Jerry: Garrett brilliant but needs playoff wins

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Now JJ needs to get out of JGs way. Let him be the brilliant leader of men we know he is

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Well it’ll be interesting to see how we come out Sunday. The division is right there for the taking and we’re at home.

Years past under this coach this is a game we come out flat. That’s just the reality.

Another such game would give me less confidence that this is a championship caliber team.... instead of same old cowboys.

Eagles are playing Better but with injuries I still think we are the Better team. A championship caliber team wins this game Sunday.

ksadler1

Reaction score
If we are going to play this game of what ifs and things that happened, the 2014 "win" against Detroit was likely a loss if the referees don't miss a pretty obvious pass interference

Not just that, but l don't know why everyone acts like the "non-catch" was the last play of the game. Does anyone here think our D was going to stop Rodgers after that?...

Little Jr

Reaction score
In fairness to Garrett, he should have more playoff wins. 2014 was stolen by the league and 2016 took a magical play to happen.

I'm not trying to make excuses, Garrett has his warts, but it isn't as though the COwboys have gone into games and gotten blown out.
1 playoff win in 7 years. This is his 8th year, it's time to show something because he hasn't shown **** in the previous 7.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Jerry has thrown down the gauntlet.

He thinks he has put together the players to win a championship. He thinks Cooper was the last piece. Now it's up the Garrett to coach them there. So if they don't win, it's on Garrett and Garrett alone.

I don't think he can do it. But we'll see.

Does he get Cute, does he wet the bed, or does he become Creative yet simplistic enough to execute with This teams strengths?

-Stay Tuned

Fontaine

Reaction score
They believed in Dak so strongly that they sat Romo and let him walk.

We’re in 1st place. Now or never. Win the division and make some noise.

Just get hot at the right time, that’s all it takes. The Ravens last super bowl is a shinning example of this I feel.

Keep the faith my fellow fans, keep the faith!!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

“We got to get some playoff wins. Jason needs a championship. We all do. Our fans do,” Jones said. “We get that done and you’re going to be shocked at all of a sudden his record of coaching and his coaching qualities, all of a sudden become the most-noted thing about him, not lack thereof of playoff victories.”

"Jerry: Garrett brilliant but has warts, too."

The biggest problem with Garrett is the mythology of his brilliance. Garrett is 1 in 100, 1 in 50 smart. That's "one of the smart kids in your high school" smart.

Meanwhile, he's paid millions of dollars to be the lead game strategist and tactician for the most valuable sports franchise in the world. Millions of dollars is not 1 in 100 *pay*.

He's in over his head for his natural talents. Which would be ok if he *knew it* and acted accordingly, but instead, starting with Jerry, they treat him like a boy genius. And he clearly believes it. That's why he never learns. He trusts his theories because they are *his* theories, and he's the boy genius.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
In fairness to Garrett, he should have more playoff wins. 2014 was stolen by the league and 2016 took a magical play to happen.

2014 we probably lose even with the Catch. Rodgers was strolling over the defense at that point in the game. Put him in 4 down mode, and I bet on Rodgers driving for the winning fg, heads up.

And it was a catch. By the rules at the time. But I digress.

In 2016, the "magical play" didn't happen *only* by magic. Garrett's job on gameday is game/clock management. There were only 3 seconds left on the clock for the winning fg.

Among a great many other changes, if we had just kicked off and made GB return the ball, we run off that time. We kicked off for a TB with 35 seconds left. 35 seconds. Every second counted. We didn't burn seconds we could have burned. I'd much rather let their kick returner burn those seconds than give them to Rodgers.

Coaching matters. Garrett costs us a game or two every year with clock management.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
They believed in Dak so strongly that they sat Romo and let him walk.

We’re in 1st place. Now or never. Win the division and make some noise.
Sat Romo yes. Let him walk...joke. The guy was done and so was his wife. He retired. If he wanted to play and could play, he would have done so.

xpistofer

Reaction score
We should be better at passing on 1st down. Most teams are in their base defense on 1st down expecting us to run. This should slow down the pass rush a little. Our play calls are to predictable. We run on early downs, to much( especially when the other team is waiting for it) and pass on 3rd down. When a defense can predict what you are doing it is easier for them to stop you, especially in today’s NFL with the talent level so even throughout the league.
This x 1000. 1st down is the only down when the D shouldn't know what you are doing. We should be play action 50% of the time...this is the biggest problem with the offense. The second problem is a route tree that has receivers running toward the LOS when they catch the ball. We make life so hard on ourselves...

Zman5

Reaction score
Sounds like Jerry only got to hit one bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue today instead of his usual three.

ghst187

Reaction score
Brilliant at making speeches and clapping, managing games and play calling...well he hasn’t learned that in over 8 years....so....?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Richard puttin pressure on. Jerry ain’t stupid. Players talk. Garrett made a risk getting a top coordinator on his staff. Enough is enough.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

“We got to get some playoff wins. Jason needs a championship. We all do. Our fans do,” Jones said. “We get that done and you’re going to be shocked at all of a sudden his record of coaching and his coaching qualities, all of a sudden become the most-noted thing about him, not lack thereof of playoff victories.”

I think this means if JG doesnt make the playoffs or is one and done. He's done too.