Jerry Expects No Elliot vs NYG

blueblood70

Reaction score
its all posturing and those saying Jerry hasn't caved , he has , not caving would be never offering not one new deal, he offered 2 and the last was pretty big..this has been a back and forth media cluster and dont believe any of it until game 1 comes and 21 isnt there..lots change by Tuesday with rosters etc and then its ON for Wednesday first Game plan practice..

Zeke needs to report and take the last contract offered , its fair and close to what hes asking, the voices in his head from the people surrounding him are giving him bad advice, hes getting pretty much everything he asked for, both of them need to check their egos and come together and get this done..

Im bit surprised EE and Dak weren't being introduced at the Luncheon kickoff with 2 new contracts..

ive had enough so Im sure all real parties involved also have had enough, stop the stare down and public comments and agree you need each other and lets go chase a SB!!

this circus changes daily an fans keep thinking they know whats true and we know squat I bet about 10% of the real truths behind the scenes..

lukin2006

Reaction score
I hope to never see that selfish drama queen ... be like Pittsburgh, call the trash collectors ...tell them we got 220lbs of bad apple...

JeffAtl

Reaction score
His teammates don't dislike him. They understand the business of the game because they're in it. It's fans who are "uncomfortable" with high dollar squabbling that raises their anxiety.

You are right, but privately they should, because every dollar that Zeke gets is one that is not available to them.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score

JeffAtl

Reaction score
I think it’s at the point now they offered him a great amount and his agent is in his ear telling him he should get more but where’s leverage? He’s losing 250,000 a week and has 2 years left on his deal.

If we lose first few he has leverage but if they win :huh:

The agent is probably calculating that the offer will still be available at any time in the season (Jerry might have even told them this) and could even get better.

Fines are rarely enforced once a a new deal is reached, so if the offer stays available Zeke and Co have nothing to lose as Zeke gets to avoid practice and games during that time but still ultimately gets paid for it.

Proximo

Reaction score
If we win games without Zeke, not only is he flushing game checks down the toilet, any leverage he thinks he has evaporates as well.

Zeke has the most to lose in this staring contest. There is no reason for the FO to change their position unless there is a serious injury to Pollard or the running game just craters.

I could easily see us winning the first three games out of the gate, and that will place tremendous pressure on Zeke and his camp.

I agree with this.
I don’t think Zeke is getting good advice from his agent.

He’s going to be wishing he never went down this path IF we come out of the gate strong.

Plus, I think (speculating here) that Zeke truly does love playing the game and it’s going to hurt him to watch us win and possibly move forward without him.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If the offer being reported is accurate they're obviously willing to pay that, so pulling it would be an emotional reaction.

If they're not willing to go higher than stand pat and let him decide if/when he takes it. Meanwhile, plan on not having him.

The Natural

Reaction score
I'm just amazed at how badly he's misread the Jones family. They would (and have) done anything for him, there was a big fat contract waiting for him after this season and the undying loyalty of some very powerful people. The absolute worst thing he could have done was stab them in the back and then badmouth other players on the team. He needs to find a way to transfer this mess over to Faulk and company, blame it on them, then fire them.
Zeke never badmouthed anybody.

JeffAtl

Reaction score
If the offer being reported is accurate they're obviously willing to pay that, so pulling it would be an emotional reaction.

The offer itself may have been an emotional, impulsive reaction though. This was right before the season and Jerry doesn't like for anyone to think that he can't afford something.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I agree with this.
I don’t think Zeke is getting good advice from his agent.

He’s going to be wishing he never went down this path IF we come out of the gate strong.

Plus, I think (speculating here) that Zeke truly does love playing the game and it’s going to hurt him to watch us win and possibly move forward without him.

Yah... I am hoping Zeke fires his agent, swallows his pride, signs a deal for #2 money and gets in so he can be a part of this season

mattjames2010

Reaction score
its all posturing and those saying Jerry hasn't caved , he has , not caving would be never offering not one new deal, he offered 2 and the last was pretty big..this has been a back and forth media cluster and dont believe any of it until game 1 comes and 21 isnt there..lots change by Tuesday with rosters etc and then its ON for Wednesday first Game plan practice..

Zeke needs to report and take the last contract offered , its fair and close to what hes asking, the voices in his head from the people surrounding him are giving him bad advice, hes getting pretty much everything he asked for, both of them need to check their egos and come together and get this done..

Im bit surprised EE and Dak weren't being introduced at the Luncheon kickoff with 2 new contracts..

ive had enough so Im sure all real parties involved also have had enough, stop the stare down and public comments and agree you need each other and lets go chase a SB!!

this circus changes daily an fans keep thinking they know whats true and we know squat I bet about 10% of the real truths behind the scenes..

Zeke is arguing he’s the best RB in the league and deserves more money than Gurley, Jones is saying no

That’s not caving lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke is arguing he’s the best RB in the league and deserves more money than Gurley, Jones is saying no

That’s not caving lol
NOT caving would not be offering any new money.. Jerry has offered two new deals and BIG ones thats caving..now EE should come to the middle here and take it so both needs to Cave in order for it to work..meeting in the middle is best and I realize Jones may not have offered everything he was asking but just a huge offer is caving.. holding his ground would have said Zeke play this year under your rookie deal or dont show up.. they havent even collected the fines yet..thats caving..

mattjames2010

Reaction score
NOT caving would not be offering any new money.. Jerry has offered two new deals and BIG ones thats caving..now EE should come to the middle here and take it so both needs to Cave in order for it to work..meeting in the middle is best and I realize Jones may not have offered everything he was asking but just a huge offer is caving.. holding his ground would have said Zeke play this year under your rookie deal or dont show up.. they havent even collected the fines yet..thats caving..

Again, no, it’s not. Jerry and Stephen are not arguing Zeke isn’t great - they are going against what he believes he is worth - which is getting the highest RB contract of all time

That is Zeke’s demand. That’s what Zeke wants and believes he is deserved

Until that contract is given, Jones is not caving he is negotiating to get into the middle.

JeffAtl

Reaction score

Unfortunately, you are 100% correct - the FO has caved. The good news, however, is that Zeke's camp has not taken advantage of it yet, so there is still time to walk it back.

X550i

Reaction score
I said this just the other day to some people I know. I think he holds out and the Cowboys win games and the run game is effective and essentially they trade Zeke.

On the other hand I hope Dak signs before week 1 game because he is going to have a huge year. Moore calls plays that suits the QB that is playing and I see Dak having a MVP type year.

I also see this scenario playing out, because I've also believed the Cowboys would run him into the ground and potentially not give him a second contract.
However, JJ really believes this group has realistic chance of going to the SB. Risking that chance on an uproved TB is a gamble, especially with the sands of the hour glass trickling down in his life.

X550i

Reaction score
Barkley has a better chance to go for 200 yards and 3 TDs if the Cowboys defense is exploited using the Rams and Colts defensive blueprints and the Cowboys offense cannot consistently move the chains.

Barkley will probably play with an extra chip on his shoulder to show how valuable top RBs are... building on what his friend Zeke is doing.

If the offense struggles and the Cowboys lose in the opener, this place will have a serious meltdown.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
rescind the latest offer
start negotiating closer to Bell's deal
Zeke continues to holdout for the entire season
don't take anything less than a 1st Round pick (nobody is offering that for Zeke)
Zeke is stuck in limbo for 2 full seasons; also not accruing time needed to be a FA
Zeke is out of football for 3 full seasons, probably arrested 4 times, out of football shape

nobody will touch Zeke with a 10 ft pole

congrats young man, you just played yourself