nail

Contact

tyke1doe

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2498605 said:
people are talking up his team, what more could he want?

unlike non descript teams like Carolina, New Orleans, Cincinnati etc, people always have an opinion about us, good or bad

no one is ever indifferent about the Cowboys

:clap:

Even from way up North, you get it. ;)