Jerry Expects No Elliot vs NYG

glimmerman

Reaction score
If there is really a deal on the table close to gurley's.... we are talking about almost a million bucks a game.. No way does zeke pass that up. He has to remember he is getting this deal 2 years early. IF that deal is still on the table.... he will be back by week 1.

Because even if he got a million MORE than gurley per year... in 5 years, thats only 5 million dollars..... He would lose that this year if he misses 5 games.. He's dumb... but I don't think he's that dumb.
Deal is in between gurly and bell. Got to be close to 13.5 or a little more. I don’t think another team would give him that. He or his agent are being difficult. I hope we get a good RB in the cuts.

phildadon86

Reaction score
that's not his job. Maybe you guys should stop taking everything so personally.
No his JOB as you put it is to be at work while he is under contract. The least he could do is back up his friends on the team when someone he is associating with is bad mouthing them. This isnt about taking it personally. Its about common sense.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
The hardest part of this whole thing for me, is I wanted Jalen Ramsey so much more then Zeke. To think we could have him on this team instead of the bum in Mexico. Sad

glimmerman

Reaction score
No his JOB as you put it is to be at work while he is under contract. The least he could do is back up his friends on the team when someone he is associating with is bad mouthing them. This isnt about taking it personally. Its about common sense.
He misses games and I bet some of this team starts to care. I hear a lot of them saying it’s just business but when they are all playing there contracts, especially there rookie deals I think they may mumble a little in the locker room.

Reaction score
that's not his job. Maybe you guys should stop taking everything so personally.

Nope, it's his management team, his inner circle, the things they say and do on his behalf are under his control and his willing association. Left unrefuted the words might as well be coming straight out of his mouth.

Batman1980

Reaction score
At this point spend the cash they would've used to pay Elliott's salary this year to bring in Jay Ajayi and roll with Ajayi and Pollard as a 1-2 punch all year. A sprinkling of Morris makes it a very good rushing attack.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Not sure I'd go this far but understand your thinking. IF he's not signed by trade deadline in Oct. I'm sure Jerry will get a call or two from interested teams whether they wanna move him but can also see Zeke agent for the first time asking for trade also.

I'm guessing if this thing goes that long w/o deal, there's a major gap or holdup.

Trade him out for defensive line and/or safety help and roll with Ajayi, Pollard and Morris.

JeffAtl

Reaction score
The hardest part of this whole thing for me, is I wanted Jalen Ramsey so much more then Zeke. To think we could have him on this team instead of the bum in Mexico. Sad

It was always foolish to draft a RB that high in this era. If he is a bust then you've wasted a pick, if he is great then you'll miss out on the cheap rookie deal because RBs want new deals asap.

Devonta Freeman cost the Falcons the superbowl because he was more concerned with "getting paid" then blocking a blitzing Donta Hightower.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

:huh: Sure about that......I mean you STILL want Ramsey?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
What would the Jags say if we called and offered Zeke for Ramsey right now?

Honestly, I think they'd do it in a heartbeat.......not sure if you read/heard but there's some twitter talk that Jags are on the fence about signing him to a long-term deal. Nothing to with talent, he's high maintenance.

glimmerman

Reaction score
At this point spend the cash they would've used to pay Elliott's salary this year to bring in Jay Ajayi and roll with Ajayi and Pollard as a 1-2 punch all year. A sprinkling of Morris makes it a very good rushing attack.
Yep. If he stays healthy he will run really well behind this line. Elliot will be wanting to sign that contract.

The Natural

Reaction score
shut up.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The two years left thing is part of it.

One would think if you're going to get a raise a year earlier than normal that it'd be factored in as a slight discount.
And by "discount" I still mean right around Gurley money.

Have you seen another player get discounted because they have 2 years left off their contract? I've never even heard of this discount from the front office, only from fans who are "offended" at the audacity to ask for something where there's league precedent.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You are right, but privately they should, because every dollar that Zeke gets is one that is not available to them.

But the good thing is they don't think that way. They seem genuinely happy when a player gets a big contract because it's a dream for a lot of them and seeing your buddy get that is inspiring to them. You would think players labeled as "selfish" by emotional fans wouldn't think this way, but they actually do. Plus they know if this team doesn't pay them, another will so there's still hope for them.