Jerry Expects No Elliot vs NYG

TheFinisher

Reaction score
In that sense, yeah, if Elliott isn't a part of the future, it allows us to maybe spend money on Maliek and some others (I think La'el is gone).

But the flip side to this is that you only then got 3 years out of the 4th overall pick. That's just a bad return and would pretty much prove my point that taking a TB with the 4th pick was just not a very smart move.

I didn't agree with taking a TB in that spot either, but it's water under the bridge at this point.

The Cowboys own his rights for another 2 years.. 3 with the tag. The idea was to have elite TB production on a rookie wage scale for 5 years, which is essentially the prime years for a back. If Elliott decides to check out halfway through his deal that's not on the Front Office.

BigD_95

Reaction score
I just cant believe Zeke would turn his back on his teammates like this. I'm sorry but this team has a real shot this year and Jerry is offering massive amounts of money - 2 years early and yet its not good enough? There comes a point that you are just being too greedy. If I was on that team I would resent what he is doing. Its one thing if Dallas wasnt offering any new contract and was demanding Zeke play under his rookie deal. Or if Dallas was really low balling him. But they are not. It just shows he doesn't care about anyone but himself. The teammates - fans - the organization after standing with him through his suspensions. Nope just pure greed.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Unfortunately, you are 100% correct - the FO has caved. The good news, however, is that Zeke's camp has not taken advantage of it yet, so there is still time to walk it back.

The FO hasn’t caved. Zeke’s agents hard stance is making Zeke the highest paid RB in the league (which would be a record contract)

Jerry has never stated he didn’t want to get Zeke signed, quite the opposite - he wants him signed ASAP.

Until Zeke signs a contract great than Gurley’s and Zeke takes less than what he believes he is deserved , no one has caved.

These sceneries USUALLY end up with both sides meeting in the middle somewhere.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I just cant believe Zeke would turn his back on his teammates like this. I'm sorry but this team has a real shot this year and Jerry is offering massive amounts of money - 2 years early and yet its not good enough? There comes a point that you are just being too greedy. If I was on that team I would resent what he is doing. Its one thing if Dallas wasnt offering any new contract and was demanding Zeke play under his rookie deal. Or if Dallas was really low balling him. But they are not. It just shows he doesn't care about anyone but himself. The teammates - fans - the organization after standing with him through his suspensions. Nope just pure greed.

What makes you think Zeke cares about his teammates? I question his dedication to football in general. People who love their career don’t compromise it while outside of it

glimmerman

Reaction score
Good, won’t need him for the first 3 games anyways.
I would look at Ajia or whatever his name is. I would rather have someone a little better than Morris and more battle tested than Pollard.

DFWJC

Reaction score
rescind the latest offer
start negotiating closer to Bell's deal
Zeke continues to holdout for the entire season
don't take anything less than a 1st Round pick (nobody is offering that for Zeke)
Zeke is stuck in limbo for 2 full seasons; also not accruing time needed to be a FA
Zeke is out of football for 3 full seasons, probably arrested 4 times, out of football shape

nobody will touch Zeke with a 10 ft pole

congrats young man, you just played yourself
That punishes the Cowboys pretty badly just be spiteful.
If he won't take an offer that Dallas can live with (and maybe that offer has not yet been made) then the best move for Dallas is to trade him.
I tend to think they will get it done though

BigD_95

Reaction score
If the offer being reported is accurate they're obviously willing to pay that, so pulling it would be an emotional reaction.

If they're not willing to go higher than stand pat and let him decide if/when he takes it. Meanwhile, plan on not having him.

But that offer is having him for every game this season. Value goes down once you miss the first game. If he doesn't sign in enough time time to play that first game you pull the offer. I would give the warning to his agent. Offer will be pulled buy such date. Also Dallas should sign another RB once cuts are made. No more playing around with this guy

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
I think we'll know more when we see what other running backs are cut in the next couple days. If some good players get cut, and we can get them on the cheap, Jerry can REALLY dig in at that point. Lets say someone like Adrian Peterson etc etc could come in to spell Pollard..... and zee just has to sit back and take it. This is what I see happening.

rynochop

Reaction score
Listening to Jerry last night he said it was about the 'particulars' so maybe it's not the money..I wonder if it has to do with possible future off the field issues

DFWJC

Reaction score
That argument barely holds water even when you're in the final year of your contract, it sure as hell doesn't hold water two years out.
Yeah. He's not in his last year. He has TWO years left. If the injury risk excuse is used in the middle of a contract, then everyone may as well not play the game.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
That punishes the Cowboys pretty badly just be spiteful.
If he won't take an offer that Dallas can live with (and maybe that offer has not yet been made) then the best move for Dallas is to trade him.
I tend to think they will get it done though
agreed but at the same time, this has become pretty personal between Jerry and Rocky / Zeke

so wouldn't surprise me

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think we'll know more when we see what other running backs are cut in the next couple days. If some good players get cut, and we can get them on the cheap, Jerry can REALLY dig in at that point. Lets say someone like Adrian Peterson etc etc could come in to spell Pollard..... and zee just has to sit back and take it. This is what I see happening.
They cut Saturday down to 53. We could get a descent RB and have him ready week 1. If we sign 1 I wonder if Elliot will come running back so we see that a descent RB could help enough to win most games.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
If there is really a deal on the table close to gurley's.... we are talking about almost a million bucks a game.. No way does zeke pass that up. He has to remember he is getting this deal 2 years early. IF that deal is still on the table.... he will be back by week 1.

Because even if he got a million MORE than gurley per year... in 5 years, thats only 5 million dollars..... He would lose that this year if he misses 5 games.. He's dumb... but I don't think he's that dumb.

Deep_South

Reaction score
This is the first time I've really wanted the Cowboys to cut a player since they had that backup OL turnstile maybe ten years ago.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Listening to Jerry last night he said it was about the 'particulars' so maybe it's not the money..I wonder if it has to do with possible future off the field issues
Any quotes? If thats the case he will be here week 1