Jerry down and out

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
I just watched the after-game interviews last night. I don't think I ever saw a more down and out Jerry than after this loss. Kept saying he was sick about it, over and over. Then he and the kid canceled their radio shows, not like Jerry to not run his mouth at every opportunity. Even though I've taken many shots at him over the years, I actually feel bad for the old guy. He did get us 3 Superbowls, albeit a gazillion years ago.

Jerry was looking pretty bad too, think he knows something about his health that we don't, like maybe his time is not short, but very short?
If it Kills me.. Were Going To Win That SB.. End - Q Jerry

plymkr

Reaction score
If more fans could cash in on our financial success they’d be much more tolerant with the level of success we’ve had on the football field.
Right. I'm a passionate fan and I would be pacified if I got a check for percentage of the income the Cowboys made. Then I would care about them being so valuable. Since that doesn't happen when I go to work and other NFL fans are talking about their successful teams and I come back with " well the Cowboys are the most valuable team in the league despite being average on the field ". I usually lose those insult contests.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The big spend in free agency is coming after years of keeping the power dry. It might be a trade but either way they're going to spend this year.
I believe it when it happens, Jerry's idiot boy is too much of a penny pincher to actually spend any money.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looks like a man who was forced to quit drinking JW blue.
After 65 years:dance:

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
If you are really upset about the loss
Take responsibility and hire a gm.
Jerry is the man reason for the 28 years
Of futility.
Have some self awareness about your limitations.
It is simply incredulous...that he expected BETTER results this year...by fielding a lesser talented team this year.

It is not complicated to me. I have watched this man for far too long. I feel like I have a pretty good feel for how he thinks. I have always said, Jerry will give you insight into how he thinks....you just have to listen.

He is a business man FIRST! He never in his wildest dreams thought a QB making close to 50m, could lose to a QB making 900k. It is dollars and cents to Jerry. Why? Because that is what he understands best. MONEY! He has been around long enough to KNOW that is not how football works. If you want that to be the deciding factor...go into another line of work outside of sports. Sports simply don't work that way.

He is a top notch owner with an out of control ego. Being regarded as a great businessman is not enough for him. He craves the reputation of a football man. And he passed the point of no return a long time ago. At his age...he is dug in. It would kill him for someone to come behind him...after all these years...and get the Cowboys to the NFC title game in a 2 - 3 year window. He does not want what many of us think to be validated. He would not even be happy. It would probably take him out. That is how sick and far gone he is.

The man is paying someone EXTRA to do the dirty work of a GM (McClay does not have final say) but let Jerry retain the title of GM. Let that sink in folks. Do we grasp the depths of that degree of narcissism?

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
Listen we are never getting out of this hell unless Stephen Jones has an epiphany that maybe he isn't the guy and actually hires a real GM once Jerry kicks the bucket, but I highly doubt it. This is a family dynasty for them and they like playing the part of football guru even though they haven't won anything in forever.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
I just watched the after-game interviews last night. I don't think I ever saw a more down and out Jerry than after this loss. Kept saying he was sick about it, over and over. Then he and the kid canceled their radio shows, not like Jerry to not run his mouth at every opportunity. Even though I've taken many shots at him over the years, I actually feel bad for the old guy. He did get us 3 Superbowls, albeit a gazillion years ago.

Jerry was looking pretty bad too, think he knows something about his health that we don't, like maybe his time is not short, but very short?
One thing about Jerry Jones he wants to wear I don’t care what anybody says. He doesn’t think he’s the problem unfortunately the Results show differently.

visionary

Reaction score
He did last year too. And he was angry. And did nothing. It’s all an act.
I don’t think it’s an act
He really feels that way after these big losses but the next morning he wakes up with 2 22 year olds and realizes that it ain’t so bad

LysleE

Reaction score
Jerry is a legend in his own mind. Great owner and has been instrumental in the growth of the NFL, However, he the common denominator as to why the Cowboys have been irrelevant for 26 years.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I hope he is miserable. The guy is a total jerk. He will just go father another love child to cheer himself up.

Sydla

Reaction score
The big spend in free agency is coming after years of keeping the power dry. It might be a trade but either way they're going to spend this year.
Yeah, I’ll believe it when I see it.

They don’t have the cap space to go hog wild and still fill out a roster. They’d have to go beyond just restructuring Dak. Now you are getting into bad restructure territory.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Don’t feel bad for him he’s the main reason for it
Yes, it is all self inflicted.This losing every year for the past 28 years is slowly killing him. If his ego would allowed it he could have hired a GM years ago and have that person build a Super bowl caliber team, but Jerry won't do that because he wants everyone to think that he is a football genius that knows talent. He still thinks that his way is the right way.

RonWashington

Reaction score

When the Garrett firing went down Jerry went to Bunker most of that week I seem to recall . He agonized over it .

b0xZZ

Reaction score
Don't wish ill on him.

Ultimately, how about hire a GM if he's so down about the loss?
Because Stephen is the defacto GM waiting in the wings if he's not already 90% responsible for the team. There will never be a GM in Dallas while the Joneses own the team.

J_Allen

Reaction score

Well I agree with everything you said, Jerry absolutely did not get us those three super bowls and that third one was an absolute miracle.