Jerry claims there will be accountability

jsb357

Reaction score
Scapegoat time. Rinse and repeat.
jjright2.jpg

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
If you are an assistant coach on this team, I'd be pooping my pants right now.

The HC/OC got a pass. Per Werder, the DC is also going to get a pass and they would welcome him back if he doesn't get a new gig. The QB is likely going to get extended. The GM sure as hell isn't going to get fired.

You know who's left? That's right, the assistants. Jerry is gonna scapegoat the heck out of some of those guys (granted, some need to be changed like the OL coach).
Precisely my read too.

Assistants will get the axe and Jerry & Co. will “think long and hard about whut went wrong,” but other than that #STATUSQUO2024

Sydla

Reaction score
No the FA approach won't change. Even that is multifaceted, but has nothing to do with the coach. I suspect it's a Stephen thing more than a Jerry one.

So what to do about it? Accept it or stop being a fan. I begrudgingly accept it because it's not an end all be all deal breaker for me as a fan.

This allows me muchore peace in my life.

You're counter scenario seems to point to all individual losses by the coaching staff and not just the playoffs.

And let's try to keep this narrowed to current Coaching regime. I don't think if this staff has multiple 8-8 seasons they will be retained 10 years, as you've already stated Jerry admitted to keeping Garrett too long.

Narrowing the focus to this regime this game in playoffs is an outlier.

Previous playoff losses prior to this year under McCarthy were 6 and 7 points losses where the D gave up 23 or less points.

A blow out especially if this epic proportions is not the norm.

This alone should give any owner pause in restarting everything. Look at Eagles and their epic fall from 10-1. Yet they kept their staff in place at least HC. I'm confident they will replace coordinators.

You keep saying the OC here has had bad games. Yes, name me one who hasn't. You can't.

Do I think we should move in from McCarthy, well that depends on if we keep Dak. If we do,then I think the evidence is there those 2 together put together one heck of a season.

Personally I wish we'd move off of Dak let him leave designated post June 1st cut. And that has to do with salary cap. I also advocate for trading of 2/3 of Bland Micah CeeDee IF we keep Dak.

We have to be able to field a team and those 4 salaries will be prohibitive.

But the team won't do that. So I'm left with 2 choices accept it or quit being a fan.

I've made my choice will continue to have hopium that things fall in place and we win one soon because that is more peaceful for me than the alternative.

I hope you can find peace with your choice.
Playoff loss is a playoff loss.

Two of those came at home as favorites. My issue with McCarthy isn't that he got smoked on Sunday. It's that he's failed for three straight years.

Jerry said they wanted someone that could take us further than Garrett has. McCarthy has won 12 games for 3 years, and yet in each season, the team did not get further than where Garrett got them. Nothing has really changed. The end results are still the same. It's not one year. It's three years.

The Eagles? Their coach was in the SB last year. And even then, they are likely replacing the coordinators. We are running it back with the same group (per Werder if Quinn can't get a head gig, the Cowboys want him back).

Jerry deserves zero benefit of the doubt here. He's just repeating what's failed.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I guess he could give the "screaming into my pillow" or "man in the mirror" speech again. That's some good accountability right there.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

The HC/OC got a pass. Per Werder, the DC is also going to get a pass and they would welcome him back if he doesn't get a new gig. The QB is likely going to get extended. The GM sure as hell isn't going to get fired.

You know who's left? That's right, the assistants. Jerry is gonna scapegoat the heck out of some of those guys (granted, some need to be changed like the OL coach).
OC is gone, the TE coach is gone, all the little guys lol

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Coach Mac and Jerry's 3-hour conversation yesterday:

giphy.gif

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jerry has already informed everybody that he is responsible. Not sure what good that does anyone but rest assured someone took responsibility.

Trajan

Reaction score
Accountability and Cowboys no longer belong in the same sentence.

Sydla

Reaction score
You sure to put a lot of stock in him huh
Why shouldn't I? He tends to have a lot of correct insights into the Cowboys.

I've seen nothing to indicate that he's definitely gone even if he doesn't get a head coaching gig.

But maybe Quinn is gone. I am OK with that but understand it likely does not change the overall trajectory of the franchise. That can only come with a total purge of the entire staff IMO.

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
Firing an assistant coach or something isn't holding anyone accountable. If Dak and Mike are both here next year than no one meaningful was held accountable.