Jerry Hopes To Extend Hardy

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I think he is more likely to get suspended again, before he gets an extension

khiladi

Reaction score
Hardy has never had a problem on the field. Performance isn't an issue.

And he is clearly a once in a lifetime player in terms of potential and how he is playing now... Not just great.

erod

Reaction score
I think he is more likely to get suspended again, before he gets an extension

There's the problem. Hardy likely has a series of suspensions ahead of him that will keep him off the field. Jerry would need to build in protections for the absences if he wants to extend him.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
There's the problem. Hardy likely has a series of suspensions ahead of him that will keep him off the field. Jerry would need to build in protections for the absences if he wants to extend him.

But he has to be suspended for DV for it to be a major suspension. They still have rules for most everything else and even when they do, take them to court like Brady did. The appeals process can take years.

Plus when he is suspended the salary doesn't count against the cap as long as they don't agree to that stupid Commissioner's Exempt list.

Blake

Reaction score
I honestly didn't know that, but yes that would also probably support the notion that he won't be signing any sort of extension or new deal prior to being a UFA. :D

And that makes you happy why? He's a beast. Again, clearly you are not a Cowboy's fan, since the thought of them losing a significant component of the defense amuses you.

Last edited:

Rogah

Reaction score
And that makes you happy why? He's a beast. Again, clearly you are not a Cowboy's fan, since the thought of them losing a significant component of the defense amuses you.
Sorry, I don't support men who beat up women, no matter what uniform they wear.

Also, I am not so blind as to think that just because a player is talented automatically means he is a good fit on my team. There are an awful lot of talented players that I would never want because of their issues, either on or off the field - and in Hardy's case, both.

If he was an Eagle, everyone in here would be making fun of how stupid the Eagles were to sign him and how stupid they sound when they enable him.

Blake

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't support men who beat up women, no matter what uniform they wear.

Also, I am not so blind as to think that just because a player is talented automatically means he is a good fit on my team. There are an awful lot of talented players that I would never want because of their issues, either on or off the field - and in Hardy's case, both.

If he was an Eagle, everyone in here would be making fun of how stupid the Eagles were to sign him and how stupid they sound when they enable him.

Fair enough, I won't dispute your reservations to Hardy because of his reported 'character flaws' and off-the-field 'incidences' if that is really your position, though we both disagree as to whether he belongs on the team or not. Fans are going to be divided on this issue no-matter what. I do not have all the facts, as I keep up with football intermittently throughout my busy week and glean much of what I am able from other posters and news articles posted on this board. I don't know the specifics of Hardy's case honestly, nor do I care, unless what he did to this woman was irreconcilable,warranting serious pen time. This in imo is where you fail to make a distinction, choosing rather to judge someone for their past, and not allowing them an opportunity to press on from the mistakes they've made, rather real or imagined. I'm curious to know though how you would've felt about the Cowboy's possibly drafting Randy Moss in 98', and T.O.'s tenure here, or even Charles Haley for that matter, since he is Hardy's prototype and all of these guys had off the field issues. I just want to make sure that you are at-least consistent with yourself.

I don't disagree with you that fans here would be railing the Eagles if they had signed Hardy. I would've just shrugged my shoulders and went *meh* myself, but yes, there are those fans.