Jerry: Hopkins unlikely, Zeke possible

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It’s times like these when I get really annoyed at the cowboys’ unwillingness to take risks. I think the team is pretty damn close to legitimately competing for a superbowl and an acquisition like Hopkins could be the move that puts them over the edge. The defense is rock solid and has even been improved upon from last season. It is a difference maker. The offense has most of the pieces but could really use another pass catcher and some shoring up of the oline. I realize that making a move for Hopkins could impact your future but at some point you have to make that call, like all franchises do at some point unless they have Mahomes. This should be that moment but the Cowboys are going to stand pat and their chances of improving on last season will be lower for it.
How is Hopkins going to put them over the top? Another expensive receiving weapon isnt what they need. A better Oline is what they need. A better running game is what they need. Blocking and running. Hopkins does NOTHING to solve that problem.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dunna know what is worse, Jerald thinking Sequel can help the team or giving the unwanted Sequel false hope.

Big_D

Reaction score
Man crush on some JAG RB but no love for a coach who helped build your dynasty.

I swear if it wasnt for Jimmy's massive contribution to building the Cowboys dynasty, Jerry would argurably be one of the worst owners ever

An in escapable, never ending man crush. And no love for Jimmy is because he's looked like a complete buffoon for nearly 30 years. No doubt that the dynasty bought him the illusion that he actually did something besides hire the HC at the time.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Zeke is certainly worth bringing back for a price that fits the role. Currently the backs we have to replace him are downgrades.
I don't know if I agree that they are downgrades. If you mean that we currently don't know whether they are downgrades, I can agree to that. Elliott's game is in decline, so it's possible that they are upgrades to him. The fact that we don't know that is why I think we should re-sign him if the cost is reasonable. It's better to sign a player now and find out that you don't need him than to find out you need a player to late to sign him.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
There won’t be near as much hating on Zeke if he’s brought back on a cheap one year deal. The players that receive the most hate by the fans on this board are the ones that are getting paid big money. Players look a lot better to Cowboys fans when they’re playing for cheap.
Don't know. He's already in the hate zone. Some fans can't stop once they start.

rambo2

Reaction score
They will only sign Zeke if they think they need him after a few weeks of training camp and they have an injury. No need to be upset either way. They only bring him in if needed.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't know if I agree that they are downgrades. If you mean that we currently don't know whether they are downgrades, I can agree to that. Elliott's game is in decline, so it's possible that they are upgrades to him. The fact that we don't know that is why I think we should re-sign him if the cost is reasonable. It's better to sign a player now and find out that you don't need him than to find out you need a player too late to sign him.
They’re downgrades until proven otherwise. Zeke put up just under 900 yards last season and 12 TDs in 15 games. He may be in decline, but I still believe he’s better than the players we have to replace him, plus he’s still an excellent blocker. We should re-sign him because we don’t know exactly what we have behind him. We can’t be settling for FG’s all season, because we can’t punch it in the endzone from 5 yards out. Picking up one or two yards in a very critical situation could be the difference between winning and losing a game. We can’t afford to miscalculate with the RBs we have, and assume they can get it done. We’ve miscalculated at RB before and it cost us, which is why we ended up drafting Zeke. We can put it on Dak all season to pick up short yardage situations with runs and throws.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was a nice way of saying we want you gone.

But I see you are still dreaming of your hero dominating carries at 3.8 ypc
:facepalm:
I see you are still trying to throw on sly insults. But they are really stupid.

StarMan2112

Reaction score
Why in the world would Jerry bring Zeke back? Anyone not legally blind can see he’s not good anymore. Hasn’t he already fleeced you out of enough money Jerry?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Please make it happen ....... the meltdown of some of the most annoying posters on this board will be the most entertaining thing in the off-season.