Jerry: Hopkins unlikely, Zeke possible

diamonddelts

Reaction score
There won’t be near as much hating on Zeke if he’s brought back on a cheap one year deal. The players that receive the most hate by the fans on this board are the ones that are getting paid big money. Players look a lot better to Cowboys fans when they’re playing for cheap.
Not when they are single humbly killing jobs,
zeke got cut, cant find a job, and pollard made the pro bowl.

who looks stupid?

ill give you a hint………..its not me.
Well said.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
"Has not ruled out a return for RB Ezekiel Elliott"

Arrrgh. Cut it out Jerry, cut it out. PLEASE.:facepalm:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Please make it happen ....... the meltdown of some of the most annoying posters on this board will be the most entertaining thing in the off-season.
Agree.

8)

It’s all about getting Zekes money right.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
They will only sign Zeke if they think they need him after a few weeks of training camp and they have an injury. No need to be upset either way. They only bring him in if needed.
No.

It’s all about the $$$.

They know what Zeke can do.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
No doubt thise parents didnt help. But until you take responsibility for your own actions, you will never get better.

Yes being an addict you must want being clean for yourself, BUT you first must admit you have a problem and hit rock bottom and admit it to yourself and once in treatment and come out, the next step is letting go of your friends that also does it. But your parents if an enabler must change in this process also. Went to these meetings with my buddy for over 15 years and heard countless stories and how it begin and ended for lots of people. Meet some while they were high also to try to take them to meetings.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They don’t need a better running game because the running game is not important in modern NFL football. It’s a complement to take a bit of pressure of the passing game at times, and also, to utilize the passing game for big gains on the ground when the opposing defense is otherwise distracted. The passing game drives the offense period. So yeah, the Cowboys need another pass catcher to play with the big boys. As I said, improving their oline would help as well. But I think the oline is good enough. I don’t think the talent in the passing game is good enough in todays NFL. Hopkins could put that over the top.
another dallas fan that doesnt understand football.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
another dallas fan that doesnt understand football.
So what happens when Tyron goes down. He's been hurt every year for the last 5. They should have gone after a guard. Also Martin who I like isn't getting any younger.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So what happens when Tyron goes down. He's been hurt every year for the last 5. They should have gone after a guard. Also Martin who I like isn't getting any younger.
What happens when Tyron goes down in TC and Steele isnt ready to play till game 3? OR isnt 100% all year?

This was a another monster blunder by Jerry and the FO. last year it was not having enough weapons and featuring Zeke. This year it will be the Oline.

rambo2

Reaction score
You might want to wait and see what happens. A very good chance that the guys that they drafted are better than any guard that they could have gotten.

rambo2

Reaction score
What happens when Tyron goes down in TC and Steele isnt ready to play till game 3? OR isnt 100% all year?

This was a another monster blunder by Jerry and the FO. last year it was not having enough weapons and featuring Zeke. This year it will be the Oline.
Such a monster blunder that they won 13 games last year. I would say that there is a good chance that drafting M. Smith, Schoonmaker, and Overshown isn't the monster blunder that you claim it is.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I believe the Eagles did this with Fletcher Cox just last year didn't they? Not sure if they took much of a cap it or not, but know that they released then resigned him.

Odds are the move to release + resign to a vet min contract once he realizes that he has no market probably saves the Cowboys more money than having him take a pay cut alone. Zeke wasn't owed any actual money on his existing contract, all guaranteed cash had already been paid so by cutting him the Cowboys owed him $0. It really was just about the cap hit.....maybe that could have been lessened with Zeke redoing his deal, but to do so you probably have to add years which I get the sense the Cowboys were never wanting to do.
Something seemed a bit weird about that. Cox resigned two days later. I have a feeling that it was a "wink-wink" thing to help out Philly's cap situation. And then he signs another one-year deal this year.

rambo2

Reaction score
My gosh we have only been over this a million times since the draft. The answer is always the same - NO. The Cowboys brass clearly agree.
If they would have drafted a guard instead of Smith, now I would say that there would be a good chance that that would be a major blunder. Drafting Schoonmaker and going with the linemen that they now have has a chance of working out well.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Such a monster blunder that they won 13 games last year. I would say that there is a good chance that drafting M. Smith, Schoonmaker, and Overshown isn't the monster blunder that you claim it is.
Talking about winning a championship. Were past the playoff thing. Monster blunders that keep us from going deep.

Your 2nd sentence is a lie. I said nothing about those players.

rambo2

Reaction score
Talking about winning a championship. Were past the playoff thing. Monster blunders that keep us from going deep.

Your 2nd sentence is a lie. I said nothing about those players.
Aren't you talking about not drafting a guard? Those players are the players that they drafted. If you drafted a guard, you would have eliminated one of those players.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Aren't you talking about not drafting a guard? Those players are the players that they drafted. If you drafted a guard, you would have eliminated one of those players.
Im talking about the FO not addressing the glaring oline problem. Could have solved it with a stud tackle, guard, or even a stud center. Whether that be FA, draft, or trade.

they have basically pinned any SB aspirations on the health of tyron smith and even that of steele.

i also dont like the way they revamped the RB room for a team that wants to get back to running the ball more.