Jerry: Garrett brilliant but needs playoff wins

Praxit

Reaction score
..that is interesting he said that. I think Jerry knows this could be the year, cowboys go far. Dont blow it Jason..

Dre11

Reaction score
Lol...way to take Jerry way out of context.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I feel like hes saying we wont appreciate Garrett as much as he does until he wins a Chip. I dont take this as a critique

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Needs to get to the division round, at least. I do not expect them to win in LA or NO, they can't match the offenses.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
“We got to get some playoff wins. Jason needs a championship. We all do. Our fans do,” Jones said. “We get that done and you’re going to be shocked at all of a sudden his record of coaching and his coaching qualities, all of a sudden become the most-noted thing about him, not lack thereof of playoff victories.”

I'm not seeing this as some of you are, i.e. Jerry throwing down the gauntlet or admonishing Garrett. It appears to me that he's simply saying when Jason gets those playoff wins, that championship, it's going to validate "his record of coaching and his coaching qualities."

Jones still sees Garrett as a championship-caliber coach, which is where I believe he's fooling himself.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Never know with Jerry but this sounds like no playoffs and JG is gone. Even if we make it he has to get a win to be safe.

DenCWBY

Reaction score

“We got to get some playoff wins. Jason needs a championship. We all do. Our fans do,” Jones said. “We get that done and you’re going to be shocked at all of a sudden his record of coaching and his coaching qualities, all of a sudden become the most-noted thing about him, not lack thereof of playoff victories.”

The defense is what has us in this winning position. Could Jerry finally be feeling the pressure of losing Richards? If Richards is not given a significant promotion, he's sure to be gone and perhaps our newly improved D.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don't agree on the players. This is not a championship offense quite yet. Maybe it can improve, or if the Special Teams was better I'd say it's a chance, but we need to score more points.
I totally disagree. With our defense we don’t need much. We have a stud RB, a stud WR and a very good overall QB. Need a TE and healthy offensive line is all. We can win this year with what we have.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They’re in 1st place right now. Can’t do anymore than that right now. I know you hate Garrett but jeez.
We should be 10-2, at least. I dont like Garret on a personal level, as a fan I think he has done a good job the last month. I just think he should do better.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I heard his answer and I agree. I thought Jerry was sending the message that it’s now or never for JG to make a serious run. Jerry in his rambling way, basically said that the criticism of JG is warranted.
COPY THAT!:thumbup:

* Our FOOTBALL DAD really,really,really WANTS US to have NICE things,,,ya knowo_O

kevm3

Reaction score
It's time to show up. Dude has been here as an HC nearly 10 years. We have an elite defense and decent talent on offense. Getting to at least the NFC Championship game is a must

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Never know with Jerry but this sounds like no playoffs and JG is gone. Even if we make it he has to get a win to be safe.
YEPPERS!,,,& I'd safely venture to state: GARRETT & Crew Knew this (4 )games back,,,o_O